Apple Red theme release

281 posts in this topic

Nice!

Would it be possible for you to make a normal Aqua version (blue highlights instead of red)?

Looks cool, well done. :)

Agreed, wow this is excellent, I have to say its one of the best mods I've seen. But like Sabr, I would like a normal Aqua version with blue highlights, but keep the menu bar dark as it is. This would go so awesome with the HUD mods ;) Oh yeah and can you make the Apple icon in the menu the chrome apple? That would be sweet.

Ok - I made an Aqua/blue one:

bla-20080726-213431.jpg

Thanks to Pspfreak101 for his dark gradient png which I borrowed from his Red SArtFile. :)

Edit: You'll need to use Pspfreak101's Extras2.rsrc for the white text in the menubar. Forget to include it in the zip!

Apple_Blue.zip

Edit 2: Made a way cooler one, with modified bg gradient too:

waycooler-20080726-214520.jpg

Apple_Aqua.zip

Ok - I made an Aqua/blue one:

bla-20080726-213431.jpg

Thanks to Pspfreak101 for his dark gradient png which I borrowed from his Red SArtFile. :)

Edit: You'll need to use Pspfreak101's Extras2.rsrc for the white text in the menubar. Forget to include it in the zip!

Apple_Blue.zip

Edit 2: Made a way cooler one, with modified bg gradient too:

waycooler-20080726-214520.jpg

Apple_Aqua.zip

Whoa nice work! Can you make one with a chrome apple logo? Please? :(

Thanks

Nice I'm glade to see that I have inspired some to make their own. I can make a tutorial if you guys need one it is rather easy to do.

Yeah - I figured it out from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103567

The one thing that is annoying me is that we're going to have to invert the menubar icons (such as the volume or Time Machine icon)... :)

Whoa nice work! Can you make one with a chrome apple logo? Please? :blink:

Thanks

Chrome? Can you give me an image of the Chrome Apple?

Edit: Do you mean this?

About_This_Mac-20080726-230515.jpg

This heres some info on which is which

SArtFile.bin

-------------------------------------------

- 61.png → Apple Menu Unselected

- 62.png → Apple Menu Selected

- 89.png → Menu Bar Selected Aqua

- 90.png → Menu Bar Selected Graphite

- 100.png → Regular Menu Selected Aqua

- 101.png → Regular Menu Selected Graphite

- 102.png → Menu Bar Gradient

- 103.png → Spotlight Gradient Aqua

- 104.png → Spotlight Gradient Graphite

Extras2.rsrc

-----------------------

Index 31 is menu text color

Index 33 is menu selection text or 34

I'm still trying to find the time color its really bugging me

i just applied the "apple_blue"

then i came back and i read what you said about inverting menu icons.. i google that but i don't come up with anything? can you tell me how to do that?

i just applied the "apple_blue"

then i came back and i read what you said about inverting menu icons.. i google that but i don't come up with anything? can you tell me how to do that?

I'm not currently 100% sure where these icons are stored. There are volume pdf files which look like they may be for the menubar icons, but I have yet to fiddle with them. Look up in my other post, I included a link to a topic which tells you how to decode/encode the SArtFile.bin.

Yeah you using something different?

Nope - but I can't figure out where you found those indexes... :trumpet:

I'm not currently 100% sure where these icons are stored. There are volume pdf files which look like they may be for the menubar icons, but I have yet to fiddle with them. Look up in my other post, I included a link to a topic which tells you how to decode/encode the SArtFile.bin.

cool thanks.. i found them in:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras

then show package contents :trumpet:

clr# -> 384 -> then count the squares ;)

Ah ok, thanks. How did you figure out what that index referred to? Trial and error?

cool thanks.. i found them in:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras

then show package contents ;)

Excellent - if you make a set of inverted icons, make sure the upload them here. :trumpet:

Yeah, that :) Thanks!

Apple_Chrome.zip

picture1od7.png

So far I did these menu bar icons shown in the screenie:

Spaces

Volume

ScriptMenu

HomeSync

Eject

Fax

Keychain

Displays

User

Time Machine (not completely as you can see. I guess there are some files elsewhere, I looked in the time machine app as well but didn't see anymore to edit. so maybe somebody can help with that.)

I'm not sure about the time, date, and spotlight :/ I assume the settings for these are stored somewhere else?

To change them you'll have to go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and then show package contents for each menu item... Navigate to the resources folder and replace the pdf there.

MenuIconsPt1.zip