New compile of MPlayer (CVS060310)

karosa

73 posts in this topic

it can play 'rmvb' just with audio...

how do you think the blue color around the 'back' button on the controller?

of course, it's a good work~

Hello I did look into that Real Format when I saw your post(the other one) and apparently the two players supporting it are Real and Helix, at least Helix being open source you have a chance to get a working player, but since it hasn't been ported to OSX yet (and pretty much nothing besides Linux and Solaris) I think your best bet is to wait for a unibin of Realplayer. I don't know of any other open source players than can play that format .

Blue color around the back button? I don't know what you mean :)

Sorry if I am too ignorant, but how to view subtitles with MPlayer, if they are in a different folder than the video, or they are named differently?

Hello

The command line options differ slightly for the different formats:

VOBsub subtitles. VOBsub subtitles consist of a big (some megabytes) .SUB file, and optional .IDX and/or .IFO files. If you have files like sample.sub, sample.ifo (optional), sample.idx - you have to pass MPlayer the -vobsub sample [-vobsubid id] options (full path optional). The -vobsubid option is like -sid for DVDs, you can choose between subtitle tracks (languages) with it. In case that -vobsubid is omitted, MPLayer will try to use the languages given by the -slang option and fall back to the langidx in the .IDX file to set the subtitle language. If it fails, there will be no subtitles.

Other subtitles. The other formats consist of a single text file containing timing, placement and text information. Usage: If you have a file like sample.txt, you have to pass the option -sub sample.txt (full path optional).

Command line options are of course given as "additional parameters in the gui

Thanks for a good and not resource hog program. I downloaded the version with GUI, I'm totally useless in using command line. I have the surprise that the program loads automatically the subtitles, if the subtitle file has the EXACTLY name of the movie file and it is in the same container. But I need an option to localize the subtitle language (like in VLC: ISO-8859-2 for my language).

Thanks and keep it up.

Hello

Command line options are of course given as "additional parameters in the gui

Hi. Thanks for your answer. I've actually found a much easier and better way to open whatever subtitles you want.

You open the playlist, then you select the movie that is there and you press the button "I" (for information).

Then you get a screen in which you can select the name of the subtitle file and other things. :graduated:

Have a good day...

Thanks for a good and not resource hog program. I downloaded the version with GUI, I'm totally useless in using command line. I have the surprise that the program loads automatically the subtitles, if the subtitle file has the EXACTLY name of the movie file and it is in the same container. But I need an option to localize the subtitle language (like in VLC: ISO-8859-2 for my language).

Thanks and keep it up.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16064559/MPlaye...t_Pack.zip.html

the screenshot says it all =) make sure to put the three items into your HOME directory

mplayer should automagically find and use the installed font

if for some reason you'd want to go back to the included ttf font open terminal, type "rm -rf ~/.mplayer/font" without quotes and press enter

post-310-1142957029_thumb.jpg

Dunno about that. M$ did release Windows Media Player for OSX for a while. Don't know if they're planning a unibin or not.. or if they're still doing it at all

Just to keep your heads up, MS officially ended Windows Media Player for Mac last January and are supporting Flip4Mac WMV component instead. Flip4Mac is currently working on UniBin version of the component.

Hello I did look into that Real Format when I saw your post(the other one) and apparently the two players supporting it are Real and Helix, at least Helix being open source you have a chance to get a working player, but since it hasn't been ported to OSX yet (and pretty much nothing besides Linux and Solaris) I think your best bet is to wait for a unibin of Realplayer. I don't know of any other open source players than can play that format .

Blue color around the back button? I don't know what you mean :whistle:

anyway,...actually,it works pretty good !.

i have no idea about how to describe this problem(blue color..).

take look a this pic.

maybe you can help me on expressing it in the right way!

post-13598-1143036730_thumb.png

anyway,...actually,it works pretty good !.

i have no idea about how to describe this problem(blue color..).

take look a this pic.

maybe you can help me on expressing it in the right way!

:hysterical: I don't get it..

If I'm right in supposing that it's the movie in the background and that it's NOT supposed to be blue then it's a colospace issue.. What GFX card do you have? try other lines or try adding -vf-add noformat=bgra to the additional parameters.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16064559/MPlaye...t_Pack.zip.html

the screenshot says it all =) make sure to put the three items into your HOME directory

mplayer should automagically find and use the installed font

if for some reason you'd want to go back to the included ttf font open terminal, type "rm -rf ~/.mplayer/font" without quotes and press enter

Thanks Karosa and excuse for my ignorance. Is the best video player app till now.

mplayer uses ffmpeg (libavcodec, libavformat, and something else from ffmpeg), but ffmpeg doesn't contain a WMV9 codec.

I don't see anything about WMV9 support on ffmpegX site either, though ffmpegx appears to just be a frontend for mencoder in which case you could probably use my mencoder compile with it, if you replace the included one with the one from my mencoder gui bundle, but you'd still be lacking WMA support. (for the new wma formats) plus various other things that I didn't compile into that mencoder (h264 encoding, ac3 encoding, etc.)

AFAIK there is no open source WMV9 codec (except libvc1 but that's not really open source) nor is there any way to decode new WMA types without the windows codec loader. Aubin Paul's been making some progress with the loader but I'm too lazy to switch on my osx86 pc these days so didn't test his fixes yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder if anyone has picked up on this, but on my set there's audio clipping on certain AVI files.

"certain avi files" doesn't say much :whistle:

Perhaps if you were a little more specific.

Reasons could include a buggy codec, unsupported gfx(with slow cpu), not enough ram, slow disk access, and at least 50 other things. Can't really say anything for just "certain avi files"

Do they play fine on VLC?

• 2 weeks later...