14 replies to this topic

osmthi

osmthi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
(Note: I've never used OS9 before...)

As mentioned in the OSx86 Installation forum, my brother's friend gave me a PowerBook G3 with OS9. It has a lot of...stuff...on there and I was wondering how I could get rid of all the files and make it like new. Keep in mind that I don't have any install CDs, just the PowerBook. Thanks!

blackentangled

blackentangled

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
how bout, getting rid of os 9 permanently and install os x. hint hint

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
The fast way is to re install Mac OS 9 directly from the CD, erase the destination Disk.

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
macgirl, he did mention that he doesn't have an Installation CD.

Other than grabbing an install CD off p2p or something I don't see a way you can get around to that osmthi...

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
Certainly, he need an OS 9 installation CD, which is as easy as OS X to obtain, I think is even easier since it is smaller.

berehon

berehon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Using some tricks you can install even Mac OS X up to 10.3. Having a RAM 128 or more it is pretty usable.

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :)

rohde

rohde

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :)

*LOL* Subtelty is your game :)

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
LOL :)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :D

The demon site of to rr en ts show me at least 3 different seeds and the naval :) ship site shows me 4, an they are from 420MB to 3.6GB (the one with 16 different languages of Mac OS 9)

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
macgirl: I like YOUR subtlety too! :blink: I did find those but when I tried to DL them none worked. I believe their trackers have been shut down. I dunno.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
The thing about torrents that have no connection to a tracker is because they are using descentralized trackers/servers, fortunately azureus can handle it, it just need a plugin. See here http://azureus.sourc...in=azdhtscraper

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
You're incredible! Thanks! :censored2: I've always had problems with that. Maybe this will help. Thanks again.

osmthi

osmthi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Haha, thanks for the help, Escape and Macgirl. The site is down now, but I hope it's just a temporary thing. Luff to you both. <3

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Just to add this in, I just installed OSX 10.3.9 Panther last on my iMac G3 from the 2 Disc Install, and it works beautifully. Not the fastest but for only having 192MB ram, it's pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy