x200 Chipset Driver Pack

23 posts in this topic

Hey, after installing OSX86 several times onto my Toshiba L35 with the x200 Chipset, I decided that I should make a driverpack, so that everything you need is in one area. Here is what it looks like:

Picture1-1.png

There is a official site that i have set up that has the download and the bug tracker.

Please, post all bugs in the bug tracker.

You can find the site here: x200 Driver Pack Website

You can find the Bug Tracker here: x200 Driver Pack Bug Tracker

This is currently only version 1, I am going to continue working on it, please tell me of any feature requrests or utilities that you would like to see added. If I have something of yours and a credit is not in the readme, I'm sorry, PM me and I will add your credit.

For anyone wanting to look at the images and stuff for the release, if you click in the lower right, a folder called other is there, open it and it has all of the images.

Thanks,

David Leonard.

Hi...

It would be great "working" copy of SB400 sound card.

Tried almost every version on the net. but still cannot find the right driver.

I have a volume icon on the tasbar, i can move the slider. but, no sound coming out on all port.

dev id is 4370 1002

@vbetts, currently yes, because that is the only x200 Chipset I own, with version 2 I will be adding drivers as I find that they work with the x200 chipset

@Espionage724, no, I would love to work on the QE/CI Driver for it, but do to the fact that I dont know how to code mac drivers/kexts, I am unfortunately unable to provide that, if I can learn, I will make a driver, but as it currently stands, no QE/CI until somebody decides to make the driver.

David Leonard:

Still no go. same problem.

Anyway, when i installed the video, it detects my video card. but it report only 16meg. i have 128 shared memory on my video

That is expected. This is just a backdoor approach to at least get Multiple Resolutions, no QE/CI

What is the Exact Problem with the Audio?

David Leonard:

I have a volume icon on the taskbar, i can move the slider. but, no sound coming out on all port.

Mic, Line In not working. HeadPhone, Line Out or even Internal speaker of the laptop are not working.

Tried all "ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort" from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=10903

but still no go.

Id like to thank you for having an interest regarding my issues. :)

Question my good friend, I have had to every single time I installed a audio driver go into System Prefrences, Go to Sound, Output, Select your default output, and there should be a slider at the bottom, slide it all the way to the right, and see if that gets you sound. For some reason it seems that (for me at least) it actually starts activating sounds, after installing audio drivers, I get 0 sound, until I go and do that, try that and see what it does.

thats really good to see this ;):rolleyes::D ... but i have the same issue that befor with the audio chipset ... cuz i have glitch with the sound ... or as well i can say ... after playing sound for a while the sound start weird is like getting freeze :wallbash: i have to restart any program like vlc, itunes, or videos from firefox ... to work normally again.

anyways i would like to describe more my issue if some of u can help me that --- it would be reallly thankfully

btw sorry my english .... lol

thats really good to see this :D:wacko::D ... but i have the same issue that befor with the audio chipset ... cuz i have glitch with the sound ... or as well i can say ... after playing sound for a while the sound start weird is like getting freeze ;) i have to restart any program like vlc, itunes, or videos from firefox ... to work normally again.

anyways i would like to describe more my issue if some of u can help me that --- it would be reallly thankfully

btw sorry my english .... lol

Could I have your Device and Vendor IDs?

David Leonard,

Hi again. been busy yesterday. :trumpet:

Still got no sound.

Thanks for the effort ;)

I think il have to stick with my USB sound attached to my laptop for a while, until i find the solution.

David Leonard, I been out .

I think it is 1002 4370.. ATI IXP .. i would like to know how can i describe better the error that it is giving me ... when it is starting it say bad 6 channel.

i have audio but still have that glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi. Excellent work. Has anyone had any issues and successes with USB issues like no working USB devices, or problems with the machine freezing when unplugging and plugging the power cord in?

about the freezin problem ... just delete power source.kext inside AppleACPIFamily.kext

• 1 month later...
David Leonard,

Hi again. been busy yesterday. :)

Still got no sound.

Thanks for the effort :)

I think il have to stick with my USB sound attached to my laptop for a while, until i find the solution.

About sound look here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=93011&st=0

About QE/CI there are no any solution yet. Look for the news here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=160

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant boot leopard on my mitac =/

it got ATI SB450 chipset i think or like it, uhm and its not PATA, its SATA =/ therefore i need drivers -.- i can install but when i reboot after i installed everything it stops at booting =/ "waiting on root device" or something -.-

Help plz!!