Leopard in virtualbox or vmware?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

first of all, thanks for read my post :)

i know what i ask it's nor easy, and a few people can do it, but i'm here to try anything to make it work :D

i have 2 PC, 1 celeron D 2.0GHZ and 1 gb of ram and a sempron 3000+ also with 1gb of ram.

i dont have another HD to install leopard and i dont want to risk my existing installation of ubuntu in the process, why the only reason what i have to install leopard it's why i want to try the iphone SDK and develop for it.

for that, i'm trying to install a image of leopard what i get in the net in virtualbox 1.6.2 with PAE enabled but when i try to but the iso i get this message:

pantallazo15yo5.th.png

any now how i can fix this to continue with the booting and the installation?

i have ubuntu and windows to test the installation of the virtual machine, and i can try with virtualbox or vmware if you want.

if you have any idea, post it and i try, no problem :D i really want to install it and i'm available to test anything.

again thanks for read this post and for all the help you can give me :D

Regards,

Shadow

I am pretty sure that VirtualBox won't run this currently. VMware Workstation 6.5 beta 2 will. However, your machine will struggle with only 1GB RAM. Also you don't say which version of Leopard you are using; for example iATKOS, JaS etc. Remember you will need one that has AMD enabled for the Sempron. I have written 2 articles in the forum on JaS and iATKOS installation on VMware, and there is another on Kalyway.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hi..

I am new to this stuff. I want to ran MAC OS snow leopard or leopard on my PC. I have vmware work station 7 trial version. I have DMG files of snow leopard(10.6.2)/leopard( 10.5.8) OS.My PC configuration are

hardware: intel pentium 4, 2.0 GHz

RAM : 1GB

So any one can guide me to successful installation of ant of the OS on my PC.

Thanks in advance.

hi..

I am new to this stuff. I want to ran MAC OS snow leopard or leopard on my PC. I have vmware work station 7 trial version. I have DMG files of snow leopard(10.6.2)/leopard( 10.5.8) OS.My PC configuration are

hardware: intel pentium 4, 2.0 GHz

RAM : 1GB

So any one can guide me to successful installation of ant of the OS on my PC.

Thanks in advance.

Very old thread this one. 2 posts below it is what you want to read http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=172474. However your machine is not going to be able to run it. You really need 3Gb RAM and a more modern processor with VT-x and 64-bit extensions such as Core 2.