Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I am seeing video "banding" with any gradients in documents, videos, etc. I have searched the forums using "banding", but posts referring to this problem are somewhat dated.

Has anyone else experienced this and if you have resolved it, how? I am backing up my system now and plan to run Leopard Graphics Update, but I have doubts that this will resolve my problem.

And just in case anyone asks, I do not have this problem when booted in Vista. Gradients are perfect there.

• 2 weeks later...

Some thoughts :

-Your colors are set to 65536 or below

-Your screen doesn't support more colors

-Your screen is not detected properly, try to inject the EDID manually

-Video driver is not set to dithering mode whereas it should be (a dithering value to set to 1 inside the injecter)

OK, that's good information, but where do you set these items?

I have display colors set to "Millions" in System Profiler. I don't have this problem in Vista, so I'm sure my display will display more than 64K colors.

How do I inject EDID manually? Is there a setup or configuration that I don't know about?

Hey I got the same card as you(Go 7600 256MB). How did you make it working? PLEASE!!! I've tried tons of NVinject versions/NVCAP combinations and I always get a black screen or a kernel panic. Can you just tell me what NVinjectGo version you used and with which NVCAP?. And did you changed something other than the NVCAP in the plist of the NVinjectGo.kext? What kexts did you use? I'm desperate and tired of the {censored}**** 1024x768 crappy resolution! Please HELP ME!!!! How did you make it working???

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I installed NVInjectGo 0.2.0 using the installer and the problem was not resolved. I tried both the 256 and the 512 version of the 0.2.0b installer and never made any difference. I am out of ideas, so if anyone else has this card in a notebook computer like I do and have had success with resolving the banding issue, I'd love to hear from you!

And thanks for everyone's assistance thus far - I really appreciate it!