iPhone firmware restore

Doctadre

6 posts in this topic

I know several forums say that if you want to restore with a certain kind of firmware you can click on the option key (alt) and click restore and it will take you to browse for the file. (Shift click - restore in windows.)

However the alt restore does not work for me for some reason in iTunes. But alt and any other letter seems to work just fine. Anyone have any clues or ideas?

Im on a hackintosh Laptop OS 10.5.4 as in my sig

dag, Im silly. EVERY tutorial/forum says to press the alt key. And I just insisted it must be that, I just tried the windows key and it works fine. +1 for Apple. Inching me closer to getting a macbook pro

For example, pressing command (alt) - N, allows me to create a new window or command - I, allows me to get info on something. But pressing command and then click to restore in iTunes does not bring up a finder window so I can browse for the restore package I want to use

Any ideas on why this is?

command and alt are two different keys on a mac keyboard.... (attached picture)

post-140932-1216750685_thumb.jpg

dag, Im silly. EVERY tutorial/forum says to press the alt key. And I just insisted it must be that, I just tried the windows key and it works fine. +1 for Apple. Inching me closer to getting a macbook pro

Your alt and cmd key mappings are switched. cmd+n is supposed to be a new window. On my Macbook Pro, it SHOULD me alt+click, which is what works for me.