Updated: PS/2 Fix Installer for ANY version of Leopard

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Did you remember to clear the kext cache?

dying4004

dying4004

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
actually no. later on i cleared the cache and now my mouse is working again but stil keyboard isnt working randomly. last time i had to restart 12 times to get the keyboard. :hysterical:

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Make sure a working ApplePS2Controller.kext is installed, download AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext by Chun-Nan (link in first post) and then install it in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/. Make sure its installed properly (use a helper app like OSx86Tools or Kext Helper) and clear the kext cache, see if that works.

dying4004

dying4004

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
at last i have succeeded. thnx to ~pcwiz. i just got the appleps2mouse kext out of ur fix package and installed it with ur osxtool. now my mouse and keyboard both r running fine.

stef823

stef823

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The package sounds great ,but unfortunately I'm running 10.5.2. I know this is probably a really dumb question but how is the nub actually installed?

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Yeah, its not very hard to do it on any other version. I made this package for 10.5.4 only because it uses a 10.5.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, but I could have just as easily made it for all systems. All you have to really do is download and install ApplePS2Controller.kext into your Extensions folder, then download AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext by Chun Nan and install it into /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPaltform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/. Then clear the kext cache and reboot :( All the links are in the first post.

cliffhangersoa

cliffhangersoa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Modified dock, icons, HUD mod, and of course the sweet wallpaper :) PM me if you want the links.

hei dear friend can u please send me all the stuff that theme and icons and everything i think its great and u did it please mail me on cliffhangersoa@yahoo.com

Hyper X

Hyper X

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Furry, Video Games, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Movies, Computers, Macs, Cars, Anime, and RPG's
Hey Can I use a USB Keyboard and PS/2 Trackball with this setup? I checked everything... cleared the cache and still isn't working for me. Can ya help out?

I should point out I am in 10.5.4 as per your package request. I am on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard. The Trackball is a Logitech Trackman Marble FX, and the USB Keyboard is a Speed Link Full Metal Keyboard Flat.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
USB should be fine, but I'm not to sure about PS/2 trackballs...you might want to PM Chun-Nan, he is the developer of AppleACPIPS2Nub and ask him about compatibility with trackballs.

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Anything else special between the package and the individual kext links provided?

Trying to get this to work with a boot-132 extensions folder with 10.5.4 retail installed.

3Dman

3Dman

a3Dman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
This package contain:
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (in plugins folder in AppleACPIPaltform.kext)

Dmitrii

Dmitrii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
It's working for me
Big thanks!

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
~pcwiz mentioned that the kext's being listed in the first post were "some of the files" used.

I was just curious if there was anything else special in the install scripts, tweaks to the original kexts being linked, or additional items.
I extracted the kexts with pacifist and tried them out.

Still can't get these to load from a boot-132 extensions folder without using boot -f.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Those are actually all the files used, sorry for any misconception it may have been caused. All the install scripts do is backup and remove the existing 2 kexts and then in post install, they set the right permissions just in case PackageMaker messed up on permissions again...To load them on BOOT 132 there are 2 things you could try. One, try deleting the original ApplePS2Controller.kext (if it exists) and AppleACPIPlatform.kext from your Extensions folder, that should force the loader to load the modified kexts. Two, try upping the version numbers on AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to something really high. To do this, right click the kext >> Show package contents, open the Contents folder, find and open Info.plist and change all version values to something really high, open version.plist and change the versions there too. Apparently higher version numbers make it load over the vanilla kexts...

Signal64

Signal64

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey ~pcwiz.

In the end I did look at the pre/post install scripts and didn't see anything extra there.
No worries and thanks for all your help here and in the community in general.

I have been going nuts for about a week now with a 10.5.4 boot-132 install and getting a ACPI shutdown/reboot fix to work.
Same issues with the AHCI kext.

I can get them to work off of the initrd.img up to 10.5.3 but 10.5.4 refuses to load them.
It'll work if you put them in the System/Library/Extensions folder on the OS drive, but that defeats the purpose of the boot-132 install.

Versioning (i.e. upping the version number in info.plist and version.plist from 1.2.1 to 5.2.1) wasn't helping.

For a test, renaming the AppleACPIPlatform.kext on the OS drive and rebuilding the kext cache results in a panic on next reboot.
It claims it can not find ACPI Platform which is in the initrd.img and did work with 10.5.3 (without renaming the ACPI kext folder).

So now I'm confused.

Working on a couple of theories as to why right now but I'm still stumbling in the dark with a dim flashlight trying to find my way around this issue.
Any help always appreciated.

Thanks.

Hyper X

Hyper X

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Furry, Video Games, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Movies, Computers, Macs, Cars, Anime, and RPG's

USB should be fine, but I'm not to sure about PS/2 trackballs...you might want to PM Chun-Nan, he is the developer of AppleACPIPS2Nub and ask him about compatibility with trackballs.

Now Chun-Nan has released a new version of the driver... for people with PS/2 mouse but USB keyboard. So Your installer may need to get a bit more complex *and take you 10 mins to make instead of 5 ;P

Thanx for nudging me to PM. I just need to figure out how to remap the mouse buttons *neeeeeed soft scroll and cotrollermate doesn't want to behave*

Rishikesh

Rishikesh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
My PS2 Keyboard is working after installing the ps2 fix. I was stuck with the ps2 keyboard after 10.5.4 update. Great work man. keep it up.

audiophile_user

audiophile_user

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i got an issue using amd the mouse doesn't work same goes for they keyboard i have to move it around while booting which it sucks my version is 10.5.2 and they kernel is 9.2.0 by ToH

m82a1

m82a1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
i get a black screen, and a longer boot with this installed....

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Living Life, Going Out Places, Dancing, Music, Girls, Computers/Technology/Electronics, Philosop...
Hopefully this works on my amd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy