USB 2.0 for Leopard 10.5.7

Slice

390 posts in this topic

Hi !

Still keep trying to make my USB 2.0 work. Last try was to install PCGenUSBEHCI.kext from orByte. And it works ... partialy. At last I could see my flash drives, web cam, usb hard drive. But I guess I've lost my USB 1.1 bus since my usb mouse doesn't detected any more.

Is there any chance to get usb 1.1 back and not to loose USB 2.0? I need your help.

P.S. I do it on my ASUS Laptop. Its BIOS has no USB controller settings, only "interface security".

Slice need help

When I try to write

sudo -s

mkdir ~/Desktop/Off

mv -v /S*/L*/E*/IOUSBF* ~/Desktop/Off

cp -r -v ~/Desktop/IOUSBF* /S*/L*/E*/

rm -v /S*/L*/E*.ke*

rm -v /S*/L*/E*.mke*

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

In terminal I get a permission denied message after mv -v ........../Desktop/Off

What do I do?

I'm a little bit confused what do I realy need from the first post.

I'm working with Kalyways Leo 10.5.2 and my USB will not mount any drives. funny enough the drive is detectet, but only not mountet.

Hardware:

GA-X38-DS5

Southbridge ICH9R

so do I need the IOUSBFamily, the IOUSBFamily.kext or the IOUSB_315.4.1Family.kext or/and the MassStorageClass? :unsure:

Slice sorry to ask you that but could you please explain each optimization you made on those 3 files what did they bring more now that you fixed them ?

And what about the PCGEN from Andy W. (I know that you know from who I talked about as I see your name in his thread)

WHat is the difference between his new full IOUSBFamily and yours ?

Thank you

Slice sorry to ask you that but could you please explain each optimization you made on those 3 files what did they bring more now that you fixed them ?

And what about the PCGEN from Andy W. (I know that you know from who I talked about as I see your name in his thread)

WHat is the difference between his new full IOUSBFamily and yours ?

Thank you

EHCI - previous patch by orByte's method, same as PCGen by Andy. But some non-compilable places may be resolved by different methods. New in my kext is elimination of unnecessary outputs.

UHCI - I add sleep support for chipsets ICH9, 10 and others. I need deviceID of non-supported USB.

IOPCIFamily - many corrections for good scan DeviceTree. Approximatly same as Andy tried. There are reports that with this version CardBus works and USB mouse runs smooth.

I didn't upload my new sources because there is no help me in developement.

AppleUSB kext fix test started with IOPCIFamily.kext replacement according to Slice manual from here

results so far:

- it didn't replaced hanging of SiS chipset board

- it cause XnU kernel crash if not executed in -f mode

- it's survival time dramatically decreased (few minutes vs half hour original 10.5.5 IOPCIFamily)

according to System Profiler -> Software -> Extensions,

SiS7001/7002 is EHCI type USB chipset

replacing AppleUSBEHCI.kext from IOUSBFamily folder with Slice's one from the top of this Topic

results so far:

- it didn't replaced hanging of SiS chipset board

- no crash happened at boot time

- OHCI declared to be disconnected on sleep time

USBF: 1.586 AppleUSBOHCI[0x37bd800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 1.603 AppleUSBOHCI[0x3878000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

- USB flash memory reader (embedded one) yet working

- overall missing functionality

USBF: 62.183 [0x3a56100] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 3 of hub @ location: 0x23000000)

- it cause XnU kernel crash if not executed in -f mode

It is cache clean/double kext problem.

SiS7001/7002 is EHCI type USB chipset

I don't know deviceIDs for the USB

replacing AppleUSBEHCI.kext from IOUSBFamily folder with Slice's one from the top of this Topic

results so far:

- no crash happened at boot time

- OHCI declared to be disconnected on sleep time

Why OHCI?

- unfortunately it didn't fixed download traffic hanging issue

It is what about?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx for great work, Slice!

I re-install iDeneb 5i vs iDeneb4 lately and my USB became unstable "from the box".

But after you *.kext is gone be all right !!!!

PS. My iHack - Acer TravelMate 4230 stock <- AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x86) WiFi :(

Hello Slice I have one question for you ...

I have sometime a problem with my USB Drive

Sometime I start my usb drive (lacie) and it cannot mount then I stop it and starting again and after that it mounts

I tried also to start it before booting the computer but as well, sometime it appears at OSX page and sometime it does not

Don't know why ...

Sometime I start the computer and inside OSX, the mouse does not work anymore then I shut off the usb drive and my usb mouse work again instantly....

Don't know where it comes from

Do you think one of your .kext could resolve this strange problem... I tried with IOUSBFamily from Andy but it did not work ...

HP ZV6K fall asleep with device detach/reattach failure

# Interface: EHCI/OHCI

# Manufacturer: ATI

# Model:

# PCIID: 1002:4373, 1002:4374, 1002:4375

("USB device unplugged without eject" error message appearing)

was fixed by applying Slice's AppleUSBEHCI.kext.zip as well as IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext.zip.

thanks a lot! corresponding wiki manual fixed also

Thanks for the files

USB bluetooth and Mass storage devices works ONLY if I plug them before booting the OS.

Any idea why?

For me the new 10.5.6 set works perfect !

Also USB Storage mounts with plug&play as it should.

THANKS

I think something other is wrong with your system !!!

voodoo kernel + system.kext + setbelt.kext must work together !!!!

I heared that 10.5.6 users with newest voodoo must use sometime setbelt.kext V10.5.5.

Does your system can mount .dmg files ?

For me the new 10.5.6 set works perfect !

Also USB Storage mounts with plug&play as it should.

THANKS

I think something other is wrong with your system !!!

voodoo kernel + system.kext + setbelt.kext must work together !!!!

I heared that 10.5.6 users with newest voodoo must use sometime setbelt.kext V10.5.5.

Does your system can mount .dmg files ?

I have seatbelt.kext if you have meant that. and voodoo 1.0 kernel + system.kext as well.

and yes, I can mount DMG files.

After updating to fresh Voodoo 1.0 (without seatbelt) I had kernel panics when I tried to mount USB drive or few DMG files though.

If it is the Voodoo kernel, let me check with modbin 9.4.0 kernel + System.kext.

EDIT: YES! it was the kernel. Installed modbin 9.4.0 and everything works! I'm staying with modbin for now until Voodoo kernel problem is solved.

Thanks mitch_de for the direction (I've never suspected it was the kernel)

BTW, I had to install IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext in the /S/L/E folder.