TSC sync XNU patch

Kassi

212 posts in this topic

Considering the new kernel source code is now up, is there any chance we can see the TSU Sync pateced version soon?

Regards

can you provide the link here quinn? thanks

can't wait to get my fingers on the patched kernel. I can't find the old instructions on how to patch it myself anymore....

everything working except cpus=2

can you provide the link here quinn? thanks

can't wait to get my fingers on the patched kernel. I can't find the old instructions on how to patch it myself anymore....

everything working except cpus=2

http://www.opensource.apple.com/tarballs/x...456.1.26.tar.gz

theres a direct download to the file

heres the source repo

Hope it helps http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/

Regards

Patrick

I'm Surprised this thread is so quiet... :( figured tons of ppl needed this mostly us dell users who are stuck at 1 core id love to see snow working its fullest so i can start converting movies again for my iphone takes forever with only one core..

if i found instructions id be happy to try but im a total noob to kernel stuff all i know is the patch is still the same just what offsets dose it need now?

Unfortunately it's not that simple.. the new kernel has changed startup code and locking mechanisms.. So currently, even after manually applying this patch and making it compile correctly, when the ASM runs and locks the cpu, it hangs.. So something else probably already has the lock.. or gcc 4.2 is possibly doing something bad to the inline asm..

Unfortunately it's not that simple.. the new kernel has changed startup code and locking mechanisms.. So currently, even after manually applying this patch and making it compile correctly, when the ASM runs and locks the cpu, it hangs.. So something else probably already has the lock.. or gcc 4.2 is possibly doing something bad to the inline asm..

Why not use GCC 4.4? Why arnt you using that in the first place?? im gunna give this a crack tonite! can some of the other devs confirm this problem?

Why not use GCC 4.4? Why arnt you using that in the first place?? im gunna give this a crack tonite! can some of the other devs confirm this problem?

you can trust cosmo. he is probably THE one who knows how to do it. I know for a fact that somebody else is trying at the moment and has problems compiling it without errors. Go for it if you know what you are doing. I tried to read some of it and it was way above my head.

Appreciate your work immensely, unfortunately it's still stuttering for me on an E1705 :wacko:

same here, i'm finishing up an reinstall will see if my results or different

where do i get a 32bit one? i cant use the one from leo can i?

havent looked for one, possibly give it a shot

Appreciate your work immensely, unfortunately it's still stuttering for me on an E1705 :)

Hey download the kext with firefox, i know my version of safari wasnt extracting the tar correctly. Use stuffit or something. Installed to S/L/E of a fresh install and all is working perfectly fine. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...