HP & Compaq Laptop with x200 Southbridge Resource v.0.1a

limbohz

110 posts in this topic

Anyone figure out why the v2000 locks up when going from battery to ac power or vice versa? Running 10.4.4 with the powermanagement fix. I think it might be related to the display trying to dim the backlight. I'm also using insomnia buy the way, its a good work around so you can at least close your lid without locking up.

Ok, I thought this maybe a v2000 problem, so most laps are having a problem changing power source and locking up? We have to figure this one out, my battery life suks!!!

Fireshark, yes insomnia is a work around so you can close your lid and not lock up, but does not stop locking up the os when you unplug or plug your ac adaptor in. Have you got a fix?

By the way, I read some people where having problems with Safari crashing, I had this problem after my install, always seemed to happen while scolling a page. My fix was I realize it was always a page with flash banners, so I updated flash voilla solid as a rock now. Limbohz, please add this to the list for v2000 if your can confirm. Might just be a 10.4.4 bug.

For those of you who are interested, there has been a small group of people working for a while now on being able to get accelerated video (QE/CI) out of our Radeon x200's. While we have not yet figured out the solution there is hope we are getting closer. Please, we invite you to check it out and if you have any ideas to contribute please do. PLEASE keep in mind though that this is a technical discussion regarding a specific issue. This is not the place to ask questions about Callisto or other such projects that have already been answered many times over in many other different threads.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...083&hl=x200

Ok i can not figure this out and i'm so :) off... I have a Gateway MX7515 which contains a x200 Southbridge so i downloaded VMWare... The Guest Machine runs !!slower!! than a 286... The bios takes forever to show up and when it does you can see it writing each and every characters... Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I managed to install OSX86 and setup the some with a kext patch, but I can't for the life of me get the resolution to adjust from the default 1024x768. I've been Googling my brains out for the last two days. If you have a successfully crossed this bridge with a similar PC configuration, I'm begging you to please tell me what I'm missing.

Laptop:HP ZV6170:AMD 3800+:1GB Ram:256MB ATI 200M:100GB HDD

The Beav

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...