Idea! Virtual Machine inside a Virtual Machine and so on...

19 posts in this topic

Yes it is possible with VMware are some undocumented parameters. I have run VMware Fusion inside VMware Workstation. You do need to have Intel VT or AMD SVM enabled processors and also there are version differences in the VMware product range. One use is learning VMware ESX inside a Workstation guest. Check out the VMware forums for details.

Yes it is possible with VMware are some undocumented parameters. I have run VMware Fusion inside VMware Workstation. You do need to have Intel VT or AMD SVM enabled processors and also there are version differences in the VMware product range. One use is learning VMware ESX inside a Workstation guest. Check out the VMware forums for details.

I followed the CBT course for ESX server and it was great!

LOL I had the chance (with another job) to build up an Proliant server with the Raid0, install Win 2k3 server x64. With this config (the guy who works with me a this time said that's cheap) Intel Xeon DP 2.3 Ghz (damn!!), 8gb of Ram, 2x500gb Raid0, PCI Raid controller, NIC PCI card 1 gb/s link. I was so {censored} happy when the boss gimme that job! I was pretty fine for the day hehehe:D:D:D And on the worksheet, the price is detail to 5 000$.

LOL I had the chance (with another job) to build up an Proliant server with the Raid0, install Win 2k3 server x64. With this config (the guy who works with me a this time said that's cheap) Intel Xeon DP 2.3 Ghz (damn!!), 8gb of Ram, 2x500gb Raid0, PCI Raid controller, NIC PCI card 1 gb/s link. I was so {censored} happy when the boss gimme that job! I was pretty fine for the day hehehe:D:D:D And on the worksheet, the price is detail to 5 000$.

I think It's cheep ;), when you compare it with higher servers .