TSC sync XNU patch

Kassi

212 posts in this topic

Hi again!

I tried to update system.kext to 10.5.4 and the 9.4 kernel but the same happened (instant reboot after darwin bootloader).

Now I have the 10.5.4 system.kext with my old working ToH kernel 9.2.0 restored.

So I have only left to try to patch the ToH kernel, but don´t know how to apply it.

Can someone help me with this?

Edit: I tried -tscsync -v arguments in darwin bootloader but does the same. I think the problem is that vanilla kernels dont work for my dell 9400.

.. I have a 9400, vanilla works fine. make sure you have EFI installed, but this is not a place for that discussion.. (use chameleon)

.. I have a 9400, vanilla works fine. make sure you have EFI installed, but this is not a place for that discussion.. (use chameleon)

I have Darwin x86 boot for mbr.

Can´t patch a non-vanilla kernel for those who don´t have EFI installed?

I have the fear that if i install a EFI bootloader i get problems with some kexts and files or even the dual boot with XP.

I think i will give chameleon a try, but i want to be sure if things go wrong i can reinstall darwin x86 without problems.

thanks for your reply

I have Darwin x86 boot for mbr.

Can´t patch a non-vanilla kernel for those who don´t have EFI installed?

I have the fear that if i install a EFI bootloader i get problems with some kexts and files.

I think i will give chameleon a try, but i want to be sure if things go wrong i can reinstall darwin x86 without problems.

thanks for your reply

I have ur same laptop. and i replace Vanilla Kernel(From kalyway 10.5.3 combo update), with 9.4.0 patched vanilla kernel from here. 0 troubles, flawessly!

pd: I use chameleon.

extract it with pacifist from a downloaded update.

Can you explain more please, I don't understand what I can do with Pacifist ??

I juste want to update System.kext to be compatible with 9.2.0 because my vanilla kernel is in 9.2.2 !!

Thanks

Hope this will help a bit:

You have to find the Leopard 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update wither on rapidshare or torrent.

Follow the instructions and isntall the combo update and don't restart and install the updated kernels.

Don't restart yet. Down the tscsync kernel 9.3. Extract the mach_kernel onto your desktop.

Open the terminal and goto the root directory "cd /".

backup your kernel

"sudo mv mach_kernel mach_kernel.old"

"sudo mv ~/Desktop/mach_kernel ./mach_kernel"

"sudo chmod 755 mach_kernel"

"sudo chmod root:wheel mach_kernel"

You need to add a kernel command -tscsync into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-tscsync</string>

Restart the system and when it comes to the darwin boot, press F8 and type in "update -v" without quotes.

It will reboot after it is done. This time around let it boot into mac osx and you should be done.

Can you explain more please, I don't understand what I can do with Pacifist ??

I juste want to update System.kext to be compatible with 9.2.0 because my vanilla kernel is in 9.2.2 !!

Thanks

With Pacifist you can install any kext or file from an update/package without having to install the rest, for example, to update my iatkos 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 I downloaded the 10.5.4 combo update from apple downloads, then i open it with pacifist and select to install all the files except for the extensions and mach_kernel and other harmful files for my installation.

So from the convenient combo update you can extract and install the single System.kext you need.

I think you need the 10.5.2 version of System.kext for 9.2.0.

Hope this helps.

With Pacifist you can install any kext or file from an update/package without having to install the rest, for example, to update my iatkos 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 I downloaded the 10.5.4 combo update from apple downloads, then i open it with pacifist and select to install all the files except for the extensions and mach_kernel and other harmful files for my installation.

So from the convenient combo update you can extract and install the single System.kext you need.

I think you need the 10.5.2 version of System.kext for 9.2.0.

Hope this helps.

You're help is welcome and very good, I understand better now !!

I download macosx combo update 10.5.2 and after I search file who install system.kext :)

I had Two HDD for OSx, first for test and second for using.

I try to update one with system.kext and I update second with 5.3 combo update while using your solution with pacifist and after I change my kernel with 9.3 patched kernel.

I hold you informed !!

EDIT : After downloaded 10.5.2 combo update on Apple WebSite, I change my kernel with patched kernel.

I recover System.kext with pacifist, and install it with Kexthelper. I repair permission and reboot !!

Now my system works fine :D, I'am very Happy !!

Thank you very much for your help :)

ok, maybe i'm a noob, but could someone help me?

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell E1505. How do I "apply" this patch? Do I need to download one of the kernels listed in the beginning of this thread? If so what one, and are there instructions on how to do it?

This is the first time I've ever been able to boot to the OS on my dell and really the first time ever using a Mac OS so I am kinda Mac dumb

Thanks

~Fletch

To install patched kernel,

- first download good version, and install it with OsX86tools !!

- Second be carreful on your kernel version, patched kernel use 9.2.0 and if you install kalyway 10.5.2, with vanilla kernel you are in 9.2.2.

Don't forget to update System.kext only if your kernel version is diferent !! I resolved the same problem today

read my post :P

Enjoy 

uh, could you post more information and your error log, because i don't have any acer hardware, and i wouldn't know what would make it different on a motherboard, this is cpu specific.. unless maybe bad bios implementations..

Hi cosmo1t,

The problem is with some of Acer Aspire notebooks. After trying compiled kernels with tscsync patch the kernel stops in exactly same place that it was stopping before tscsync patch. Of course with cpus=1 everything is fine... :o

The only difference with tscsync patch is that there is one line more printted:

[TSC] delta: 194, skipping synchornization. (CPU1)

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Before was stopping in the same place.

If you can give some debug version that will print a lot of information, I can run million times for you :D

Thanks in advance!

One thing more:

When I boot with "cpus=1" then SystemProfiler shows:

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

This "Number Of Processors" might be the reason.

Wow! This is really great news. Though I just bought an Imac I'm trying to install apple tv on my old inspiron 6400. So far so good, media is flowing through the air in my house but having the second core enabled should speed things up.

I've attempted to patch the Tiger kernel with your patch. But it failed on all 5 "hunk's"

Is it possible to patch the tiger kernel with this patch.

And if not, can I boldly ask you to create one for the tiger kernel?

Again, many thanks for your great work!

Regards,

Dvdp2

Wow, I was out of the OSx86 scene for a bit (bought a MBP) but this piqued my interest. Broke out my old E1705 that I have been posting on Craigslist for the better part of three months, threw iATKOS 4i on it, and put on this kernel. Both cores are recognized and it seems to be working great!

Thanks for doing this, it really got me re-interested in OSx86.

Well I hate to sound like a noob but I have some questions about this and I am hoping that someone might have some suggestions. I have an E1705 and I have installed the iATKOS 10.5.4 using the Darwin Kernel 9.4.0.

I downloaded the correct replacement kernel version and I downloaded the patch file. I replaced my kernel and added the flag in the Boot.plist. I repaired the permissions. When I rebooted and went to the system profiler it shows 2 cores but my system is very unstable. Applications are constantly crashing and after a few minutes the machine will lock-up.

What am I supposed to do with the tscsync.patch file? I have seen a couple other people ask about this and I am also unclear.

If I have missed a step or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 9400... I install iAtkos V4 (10.5.4), boot it all up, run chameleon installer, reboot, run OSX86 Tools, back-up my current Kernel. I then press install new kernel (or something like that), it tells me that I have the 9.4 Vanilla Kernel, so I replace it with the 9.4 kernal you told me. I then reboot. I boot with '-tscsync', it looks like it starts to work, then it restarts... Could you please tell me what have I missed out??

Thanks to everybody for helping so far!! I can't wait!!

EDIT: Also, would it be possible for a pkg to be put together eventually and be added onto the Dell post install app??

Some people and even myself are reporting that in system profile it shows at times half of the frequencies .

I think is the modded kernel because when I reinstall normal I get normal cpu speed.

Here is post from other users like myself

Does anyone experience the same problem??????

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=857776

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 under a Dell Inspiron 6400

Core duo T2080 1.73GHz

Intel GMA 950

512 MB RAM DDR667 MHz

Toshiba 120Go HDD

I had no problem with my current installation, only forced to boot with the cpu=1 flag, and I learned about this post.

I tried to install 9.2 kernel but i'm unable to boot with -tscsync flag, so do i for 9.3 with matchin' System.kext

when it shows the apple screen, pfiuuu reboot

With -v flag in addition, some line appear but reboot is too fast for me to see anything

-x do nothing, only cpu=1 allow me to boot

Please help, I wait so long for this patch, and people with 6400 had already succeded :D

• 2 weeks later...

Worked here for me on a Dell Laititude D520 running Leo4Allv3 kernel 9.2. Thanks OUI!!!

I only have one question....

I'm currently staying at 10.5.2, just because I'm scared if I update through Apple Software Update, it'll break the patch. Is this true? Please say it isnt, or that its as easy as booting the kismus hackintosh tools DVD and replacing the kernel again.