Updated: PS/2 Fix Installer for ANY version of Leopard

~pcwiz

161 posts in this topic

hello ~pcwiz,

i have a laptop HP9700DV with leo 10.5.4 (ideneb) and i wad installed jas 10.5.4 server on a old pc. after reboot i have a problem with my keyboard (ps/2) so i can't input anything. how do i to install or repair the keyboard problem ? i suppose to use the terminal but i don't know how.

Thank a lot for you respond.

hello ~pcwiz,

i have a laptop HP9700DV with leo 10.5.4 (ideneb) and i wad installed jas 10.5.4 server on a old pc. after reboot i have a problem with my keyboard (ps/2) so i can't input anything. how do i to install or repair the keyboard problem ? i suppose to use the terminal but i don't know how.

Thank a lot for you respond.

You can use USB keyboard to fix it :P

Hello there!

I have Jas 10.5.4 on my notebook and after I installed the PS/2 Fix Pack and rebooted, the OS wouldn't boot no more! I believe that the AppleACPIPlatform.kext included on the pack should fix boot issues, but for me it didn't.

Was I supposed to have installed some of the packages related to the PS/2 or something else during the Mac OS installation?

How can I get my Mac OS to boot again without having to reinstall the entire system?

Hey y`all

I had the same issue of not being able to boot after installing this patch on jas 10.5.4

so i d/l iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 and got the ApplePS2Controller.kext from it and volla it works..

install it to system/library/extensions and repair permissions afterward

enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44ea8acfd04f6c76d2db6fb9a8902bda

I used this patch for my MAC OS X 10.5.5, and it died . . .

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1407

Debugger called : <panic>

I can't run it in -x and in -s . . .

Can anybody help me?

Can i make smth from Kalyway boot dvd?

k06a, 10.5.4 only! :-)

I have it working with 10.5.5.

See my mainboard in sig. Used the updated AppleACPIPlatfrom.kext from Karakeeha1 (shutdown, restart an sleep working).

One thing which annoys me is that I have to manually kextload the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext plugin extension.

Have no idea why it doesn't at boot. anyone a clue?

EDIT: Fixed the load on boot of the Nub.

Anyhow, pcwiz, please use the updated extension from Karakeeha1 with your installer, it should work with 10.5.5 and the populair GA boards.

See his wonderfull thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

Also, OpenHaltRestart.kext can be downloaded there. This will let you use vanilla ACPIPlatform.kext

Hello there!

I have Jas 10.5.4 on my notebook and after I installed the PS/2 Fix Pack and rebooted, the OS wouldn't boot no more! I believe that the AppleACPIPlatform.kext included on the pack should fix boot issues, but for me it didn't.

Was I supposed to have installed some of the packages related to the PS/2 or something else during the Mac OS installation?

How can I get my Mac OS to boot again without having to reinstall the entire system?

I have the same issue with you....

The trackpad does not work on my Toshiba Satellite L310 which uses the alps trackpad if not wrong.

I'm using iATKOS v4i, and default, the trackpad is detected as mouse. Using this, then I check, seems the mouse kext is missing, and the trackpad does not work.

i'm having the same problem, but when i try with alps kexts my trackpad moves and act ramdomly

i'm having the same problem, but when i try with alps kexts my trackpad moves and act ramdomly

I found a kext I think previously someone written to support the HP, which sort of works (as long as I disable the multi-touch support on the trackpad), however, that seems to have problems with the keyboard.

So wondering is someone can merge both fixes into one...

Hi,

I have the same issue:

Installed JaS 10.5.4 on my Compaq Evo 510 (installed with a PS/2 keyboard and mouse connected). Then once OSX booted for the first time I had to attach a (borrowed!) USB keyboard and mouse. Then I got into OSX and all was fine.

I downloaded and installed the PS2Fix1054 package and all went well.

Then I rebooted and swapped the USB mouse/keboard for the old PS/2 ones, now when I restart I get to the grey screen with the Apple-logo and the 'spinning' counter-icon and that's it - doesn't boot any further than that.

I've tried reconnecting the USB mouse and keyboard, but that doesn't help.

I also tried using the -x boot option during the Darwin startup, with no luck.

Is there any way I can remove PS2Fix and get back to a working OSX install?

I'd had to have fubarred my system so quickly!

Any comments or help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike.

My Jas OSX 10.5.4 is not booting after installing this! :) Need help!!

Hi PCwiz.First thank you for your Hard work and your "never stop" attitude ;)

Then My question .

I was going to use ur package for adding it on my personal DVD iso made with STLVNUB scrip, but on process some logs shot

installer: Cannot install on volume /Volumes/MacOSXInstall because it is disabled.
installer: You must have OS X Leopard 10.5.4 to run this package.

Any suggestion to disable this useless (for me at least) check ?

Keep in mind I'm generating an iso with the combo 10.5.5 update included.

Thanks again.

I have it working with 10.5.5.

See my mainboard in sig. Used the updated AppleACPIPlatfrom.kext from Karakeeha1 (shutdown, restart an sleep working).

One thing which annoys me is that I have to manually kextload the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext plugin extension.

Have no idea why it doesn't at boot. anyone a clue?

EDIT: Fixed the load on boot of the Nub.

Anyhow, pcwiz, please use the updated extension from Karakeeha1 with your installer, it should work with 10.5.5 and the populair GA boards.

See his wonderfull thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

Also, OpenHaltRestart.kext can be downloaded there. This will let you use vanilla ACPIPlatform.kext

Hi,

can you tell me what kexts you install to get it work with 10.5.5 ?

Thanks,

Hi,

can you tell me what kexts you install to get it work with 10.5.5 ?

Thanks,

barnum, simple. just use the files in this package _except_ for the ACPIPlatform.kext (which is the stock 10.5.5 one).

And download/use the OpenHaltRestart.kext from Psystar.

The Nub is a plugin of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, so if you will use the stock one be sure to place the Nub extension there.

Let me know if things work out for you. Else I can provide you with a copy of my extensions.

Btw, check to see if the filesystem is case unsensitive. Someone reported kexts not loading because the plugin

directory wasn't starting with capital P.

hello. could someone tell me how to include it onto jas 10.5.4 install dvd or how to install the driver after installing os WITHOUT using external keyboard? my only way would be to install it via jas 10.5.4 install dvd using terminal or include it to installation process ... but i am too stupid for it ... help please!