DVD Drive Glitch

6 posts in this topic

Hello, all.

Would like to seek some advice.

I've installed JaS 10.4.8 from a DVD drive

so I know for sure that the optical drive works at the start.

However, when the install is finished, OSX doesn't seem

to recognize the Lite-On DVD drive

UNLESS--

I boot the PC with a CD or DVD disk inside the tray.

Is this normal when running OSX on a PC?

Or would there be a workaround?

Thanks.

Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz HT Prescott

MSI Neo2 F1SR Intel 865

1 GB RAM

Palit Geforce 6600 256 MB

Lite On DVD-RW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I seem to be having the same issue. I have tried to search the forum high and low, but I just can seem to enter in the correct phrase to find the help.

I was going to try and change the settings like its mentions above, only when I took out the dvd player it doesn't have the normal jumpers. I am using a dell ultra small form factor pc, so the cd/dvd drive is probably a laptop drive. I also went in to the bios and tried to change it there, but the only option is to disable the drive. It shows up in system profiler under ATA Device tree as TSSTcorpCD-RW/DVD-ROM TSL462C.

I am running kaylaway 10.5.2

Hello all, I seem to be having the same issue. I have tried to search the forum high and low, but I just can seem to enter in the correct phrase to find the help.

I was going to try and change the settings like its mentions above, only when I took out the dvd player it doesn't have the normal jumpers. I am using a dell ultra small form factor pc, so the cd/dvd drive is probably a laptop drive. I also went in to the bios and tried to change it there, but the only option is to disable the drive. It shows up in system profiler under ATA Device tree as TSSTcorpCD-RW/DVD-ROM TSL462C.

I am running kaylaway 10.5.2

Hi, sir. My optical drive was originally set to slave, thus the problem.

When I set it to master, the problem went away.

Alternatively, I also set up a new hard drive as master and put the DVD drive

on slave again and that worked too.

Maybe it's worth a try for you? ;)