4Minds 10.5.4 AMD Combo Update

sar4iva

26 posts in this topic

We are pleasured to present the first official 4Minds Brazillian group release.

The 4Minds 10.5.4 AMD Combo Update updates installs of Leopard 10.5.x on AMD Systems to the latests version of system. the package is totally automatic, just double click the PKG and voila, install and restart.

Require Chameleon Bootloader or PC_EFI_V8, because the kernel [thanks to modbin] requires EFI to load correctly.

We recommend back up your extensions and kernel, with the command

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /Extensions_old

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_old

and if you experience problems with the new kernel, can use the commands below

cp -R /Extensions_old/System.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_1054

cp /mach_kernel_old /mach_kernel

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Thankz to modbin, for the kernel, 4Minds and HMBT team, and all OS X 86 Project

LINK NOT ALLOWED HERE.

Search "4Minds 10.5.4 AMD Combo Update" on Google using "I'm feeling lucky"

The 4Minds 10.5.4 AMD Combo Update updates installs of Leopard 10.5.x on AMD Systems to the latests version of system. the package is totally automatic, just double click the PKG and voila, install and restart.

Require Chameleon Bootloader or PC_EFI_V8, because the kernel [thanks to modbin] requires EFI to load correctly.

We recommend back up your extensions and kernel, with the command

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /Extensions_old

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_old

and if you experience problems with the new kernel, can use the commands below

cp -R /Extensions_old/System.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_1054

cp /mach_kernel_old /mach_kernel

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Thankz to modbin, for the kernel, 4Minds and HMBT team, and all OS X 86 Project

Help Seed My fellow Amd Users :P)

Installed it today on my Leo4All v3 10.5.2 and it crashed at 46%, downloaded it once more and it says something about corrupt files at about 46-48%. Had to reinstall my Leo twice today -.-

TROWSK do you have a md5 sum of the zip file?

I'm also downloading lawless right now.

A week ago i had a working 10.5.4 install with QE/CI and all stuff, but i have upgraded my machine, and now cant get it to work. Before upgrading i had Zephyrot's or Kalyway's 10.5.2 then applied 10.5.3 update an some time later 10.5.4. All worked fine but now it doesn't. With my new machine I can only get leo4All to boot properly -.-

I've used this update on top of Kalyway 10.5.2 install and it works fine. Although i had to work to get my AL882 Audio working again and my USB hot plug does not seem to be working.

AMD 4800+ X2 939

Asus AR8R-MVP DELUXE

WD320 HDD

ATI Radion 1900 XTX 512

AL882 Audio

post-55861-1217717692_thumb.png

Yeah... and that is a combo update, can apply it in any version of Leopard for AMD processors... helping those who already have the system installed and does not want to or not is to download a DVD complete.

This works fine...

Everything Mac. Everything 4Minds.

Saraiva

can you please post the md5sum of the zip file?

Hi x2PhaNToM... the md5sum of this zip is 617379518c8f852d4d147fc25c37ac2046b6287a

if you have problems again to install... boot with dvd and install the pkg from Terminal to the partition of the system...

bye

Hello,

Today I made the update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4, and notices that it did not show the information to me of the hardware in the section of Profile of the system.

As I correct this?

Of rest all this very well.

Thanks

Jorge Diaz

WD

Hello,

Today I made the update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4, and notices that it did not show the information to me of the hardware in the section of Profile of the system.

As I correct this?

Of rest all this very well.

Thanks

Jorge Diaz

WD

change the AppleSMBIOS.kext to version compatible with your hardware and it back to work...

bye

Thanks by reply.

now, of where I can download this extencions?, since have seen by several forums, must be equal to the version of the leopard that in this case are the 10.5.4, I have backups of all the extencions.

Jorge Diaz

Pd. Sorry for my english.

People, remeber backing up the extensions and putting back important ones, that changes versions, like Audio, SMBIOS, and other stuff. Remeber verifying the file with the MD5, if file is corrupted, redownload it!

Perfect update!

From Zepyroth 10.5.2 to 10.5.4

I only need to reinstall kext AppleSMBIOS.kext from my backup and use AppleHDAPatcher with the dump, to return audio.

Dell 1501

AMD 64 Athlon X2

1 GB RAM

120 HDD Hitatchi

ATI x200 (1150)

Sigmatel 9200

Dell 1390 wireless (bcm4311)

Thanks 4minds!!!

ThanX for such a good method to update. My problem is dat i've tried updating before using ASU from Zephyroth, but had horrible experience. i think my main problem is my video drivers. 10.5.4 runs gud as long as i don't reinstall my video drivers, if i install my video drivers my system freezes as soon as it gets past the login screen.

My Specs:-

AMD 4200+ X2

nForce chipset

STAC

ATI Sapphire X1650 Pro 512MB DDR2 (original modbin kexts, but modified by dionsyss for my device ID 0x071C1)

2GB Ram 667Mhz

Leo4all Version 3 (10.5.2)

Speedstep Kernel (9.2.0)

can any1 confirm if dis will work on my system?

ThanX for such a good method to update. My problem is dat i've tried updating before using ASU from Zephyroth, but had horrible experience. i think my main problem is my video drivers. 10.5.4 runs gud as long as i don't reinstall my video drivers, if i install my video drivers my system freezes as soon as it gets past the login screen.

My Specs:-

AMD 4200+ X2

nForce chipset

STAC

ATI Sapphire X1650 Pro 512MB DDR2 (original modbin kexts, but modified by dionsyss for my device ID 0x071C1)

2GB Ram 667Mhz

Leo4all Version 3 (10.5.2)

Speedstep Kernel (9.2.0)

can any1 confirm if dis will work on my system?

Yes... it works fine on your system. But if you have to test before it is better.

Saraiva

I tried to install this 10.5.4 update on my Zephyroth installation but at 34% my system crashed and now I can't use Leopard. All I get is the well-known screen saying that my computer needs to be restarted. However, I have kept the backups of mach_kernel and Extensions. Is there a way that I can save my system from Leopard commands or from my Ubuntu installation?

haha! yh, it didn't work for me either. tried to rectify the update through ubuntu cuz i couldn't even get into single user mode, but i couldn't get the permissions of my os x partition so failed ;).

Had to reinstall :D

anyone have any other way of getting to .3 or .4 on inspiron 1501 from .2??

This worked like a charm for me. I have only one problem. When I try to click the "About This Mac" to see my OS version, the GUI blinks out and restarts itself. It worked before this update. It is minor, but annoying. Is there a fix for that?

Edit: Nevermind. I searched and found that it was my AppleSMBIOS.kext file that needed to be changed. Now it is perfect!

• 1 month later...
Hi I am trying to download right now and am sitting at 80% there is no one seeding at all. Would really appreciate some help.

thank you in advance

I downloaded it last night, been seeding since. Installation went great, no issues at all. Well, PS2 keyboard / tracpad issues but that was fixed using a patcher here from the forums (PS2Fix1054)

Using the torrent from the bay and seeding for 5 more hours (been seeding since last night) and then I'm done.

• 4 weeks later...
Installed it today on my Leo4All v3 10.5.2 and it crashed at 46%, downloaded it once more and it says something about corrupt files at about 46-48%. Had to reinstall my Leo twice today -.-

TROWSK do you have a md5 sum of the zip file?

I had this problem when installing Leopard itself and by browsing and looking for solutions to this problem, I removed some ram from my system and it finally finished.. Later on when the system was up and running I found out that you can just use this tag during boot up:

maxmem=1024 -v

This will limit the memory to 1GB, I currently have 2GB and this time, when installing this update, I didnt have to physically remove ram from my system, but instead used the tag and worked 100%!!!

Good Luck :)