Kalyway 10.5.2 Vmware Working!

20 posts in this topic

I have manged to get Kalyway 10.5.2 working on the latest vm 6.5 beta build. Can confirm it is fast. Latest iv4 release no good.

One annoying thing is the screen resolution in vmware i have widescreen but it displays it as a typical box, anyone know how to fix this.

thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, could you please give us some more details on your vm config and installation process ?

Kalyway works fine natively on my comp ( Intel C2D E8500@3.8GHz on Asus Maximus Formula) but in latest vmware 6.5 beta 2 (host win xp) I can only install it.

Installation is ok but boot is not.

It goes to the apple screen then vm crash.

If I boot with -v there's only a black screen then crash (I tried with differents kernels).

vmcrashlr5.jpg

Your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

edit: I should have read this topic before posting: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=118663 :)

Can someone please explain how to do this, i have both Kalyway 10.5.2 and Vmware 6.5 workstation beta. Im on a HP Pavillion dv6500, Core2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz, 2gb Ram, Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Thanx in advance

Yes i tried on VMware Workstation 6.0.4 doesnt work. It stuck on HDD detection and sync. I guess downloading VMware 6.5 beta is better then downloading a whole 4.3GB 10.4.8 Tiger OSX86 ISO for VMware 6.0.4 (Since Tiger is proven works on 6.0.4)

Edit: And nutzboltz, he's talking about VMware Workstation since that's the only 6.5 Beta avaliable to it.

Which VMware product are we writing about?

1. VMware Player (free)

2. VMware Server (free)

3. VMware Workstation (money)

3. VMware ESX 3i (free)

4. VMware Fusion (money)

Thanks

im talking about workstation 6.5 Beta which is free

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did some searching and came across this site

http://######.com/index.php?option=...6&Itemid=32

Thought I would try what it says as could not find the answer anywhere else.

I added/changed the following 2 lines

paevm="true"

guestOS = "darwin

and started the vmware disk again and it is currently installing! Will let you know soon if it installs properly

I did some searching and came across this site

http://######.com/index.php?option=...6&Itemid=32

Thought I would try what it says as could not find the answer anywhere else.

I added/changed the following 2 lines

paevm="true"

guestOS = "darwin

and started the vmware disk again and it is currently installing! Will let you know soon if it installs properly

After playing around with a few more installation parameters work it seems

the paevm="true" does not make any difference

but if I have to have guestOS = "darwin" for it to install (other and freeBSD do not allow the installation on VMWare). Strange as there is actually no darwin.iso file for vmware

i get to this grey screen with the spinning rainbow cursor then nothing.

Well the successful system I set up using vmware was at work on a core 2 duo processor running xp host. However, using the same options on my dual core e2140 running ubuntu64 host has failed, where if I put guestos="darwin", vmware says it can not run it and closes the virtual machine. Have had both of the things you mention (one above and the other on the different topic regarding vmware) occur on my home vmware attempts so all I can suggest, and it is only the bleeding obvious I'm afraid, is to keep fiddling around. That is what I am doing right now!!

Oh and you have to use the host dvd drive, not an iso.

• 1 year later...
I have manged to get Kalyway 10.5.2 working on the latest vm 6.5 beta build. Can confirm it is fast. Latest iv4 release no good.

One annoying thing is the screen resolution in vmware i have widescreen but it displays it as a typical box, anyone know how to fix this.

thanks..

thanks..

Mactools!!!