TSC sync XNU patch

Kassi

212 posts in this topic

It suggests that the kernel flag -notsc may actually force the cpu to use pmtimer instead of tsc.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99891

If anyone could confirm that this will resolve the problem mentionned in my last post, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers :blink:

Sorry to play spoilsport but .. there is no such bootflag (notsc). The thread you linked above is incorrect for a LOT of flags - there are no flags which "might" work, we've got the entire source so there is no uncertainty. Now if one of the other patched kernels support it, thats another issue. But neither vanilla nor any of the voodoo kernels have this flag - tsc is the only way to keep time.

(Also, while my D520 may be a pretty obscure system ... Besides, mines still crippled cause SpeedStep never worked, nor does sleep where a lot of the D5/600 users managed to get both working.)

Upgrade to voodoo alpha kernel and the speedstep kext (links to both in my sig). I have D510, speedstep + sleep works flawlessly.

Sorry to play spoilsport but .. there is no such bootflag (notsc). The thread you linked above is incorrect for a LOT of flags - there are no flags which "might" work, we've got the entire source so there is no uncertainty. Now if one of the other patched kernels support it, thats another issue. But neither vanilla nor any of the voodoo kernels have this flag - tsc is the only way to keep time.

Upgrade to voodoo alpha kernel and the speedstep kext (links to both in my sig). I have D510, speedstep + sleep works flawlessly.

Does the Voodoo kernel use the TSC sync patch? If so I will try it out.

I've got a Dell D430 running with both cores thanks to this patch but I've got no sleep support. I'm about to test out the SpeedStep kext from your signature now.

EDIT: I installed the voodoo_alpha13 kernel and it turns out that I can boot it without problem. How ever.. the sleep still doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? Do I need some special AppleSMBBios?

Thanks OUI!!! (and everyone involved on this fix)

I just replaced my kernel with the patched kernel (9.2), added the flag to the Boot file and voilà, got both cores running on my Dell 640m Core2Duo T7200, the problem is that they seem to be running at 1Ghz instead of 2Ghz, any advise?

Thanks again.

Thanks OUI!!! (and everyone involved on this fix)

I just replaced my kernel with the patched kernel (9.2), added the flag to the Boot file and voilà, got both cores running on my Dell 640m Core2Duo T7200, the problem is that they seem to be running at 1Ghz instead of 2Ghz, any advise?

Thanks again.

I fixed the 1Ghz issue, reinstalled from Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD and selected the SpeedStep kerne, the patched after install, everything is so smooth now!

With Pacifist you can install any kext or file from an update/package without having to install the rest, for example, to update my iatkos 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 I downloaded the 10.5.4 combo update from apple downloads, then i open it with pacifist and select to install all the files except for the extensions and mach_kernel and other harmful files for my installation.

So from the convenient combo update you can extract and install the single System.kext you need.

I think you need the 10.5.2 version of System.kext for 9.2.0.

Hope this helps.

Dumb question. Does this not work with the 10.5.5 update???

ok now I'm installing using Kalyway's 10.5.2 and I want to update it to either 10.5.4 or 10.5.5, and I know how to do this. What I don't know is do I install the kernel patch before, or after I update, and which kernel patch would I need?

Hey guys..this is amaziiiiiiing!! Thanks to all of you who made this possible!! B)

Well I do have on little problem...I have Inspiron 6400/e1505 with gma950 and have Leopard 10.5.2 installed with the

KERNEL_9.2_SPEEDSTEP

selected as my kernel in the kalyway 10.5.2 DVD setup...I checked my kernel in terminal and it says it IS 9.2.0

The problem is, if I try to change my mach_kernel with the 9.2 from the beginning of this topic, my computer won't boot at all...

I do know how to swap kexts and repair permissions so there must be something else...

PLEASE help me, because everything else works brilliant...

Many thanks in advance for all your answers, cheers

EDIT: I finally made it - this time the 9.2.0 kernel worked so I have 2 coreeees yeah:) Thank you guys for this really! All best..

thanks a lot, i installed XNU kernels on AMD X3 asus m2n mx SE with iDeneb, with vanilla kernels. after installation all the 3 cores are recognized now. :censored2:

only problem ( a big one) is now no USB is recognised.>>.

all the help is welcome and thanked.

I did, and still nothing. I can get the computer to wake back up, although most times with no LCD display. And on the off chance I get the LCD display to wake, its already kernel panicked. Even when using an external display, it kernel panicks.

I guess speedstep already works. If I start the computer without the AC adaptor plugged in, About this Mac shows it as a 1Ghz Core 2 Duo, where if I start with the AC adaptor plugged in, it shows up as a 1.8Ghz Core 2 Duo.

hey all i've been reading this topic all night and i can't seem to get this right. i'm trying to get the boot.phlist to have the tsc patch. and i'm about to use 0sx86tools to replace my 9.4. i have a e1705 with kalyway 10.5.4. big noob here considering i've been a windows user the last 8 years. any help would be much appreciated. msg me or reply here. i'll be waiting.

EDIT: all is well. 10.5.4 works flawlessly. used sonotone's post installer to help me out. much thanks goes out to cosmo, kassi, and oui.

Ok.. I know I'm a little late to the party, but....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :D

I now have BOTH cores working on my Dell XPS M1210.

Now if I could JUST do something with this damn resolution... :D

(Back to reading!)

Woofus!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Duddie,

I have an Acer laptop as well and I am enable to boot with both cores.

For some reason I never had a problem loading AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext even with a Vanilla kernel. This allows me to boot without idlehalt=0 or cpus=1.

Does this work on the Dell Latitude D820? So I need to grab one of these Kernels and the PAtch Correct?

TOpic is not 100% clear. It has different Rapid Share Links and I can only assume they are different Kernels but no Description of what Kernel for which OSX Version?

So I have to grab all of them and cannot get more than 3 of them at a time because it sais I am over my limit.

Can someone post what version for what OS version each kernel is please? Example OSX 10.5.3 use Kernel_mach Etc Etc.

Thanks

Edited a few minutes later:

SOrry for the confusion I do see the version umber to the left of the RapidShare Links. It would have been nice to put part of that Version number in the file name because some of them are the same name. Its too confusing. I have to figure out which is for which now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I am a complete nub at this, and I really don't know what I am doing. I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk, then used the combined patch to update to 10.5.5, using the pre-update and post-update Bike Town, but I wasn't able to customize, wasn't sure what I was doing. I was actually fairly surprised when osx actually worked when I restarted. Anyway, I am pretty sure I need to use the 9.5 kernel, but I have no idea how to use it. I unpacked it and then ran it, but the terminal reported that it stopped.

Remember I have no idea what I am doing, so please be very specific.

I don't have cores = 1, because I don't know how to do that. It works okay without it, but I get a LOT of stutter, and I really want to fix that. I would like to just apply the patch if that is possible, so I can keep my kernel, and not use the vanilla kernel. Also, anyone know how to I apply kexts. Hate, to sound like a nub, but ya, Thanks for your help guys!

My Specs:

Dell Inspiron E1405

Core Duo T2400 1.86ghz

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Ram 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM @533 MHz

Unfortunately I have the Intel PROSet/Wireless card :(

Windows XP Pro and OS X 10.5.5 dual boot

Hi! hello to everyone.

i'm new to the scene "hackintosh" so can anyone explain me how to upgrade or install the new patch for dual core processors in a toshiba L40.

And also i couldn't install the ideneb v1.3 correctly in my laptop. i tried with a dedicated hdd insed the laptop, not usb, tried with a full partition in the hdd formated by mac and it still frozens after the mac's logo apears in the screens and always tells me to reboot the pc.

can anyone help me please?

thank you very much

best regards,

Apok

Tried to patch it, but there is some changes onto Xnu sources, and the diff fails patching.

I'm not an expert, so i don't now what to do. Maybe patching old mp.c and to try to compile like that with latest xnu, but i think it will not works.

Let's right persons take care about that.

But after updating, you can run with voodoo.kernel + 10.5.5 system.kext/seatbelt.kext

Bump. 9.6 up (NO SUPPORT/GUARANTEE from me)

hi cannot download 9.60 kernel rapidshare tells me cannot download anymore as been downloaded ten times author needs to move file to his account or upload file again......

Yeah, babe! Tnx to all! Now I have both cores running on my D620! My CPU is T7200. I started with Kalyway 10.5.1 install and then updated it with Kalyway combo update 10.5.2. At first I didn't understand how to apply this patch.. and it looks like I'm not the only one. But it's easy - you don't have tu patch somethink by yourself, just install patched one of the patched kernels listed in the first post of this topic. How to do this? I used OSX86tools - at first backup your existing kernel and then install the new one. Reboot, enable Dual core in BIOS settings, add "-tscsync -v" as arguments at the boot time and wooolaa - you have D620 Latitude with dual core support and everything goes fine now. If you have any questions - feel free tu contact me via skype, my username is "edgars.sulcs".