Safari 'Choose File' - Can I Run Automator or View My Iphoto's

southpawuk

5 posts in this topic

Hey-

When I'm on a website and click 'Choose File' for upload, Safari shows its file chooser.

When I've got this finder in columns view and I select Pictures - Iphoto Lib. It shows the package with more help. I can't right click and 'Show Package'

I'm basically trying to get to my Iphotos quickly.

I created an Automator Media Browser using the action 'Ask for Images'. I then saved it as a .app and dragged the .app to the sidebar on the finder. when I click this is displays a neat media browser when I can choose a pic and it closes.

Now when I click 'Choose File' in Safari I see my .app on the sidebar but when I click it, it doesnt run it just shows info about the .app. (if i double click it, Safari thinks I want to upload the .app to the website.)

How do I get safari to run the .app???

From what I've read people drag their iphoto's for uploading to the desktop and then delete them after uploading. As Iphoto is a first party app you'd think it would integrate nicely with Safari!

Mr Jobs, It's 'Not Just Working'

--Matt.

ok, I've checked on a friends Leopard install and on his finder he has 'Photos' on his sidebar which takes you to your iphoto library.

I'm running tiger 10.4.9 and just have the movies pictures and music 'folders'.

--Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

my 10.4.9 install is running Safari 2.0.1

I've read this thread about updating to safari 3 without the 10.4.11 upgrade. However I want to know if you get the Iphoto support when 'uploading files'. On my leopard install it shows my iphoto library under the photos tab on the side bar.

I can't believe Apple's solution to this is to drag or export your photos to your desktop, upload them then delete them! It's ridiculous! They clearly know its an issue cause you can access your iphoto library from the Safari 'Choose File' in Leopard so why wont they fix it for uses on Tiger versions!

I tried a little different approach to this (because I'm using Lightroom, not iPhoto). What I did is I made a Smart Folder that shows me JPEGs that were edited today. I did this exclusively to be able to quickly hunt down the images I've just finished with and upload them to my gallery. However, it appears that in Safari's upload box the folder shows up grey and that's the end of the story. Anyone have a workaround this?

After failing with the Smart Folder, I went to select the images to upload from the original folder and discovered that I couldn't sort the files by type in the upload box. This really annoys me since I had hundreds of CR2's there and just a few JPEGs that I now had to pick by hand. It certainly doesn't seem very "Mac'ish", so probably it's just me?

//basse