Updated: PS/2 Fix Installer for ANY version of Leopard

~pcwiz

161 posts in this topic

i have a red colored gateway m-series laptop.

my trackpad was working right off the bat, but my keyboard isn't. after trying the installer, both don't work. i'm very new to this and really would like to have a functional osx on this laptop, as i really don't like vista. any help, links to get what i need and installation istructions are appreciated. thanks!

Hi godlovesme637,

You can try the ApplePS2Controller.ANSI.zip on the post #67 of the follwoing link to see if it works on your notebook. I have revised it to make it work for Gateway or LG notebok.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...60&start=60

Chun-Nan

Hi godlovesme637,

You can try the ApplePS2Controller.ANSI.zip on the post #67 of the follwoing link to see if it works on your notebook. I have revised it to make it work for Gateway or LG notebok.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...60&start=60

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

I've tried all of those nubs and controller zip files and none of them work. Maybe I'm not installing it correctly? I'm not too familiar with how it's done. Thanks for helping me.

Unfortunately this makes Jas 10.5.4 install unbootable after you reboot

Hi Chun-Nan,

I've tried all of those nubs and controller zip files and none of them work. Maybe I'm not installing it correctly? I'm not too familiar with how it's done. Thanks for helping me.

Hi godlovesme637,

You can use PS/2 Fix Installer to install AppleACPIPS2Nub first. After that, use OSX86Tools or other tools (like KextHelper) to install the ApplePS2Controller.kext inside the ApplePS2Controller.ANSI.zip. Then reboot to enter OSX.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan, thanks for your great work on this. Do you think it is possible to make a single driver that would work in the following configurations:

= single PS/2 keyboard

= single PS/2 mouse

= both PS/2 keyb and mouse

The driver I tested previously (compiled by "gene" on March 1) managed to work in three configurations, unfortunately it broke with 10.5.2. Yours is much more reliable wrt/ updates.

Unfortunately this makes Jas 10.5.4 install unbootable after you reboot

Same here. Installed this and after reboot JaS 10.5.4 didn't boot anymore, had to reinstall and keep using an external usb keyboard on my acer 8104 laptop. :S

Same problem here! Could anyone pls help us?

thanks!!!

same problem here, i installed JaS 10.5.4 with the option to install also the server pack. On the first boot, it asks me to enter the server serial, but the keyboard isn't working, so i can't enter it, so i cant pass that screen to install the fix you made :(:blush:

how can i install this? can i do this with a ubuntu live cd? or from the windows parition? or from the terminal in the install dvd?

plz help us

ps: i use a usb logitech mouse and a ps/2 keyboard. I don't have an usb keyboard, it broke, and i don't want to buy one just for entering the serial

I believe I've just found a little problem with ApplePS2Controller.kext in your installer (as well as in a few other zip files on this forum), while upgrading my Kalyway to 10.5.4.

The thing is - after using your installer reboot started working, but PS2 keyboard/mouse died. I've checked that ApplePS2Controller loads OK, but no plugins got loaded.

I had to rename Plugins directory to PlugIns (I'm using case-sensitive filesystem). That solved the problem for me.

If this issue is known already, or if I messed something up - sorry. I'm quite new to the Hackintosh world.

Using PS2 mouse with USB keyboard I have no issue with this installation package. see attachment

What I do have and is most bizarre, is that sometimes my keyboard doesn't work.

Have to unplug/replug it.

Using PS2 mouse with USB keyboard I have no issue with this installation package. see attachment

What I do have and is most bizarre, is that sometimes my keyboard doesn't work.

Have to unplug/replug it.

Just wondering - are you using case-sensitive or case-insensitive HFS+ partition?

Tried loading keyboard plugin kext by hand?

Just wondering - are you using case-sensitive or case-insensitive HFS+ partition?

Tried loading keyboard plugin kext by hand?

Thats something I don't know.

Info doesn't show either:

Device Identifier: disk0s2

Device Node: /dev/disk0s2

Part Of Whole: disk0

Device / Media Name: Untitled

Volume Name: LEOPARD

Mount Point: /

File System: Journaled HFS+

Journal size 40960 KB at offset 0xe8e000

Owners: Enabled

Partition Type: Apple_HFS

Bootable: Is bootable

Media Type: Generic

Protocol: SATA

SMART Status: Verified

Volume UUID: 74816B4C-BF78-3DF9-A916-C956C9CB8D13

Total Size: 465.4 Gi (499763888128 ;) (976101344 512-byte blocks)

Free Space: 415.2 Gi (445825490944 ;) (870752912 512-byte blocks)

Read Only: No

Ejectable: No

Whole: No

Internal: Yes

Thats something I don't know.

Info doesn't show either:

Device Identifier: disk0s2

Device Node: /dev/disk0s2

Part Of Whole: disk0

Device / Media Name: Untitled

Volume Name: LEOPARD

Mount Point: /

File System: Journaled HFS+

Journal size 40960 KB at offset 0xe8e000

Owners: Enabled

Well, the easiest way would be to

mkdir Test && cd test

I bet it will work for you ;) And I assume that ~pcwiz has case-insensitive fs, as his GigabyteP35CC installer also has filename case issues. Perhaps that's why his patcher doesn't work for a few people.

As of your problem, first I'd try reloading ApplePS2Controller.kext by hand, or loading its keyboard plugin by hand, just to see what happens.

BTW, there's a function called IOLog() used for tracing in the KEXTs. Anybody knows how to enable these traces? Perhaps I should start another topic.

Well, the easiest way would be to

mkdir Test && cd test

I bet it will work for you :( And I assume that ~pcwiz has case-insensitive fs, as his GigabyteP35CC installer also has filename case issues. Perhaps that's why his patcher doesn't work for a few people.

As of your problem, first I'd try reloading ApplePS2Controller.kext by hand, or loading its keyboard plugin by hand, just to see what happens.

BTW, there's a function called IOLog() used for tracing in the KEXTs. Anybody knows how to enable these traces? Perhaps I should start another topic.

Well, it the filesystem here is not case sensitive, so you have a point here.

I have my problem once in 10 starts, after replugging it is ok.

But how would I reload a kext when I can't type, maybe put it in a script and mouseclick (but then need to type password)

I'am using USB keybourd btw.

But how would I reload a kext when I can't type, maybe put it in a script and mouseclick (but then need to type password)

I'am using USB keybourd btw.

Oops, I was sure we were talking about PS/2 keyboard problems...

As of reloading kext - I personally use SSH from my laptop to do it :D

same problem here, i installed JaS 10.5.4 with the option to install also the server pack. On the first boot, it asks me to enter the server serial, but the keyboard isn't working, so i can't enter it, so i cant pass that screen to install the fix you made :):D

how can i install this? can i do this with a ubuntu live cd? or from the windows parition? or from the terminal in the install dvd?

plz help us

ps: i use a usb logitech mouse and a ps/2 keyboard. I don't have an usb keyboard, it broke, and i don't want to buy one just for entering the serial

well i tried the following:

in my xp partition i installed macdrive, then i copied the 2 kexts (which i took from the installer package with pacifist) in to the systems extensions folder, i had to replace only one, the ps2 kext wasn't there yet.

then i removed the extensions.mkext and then i rebooted using the installer dvd to repair permissions. I had a lot of lines there (something like: permissions differ on ...) i repaired them a second time, no errors, then i rebooted into the oxs partition and i got a kernel panic. I wasn't able to figure out, because i thought i did everything right, so i reinstalled and repeated the proces, same results.

I read somewhere, that in order to install a kext al you had to do was copy it in the correct folder and delete the extensions.mkext. So i don't know where it went wrong. Can someone explain plz what i did wrong, so i could learn from my faults and try to make this work???

Oops, I was sure we were talking about PS/2 keyboard problems...

As of reloading kext - I personally use SSH from my laptop to do it :D

:) true, ssh would do it.

Using USB keyb and PS2 mouse because I can wake my dekstop from sleep with doubleclick (BIOS option - works only with PS2)

I don't mind replugging for now, will look for fix some day.

• 2 weeks later...