LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

246 posts in this topic

10.5.4 Install for Phenoms & AMD is out there you just need to look for it.

this is a full install not an update

LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

This image is a remixed Zephyroth 10.5.2 rev2 release.

If this DVD does not boot on your system then its not meant to be installed on your system!!!

Changes to Zephyroth release are as follows.

*** Chameleon bootloader Ver 1.0.11 (used for DVD booting & installed on drive by default.)

*** Modbin 9.4.0 Kernel SSE3 (installed by default)

*** Alc888 (audio) 3 port, 6 ports + Digital (Fixed)

*** NTFS-3G latest version (solves slow shutdowns)

*** ATI SB600 Issue (solves still waiting for root device when trying to install)

*** ATI HD-3650 Support (QE/CI Enabled) No white menus!!!)

The reason for installing chameleon and kernel automatically is because too many people are posting in forums about drives not booting after install (not marked as active) chameleon solves theses problem. The kernel on auto is because I can confirm this works with Phenom and is the latest it also comes with the correct system.kext which seems to be a common problem

CPU Support

In theory this should work on all AMD SSE3 systems Phenom, Athlon X2 etc

If after install you can not boot from hardrive try -v -f switches at the Chameleon (Darwin) Bootlader screen.

If you get strange graphics on boot you should boot in safe mode (-x switch at Bootloader screen) then install best drivers from within the OS for your graphics chips/card.

All thanks should be given to all those that have done the real work before I got my hands on it.

Zephyroth (For fine releases for AMD)

Zef (for producing Chameleon Bootloader) helping and his patience)

Kabl (For CPU Support In Chameleon)

Shadow3K (the reason I was able to install OSX on phenom in the first place)

Also the authors of all the drivers in this release with out them it just wouldnt be as much fun or possible.

Now the warning. If your machine blows up, you loose all drive data, your CPU melts or your wife leaves you!!!!!

I am not responsible. All risks on installation are taken by you and you are responsible for installing it (you made that choice).

P.S. for dual boot systems (single drive) I would recommend installing OSX first then your other choice it should work the other way round but this would be the safest method.

Please post your results at http://forum.infinitemac.com/discussions/ in the right thread

If for any reason there is no thread one will soon be generated even if it just to redirect you

Try the last word in this post

L8rs

LawlessPPC

I love you. ;)

Any word on if 64-bit mode works on the Phenoms and/or SSE4? (I doubt SSE4 since AMD's is different than Intel's, but you never know)

you have to use a switch at boot screen to use 64bit I havent tested it. As as far as i'm aware its intel only. i think the switch is -64bit not sure but this is down to the kernel.

Thanx

LawlessPPC

does it work with notebooks too? i have an toshiba satellite a210

amd turion64x 2,0ghz

sata harddrive

scsi dvd drive

ati sb600 southbridge

amd rs690c northbridge

ati hd 2600 512

all installations for now stucked at some sigsev 0 errors or with leopard at ioapic and later at still waiting for root device

ok it doesnt work, this are the last lines i get:

ath_attach: devid 0x13

unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

start [/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-235.9.3/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:480] loaded unsuccessfully

Ntfs stuff loading my ntfs partitions

so i cant get it even booting the dvd, but it got very far, will try continuing with the very few bios options i have ^^

edit: ok before i get one

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x5623cc0

and therefor some msdn sandbox init error, but this doesnt seem to be the error why it doesnt continue

edit 2:

ok the ath_attach errors seem to be because of the atheros driver, thats the only thing i found connecting to this error. it doesnt seem to be the error why the booting doesnt continue.

any help is appreciated

ok it doesnt work, this are the last lines i get:

so i cant get it even booting the dvd, but it got very far, will try continuing with the very few bios options i have ^^

edit: ok before i get one

and therefor some msdn sandbox init error, but this doesnt seem to be the error why it doesnt continue

edit 2:

ok the ath_attach errors seem to be because of the atheros driver, thats the only thing i found connecting to this error. it doesnt seem to be the error why the booting doesnt continue.

any help is appreciated

try booting with -x switch if that doesnt work try disabling as much of your hardware as possible in the bios first.

Let me know if this helps

Thanx

LawlessPPC

ok have installed now, but now i get some graphic glitches after boot and it boots like 15 minutes

any idea? deleting ati graphic kext? if yes, howto?

i think i know what the error is so you will have to reinstall the graphics driver for your system. Go and get a fresh installer for it dont use the 1 of the dvd.

Let me know

L8rs

LawlessPPC

ok got it, even after formating and not installing ati driver there were a lot installed.

so i had to boot in safe mode and delete everything with ati in the extensions folder, now it boots normally, but still painfully slow

ps2 doesnt work, ethern and wireless neither, but at least i can use my usb mouse and burn cd´s via another computer and then fix my problems

will start this know, will tell you if everything works fine then

ok got it, even after formating and not installing ati driver there were a lot installed.

so i had to boot in safe mode and delete everything with ati in the extensions folder, now it boots normally, but still painfully slow

ps2 doesnt work, ethern and wireless neither, but at least i can use my usb mouse and burn cd´s via another computer and then fix my problems

will start this know, will tell you if everything works fine then

in 10.5.4 apple updated the ATI drivers the problem is these dont function correctly with our setup the only installer I made was the HD3650 i had to allow it to downgrade / replace anything it came across. So I am guess this will effect all other ati drivers and I guess they dont have the downgrade option during install (all unseen to user)

you may need to add the kext manually with kext helper or use pacifist this will allow you to force install properly

yeah i just found most of the drivers, but i dont get my notebook keyboard working.

my girlfriend is just looking at her home for an usb keyboard =)

i cant type the password ^^ thats very annoying

well, the only problem with drivers seems to be my hd 2600 mobility which is only working with external lcd. well i have 22" samsung but thats not very mobile :)

if all my stuff works fine, do you mind if i can edit your dvd and rerelease it for all the notebook users or making an ppf?

greetings

yeah i just found most of the drivers, but i dont get my notebook keyboard working.

my girlfriend is just looking at her home for an usb keyboard =)

i cant type the password ^^ thats very annoying

well, the only problem with drivers seems to be my hd 2600 mobility which is only working with external lcd. well i have 22" samsung but thats not very mobile :P

if all my stuff works fine, do you mind if i can edit your dvd and rerelease it for all the notebook users or making an ppf?

greetings

if you get this working i would prefer you to send me the changes then I can include in the next release As i say its only a beta

I am doing a total rebuild for next release. The current one was an edited version of Zephyroths. I wasnt going to release but there seemed to be that much need for it I did as a beta. Now I have a far greater understanding of what needs doing I beleive I can do it from scratch.

Thanx

LawlessPPC

Zepyroth version works pretty great for me, downloading this now and going to install tomorrow to see if it works on my system and fixes any problems I have :)

Looking at the comments about the web it seems good :D