Unusual GMAX3100 problem - seems to be related to transparency

InsanelyOne

4 posts in this topic

I've been searching all day for a solution...haven't had any luck. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto a Dell Latitude D630 today and everything went well except the video display is messed up on menus (and anything else that is transparent). Here's a screenshot:

picture1xb4.png

Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

I am having problems with the graphics. I have a dell vostro 1500 with Intel GMA x3100. I have tried all kext and solutions in here and the only way I can get the right resolution is with the Intel GMA files from the kalyway 10.5.2 install but I don't get QE and with my highest native resolution my mouse is all artifact similar to what your screen is doing but in a different way.

EDIT -

I can't get it to show the mouse like I see it in the screenshot. When I capture the screenshot the mouse looks fine in it.

ERRANDWOLFE-

could I by chance get whatever files you are using for your Intel GMA x3100 to try? I am wondering if I am missing something.

I can't say I ever had that problem. Any oddities come up during your installation? Any reason you choose 10.5.2 instead of 5.4?

I can't say I've ever seen the problem either... which I why I can't seem to find a solution. I choose 10.5.2 because that's what I had. I just tried installing 10.5.3 combo update which has since cause a much more troubling issue to which I'm going to post a separate thread.