Asus EN8600GT problem with NVinject

iop762000

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install nvinject for my video card, my PC has the following configuration:

Pentium 4 HT 3.0 GHz, 1Gb RAM, Asus EN8600GT graphic card with 2 DVI and TV outputs (I use an adapter DVI to VGA for my monitor). Mac x86 installation is Leo4all 10.5.2 everything is working fine except my video card. I tried different values for NVCAP but with no succes  ;) , I also used NVCAPMaker wich give me tha same NVCAP as standard installation with NVinstaller 4.1 (tried 5.1 and 5.2 too) 04000000 00000300 0C000000 00000007 00000000, nothing is working.

The installation is working just fine but when I reboot the system hangs with the following screen.

Can anybody help me ?

post-201346-1217592525_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I am trying to install nvinject for my video card, my PC has the following configuration:

Pentium 4 HT 3.0 GHz, 1Gb RAM, Asus EN8600GT graphic card with 2 DVI and TV outputs (I use an adapter DVI to VGA for my monitor). Mac x86 installation is Leo4all 10.5.2 everything is working fine except my video card. I tried different values for NVCAP but with no succes ;) , I also used NVCAPMaker wich give me tha same NVCAP as standard installation with NVinstaller 4.1 (tried 5.1 and 5.2 too) 04000000 00000300 0C000000 00000007 00000000, nothing is working.

The installation is working just fine but when I reboot the system hangs with the following screen.

Can anybody help me ?

I have a 256 MB DDR3 8600GT card running fine.....see my blog entry for getting my video working..... :P However, I only have it set up to run 1 monitor (via DVI toVGA adapter), not dual Monitor and/or TV Out....

Anyhow, to remove GeForce and NVinject files, after rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt:/ root# to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext

followed finally by exit.

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, hopefully resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

Now you can use NVinject to add the correct video driver as described in my blog, or NVkush (very easy if your video card RAM is 256MB)......see here

Or you can try EFIStudio.....see here

I hope these suggestions help you, or at least point to a solution that works for you..... :)

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I abandoned this problem, now I am using an AGP card that is working fine.

I think that the problem is with my Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 MOBO because it supports just x4 on PCIe. I found that in a forum but I cannot find it anymore.

Is anyone in the same situation ?

;)