TruePianos on OSX86? - SOLVED

Dewdman42

27 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my boot.com.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v MemSpeed=800 MemType=DDR2 SerialNum=W55111APPL4</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Should that do it, or am I missing something?

I don't know if it matters, but I made my serial number 9 characters long, starting with "W5".

Make sure you delete /System/Library/Extensions.mkpg before you reboot in order for it all to work correctly. You'll know its working correctly when you're new serial number shows up under about this mac.

I run the iMac SMBIOS with no particular serial number:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: Dell DXP061

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 4.27 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B01

Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

And it runs fine!

To ask a "stoopid" ques, what is the use of this program!?

SticMAN

To ask a "stoopid" ques, what is the use of this program!?

I have a MIDI controller w/ 88 weighted keys, so with TruePianos it's just like having a real piano :( (Or at least close enough for being thousands cheaper...)

Anyways, I can't get my boot.com.plist to change the serial number in About this Mac, even when deleting that package and restarting...

Yes, here's my SMBIOS and System kexts in the Archive.zip

and

a picture to show, if I run my mouse over the keys it maxes at 9,2%!

SticMAN

ps must say I went to one of the guys that use it, site and it sound brilliant........no where is that k'ed generator!!??

SticMan, You're running True Pianos?

I don't know how it works for you with your vanilla SMBIOS. Does not work for many of us without changing the serial. You must have some AppleSMBIOS with netkas serial fix or something of this nature.

In any case, This AppleSMBIOS is what fixed it for me.

Yes, TruePianos is brilliant.

HDs:

320 GB SATA (Vista Ultimate 64 and XP 32)

500 GB SATA (Leopard)

750 GB SATA (Drum Samples)

500 GB SATA (Samples)

750 GB SATA (Music Collection)

200 GB USB (Downloads/etc)

500 GB IDE-USB (Time Machine/Backup)

320 GB USB (Movies - Drive is pretty fried, but works sometimes)

wtf.... I salute you.

It's the one i posted in my previous post, I think it came from Netkas, it's the one that makes the machine think it is an iMAC but for some reason as soon as you update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 or 10.5.5, it changes the Model to: Dell DXP061 by itself!?

SticMAN

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: Dell DXP061

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 4.27 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B01

Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

@ JustinAiken:

HOW??

@mercurySquad:

HDs:

250 GB SATA (MacOSX)7200rpm Mac drive

250 GB SATA (Spare)5200rpm

250 GB SATA (Retail_OSX)7200rpm Mac drive

500 GB SATA (Documents)

400 GB SATA/USB (Music Collection)

400 GB USB (Movies)

500 GB USB/FireWire (Anything for my eMac)

320 GB NAS (Documents, etc)

400 GB USB (MacOSX_Backup)

I don't know how it works for you with your vanilla SMBIOS. Does not work for many of us without changing the serial. You must have some AppleSMBIOS with netkas serial fix or something of this nature.

In any case, This AppleSMBIOS is what fixed it for me.

Yes, TruePianos is brilliant.

Yes, netkas serial fix, that is in some AppleSMBIOS that are floating around, will probably work. However, I prefer the one I posted because it gives me a unique hardware serial number and I want to avoid conflicts with other people during software authorization that use the hardware serial as part of a unique key for the machine.

But whatever works for you!

Dewd, you only mentioned it in your post, where is the link?!

S

Yes, netkas serial fix, that is in some AppleSMBIOS that are floating around, will probably work. However, I prefer the one I posted because it gives me a unique hardware serial number and I want to avoid conflicts with other people during software authorization that use the hardware serial as part of a unique key for the machine.

But whatever works for you!

wtf.... I salute you.

Why thank you :( Sample libraries for making music are huge... I need another, but I'm out of SATA ports..

@ JustinAiken:

HOW??

I repaired permissions in Disc Util, reinstalled the kext (just to be safe), and tweaked the com.boot.plist a little more... not sure which one it was, but it works now :)

Dewdman42,

I think you should edit the Post Title and add: (solved) to it? :(

@mercurySquad:

HDs:

250 GB SATA (MacOSX)7200rpm Mac drive

250 GB SATA (Spare)5200rpm

250 GB SATA (Retail_OSX)7200rpm Mac drive

500 GB SATA (Documents)

400 GB SATA/USB (Music Collection)

400 GB USB (Movies)

500 GB USB/FireWire (Anything for my eMac)

320 GB NAS (Documents, etc)

400 GB USB (MacOSX_Backup)

I forgot...

160 GB USB (for my HP)

80 GB SATA/USB ('cause it was cheap on e-bay)

80 GB USB/FireWire (same reason)

Why thank you :( Sample libraries for making music are huge... I need another, but I'm out of SATA ports..

I make music too, for the first 4 years I had a desktop with 20GB hdd, 256 MB RAM and 866 mhz pentium III :) (but with 4 soundcards in it - onboard for monitoring, cmedia for digital i/o, creative sblive for soundfont synth, yamaha XG for xg midi synth). I purchased the excellent Synergi GS soundfont (32 MB!) as my main instrument bank, combined with about 2 GB more of VSTi (e.g Fluid rIII 145 MB) and sf2/samples + the xg card was enough to produce several neat sounding tracks in a lot of genres. Then I switched to linux and it totally killed the creative process. Damn I need to start composing again.. I even have a better system now running leopard LOL.

That (now 7+ year old) desktop btw, is still going strong, serving wifi and a couple of hdd's with uptime 50 days (actually haven't rebooted since I took it out of the attic and set up BSD on it).

Cheers.

I gather the Beatles and Elvis was happy with the Quality?! :(

StiCMAN

I make music too, for the first 4 years I had a desktop with 20GB hdd, 256 MB RAM and 866 mhz pentium III :) (but with 4 soundcards in it - onboard for monitoring, cmedia for digital i/o, creative sblive for soundfont synth, yamaha XG for xg midi synth). I purchased the excellent Synergi GS soundfont, combined with about 2 GB more of VSTi and sf2/samples + the xg card was enough to produce several neat sounding tracks. Damn I need to start composing again.. I even have a better system now LOL.

Cheers.

I gather the Beatles and Elvis was happy with the Quality?! :hysterical:

StiCMAN

Sorry I stand by my work. It's not the tools that matter.

http://www.thesixtyone.com/pvaibhav/collection/

"Conditions for peace" and "Aajkal", for instance were done on that old desktop.

"Akele" was recorded on the laptop whose specs you see in my sig. €10 headset plugged into mic-in. Same with the fender strat - plugged straight into the laptop, no DI box or preamp.

My apologies IF I offended you!?

(it was meant as a joke!, like this old apple I have, that was used when Moses had to retype the 10 commandments!)

SticMAN

Sorry I stand by my work. It's not the tools that matter.

http://www.thesixtyone.com/pvaibhav/collection/

"Conditions for peace" and "Aajkal", for instance were done on that old desktop.

"Akele" was recorded on the laptop whose specs you see in my sig. €10 headset plugged into mic-in. Same with the fender strat - plugged straight into the laptop, no DI box or preamp.