[RETAIL GUIDE] ASUS M50SV Notebook

THe KiNG

162 posts in this topic

The King, would you mind to share with us your kext to enable the inputs for the sound ? I know you've spent a lot of time on it, but i don't understand stuffs to do to enable them.

thanks

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry903857

^^^ Drop them with kexthelper in /s/l/e if u dont use boot i32 method, but use vanilla applehda.kext and hdaenabler.kext(take it from Taruga leopard kexts or site if you dont have it)!

No internal mic yet, work in progress....

Murty try to boot with VGA connected, if u plugged in after boot go to System Preferences, Display and chose decect display, ...see it works right?

^_^

DONT try to use both external connection in the same time! Use just one @ time, like internal display plus VGA or internal display plus HDMI, if u connect them all your OS X will freeze!

Murty try to boot with VGA connected, if u plugged in after boot go to System Preferences, Display and chose decect display, ...see it works right?

:wacko:

DONT try to use both external connection in the same time! Use just one @ time, like internal display plus VGA or internal display plus HDMI, if u connect them all your OS X will freeze!

I have tried that several times, and i do the detect display and the laptop screen turns black and freezes, then i have to reboot...

I havent tried the HDMI port yet. Was going to try tonight.

You don't get what I sad:

DONT USE Hardware switch(eg.Fn+F8)!!!

On OS X got to System Preferences, on Display select Detect Display(after u connect vga) and your vga should pop up, if not then u are using wrong NVCAP.

Works fine here...

wierd i have the same issue as Murty. Hot plugged or not, when i "detect the monitor with vga plugged, i get 2 black screen and leo freezes.

For the video, i haven't installed anything else than com.boot.plist.

What's the NVCAP you're talking about ? :)

I'm guessing you both are using my first(old) com.apple.boot.plist thats the problem.

Patching HDA rape all my time, I didn't get time to update the guide, and replace old stuff with actual working one :(

Still I have a good news, I got second HP out working and external mic recognized as it is and working

So on sound we have now working, internal spk/first hp on switch, second hp out and external mic, ahh and digital out since we dont have digital in.

Only internal mic left(just one sound assertion to fix)

So wait a bit until I will finish with this damn sound then I will finish also the guide with all new files needed in place.

Ahh to answer on NVCAP question: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103549

Last configuration is our winner, but later about this :)

Hi mate, yeah now i remember where i saw this NVCAP thing :(

I had a quick look to it but I felt a bit lost reading it :)

I'm gonna try to spend some time to get the point becayse i want to add a brick to the building :) (french expression, doesn't matter if you don't get it :))

But if i can't get it working, maybe you'll see me asking you the plisp :)

For the NVCAP, what we gotta do is just to find the good one and replace a part of the com.boot.plist ?

I'm wondering because they are talking about injectors but we are not using injector ? aren't we ?

For now I don't use boot.plist i use a beta injector for gfx(its not public yet) but the boot plist does the same job, the reason for not using it, yet, its that I don't whant to touch any file from a vanilla Leopard install, when all will be done I will be back to the boot.plist...I dont have time to explain more...

Look here for more info: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127330

Ok, it is not important for me right now, i'm using the HDMI.

If you have anything new, be my guess :)

(I know it looks like we are waitiing for your work, but really i tried many things but it is kind of too complicadted all of this for me right right now :D )

By the way, the new security update can be done directly from Apple

Thanks again mate. I think we will also need your help for the nvcap. I tried but i failed :D

That's how u learn, trying...

U failed once but next time...

I'm also working now on HDMI out for sound, seems that we need 10.5.6 for that or snow...

I've noticed an isse with the last audio kext you gave. Tell me if you have the same.

I wanted to use skype to talk with a friend, so before i use a mic connected to the laptop. But since i've installed last 2 kext, the mic didn't worked.

So i've reinstalled the previous ones and it worked great.

I've found a topic about the integrated cam, i'm gonna see if i can find some thing interesting for us on this thread

LOL just use LineIn for external mic in...

Its just a name change... XD

I didn't like the default setup name so i change it to line in since we dont have one...kind of stupid from ASUS...check on vista if u dont belive me...

The King, i have a question :) A long time ago i did this to the dmi:

dmi /sm "Apple Inc."

dmi /sp "MacBookPro4,1"

dmi /sv "1.0"

dmi /bm "Apple Inc."

dmi /bp "MacBookPro4,1"

dmi /bv "1.0"

dmi /cm "Apple Inc."

dmi /cv "MacBookPro4,1"

But i totallyforgot to write somewhere the original values, may be you have them somewhere and could give me.

Because i have to send my laptop to the aftersale services for a noise problem and i'm not sure they will appreciate to see their laptop as a Mac :)

I've tried by flashing with the old bios, but it doesn't change, so i guess i have to write the original values :)

I did a full reinstall because i've change few things in my laptop. But still i can get the external mic with your last audio kext.

Would you mind to give me the hdaenabler and the applehda you're using since taruga's wiki doesn't work. (And also if you could give us files to get the graphic card working totally). Sorry to ask all this, but i don't have as much time as before to try by myself and i'm not that good in programmation. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The king, you're the boss ;)

The com.apple.boot.plist works great. In this file i add this flag : debug=0x100

This replace the kernel panic screen by a debug screen, so it shows where is the issue.

I think the sound works fine too, but still wondering about few issues with the mic. But it might come from my applehda.kext. Could you add the vanilla one please ?

I'm not sure to understand the chameleon patch. I have to replace the boot file in my root with the one downloaded then copy your DSDT to the root too. But i can't replace the boot file because it is invinsible :). So gotta find out how to replace it.

Once all this done, i guess i can put the original bios from Asus. Am I right ?

The king, you're the boss ;)

The com.apple.boot.plist works great. In this file i add this flag : debug=0x100

This replace the kernel panic screen by a debug screen, so it shows where is the issue.

You didn't tell what is the problem... :)

I think the sound works fine too, but still wondering about few issues with the mic. But it might come from my applehda.kext. Could you add the vanilla one please ?

Vanilla one you can find it on 10.5.5 update, its free on apple site... Its working fine here and another user test it and works...so the problem is on you

I'm not sure to understand the chameleon patch. I have to replace the boot file in my root with the one downloaded then copy your DSDT to the root too. But i can't replace the boot file because it is invinsible :D. So gotta find out how to replace it.

Google is your friend, or u can use Change Finder from Kalyway releases...

Once all this done, i guess i can put the original bios from Asus. Am I right ?

Yes! Tested and works great here.

Well, yes i know google is my friend, i know him quite well for few years news.

I'm gonna extract the files from the 10.5.5

I don't have kernel panic. But this debug thing is in case you get one. Usually when you get a kernel panic you just have a screen that tells you to restart your computer. So with this flag in you com.apple.bloot.plist, you won't have this screen anymore, but a screen with lines of commands which explain from where comes the panic.