Just started Objective-C and Need a little help.

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I am making this app called, "Swiss Army Converter" (First App :D) and I am going to have it convert Weight, Currency, Distance, and Temperature.

I have completed 1.5/5

I am Done With Currency (thanks to apple's tutorial :D)

And Kinda done with Temperature (based on custom script (im a fast learner))

And I am still weary with my custom script.

I have gotten the conversion stuff all righty, it converts flawlessly. But I made Sliders to make it look cool :D and I want the value of the sliders to make the NSTextField next to it.

Here are my Outlets:

fahrenheitSlider

celsiusSlider

celsiusField

fahrenheitField

So I am asking what code I should put in to make the position of that SliderCell on the Slider to make the value of the float amount in the TextField.

Desregard the above, i got it working, but I do need help on making the Help Book, and the Weight Converter as well, anyone know how to make a weight converter for XCode?

• 2 weeks later...

No, I want to do it differently, I want to learn how to generate values depending on an NSComboBox Selection but I cannot do any of that the way I would (which is outlets) because NSComboBox is a dropdown and I want a number for each value in the dropdown so I can make a generated value depending on the selection like. (this isnt real code just to make people understand)

if SelectionValue=1

*3 -234

Okay, thanks for all your help, but I dont understand how I will do that depending on what object the user picked.

And which file should I put that in, the .h or .m file?

• 4 weeks later...