usb problems

3 posts in this topic

my usb devices all stop working after so long and its really starting to annoy me. sorry if this topic has been covered before but i have searched the forums and i dont like posting for little stuff but my internet access keeps going and to reset the usb devices i am currently just resetting osx but is may be every 10 minutes or 30 minutes. just wondering if there is any help for me please. kindest regards to whoever can help :P

Hey, I am having similar problems. I am using a USB to Ethernet adapter and I am more than sure i have the right kext installed, but when I check the System Profile, it doesnt recognize my USB device as being plugged in. So I thought it might be an issue with the actual adapter driver, but now im thinking I just have USB issues. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it too.

Check out my system specs WhatTheHeck and see if we have a similar rig or something;

C2D E6600

MSI P6N SLI Platinum (sound working, ethernet not working)

BFG 8800 GTX (video card working)

Raptor 74gb X 2 Raid 0 (WinXP OS HDs)

Maxtor IDE 40GB (Mac OS X HD, found it laying around and used it)

WD 500 GB

Seagate 1 TB (just installed and working)

Windows XP Pro

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2

**** EDIT *****

I think I should also mention that I have my keyboard and mouse plugged in via USB and they are working as they should be, I dont know if this would discard my USB theory as to why my stuff is not working.

Hey WhatThe Heck... does any of your USB devices stay on for a while or do they all shut down after a while?