cannot pair logitech bluetooth mouse

darbid

12 posts in this topic

I gave up trying to get help on getting my internal bluetooth working. So bought a USB external dongle.

I finds my logitech mouse which is 100% compatible with OSX but will not pair.

I actually have a second version of OSX and with that version it pairs. Just not with my main version :-)

So the error message is

Jul 18 21:42:09 localhost Bluetooth Setup Assistant[210]: 3:Pairing failed with 'Bluetooth Travel Mouse': error 0xe00002bc

I have tried to replace the two kexts i know of IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

Would someone please help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I found I had ver 2.1 of each of these kexts and it would not pair either I malually loaded IOBluetoothHID . . . via terminal and it finally paired!

That could be the answer I've been looking for and so simple too!

My issue is that when my Laptop wakes from sleep the internal actual Bluetooth Cabridge Silicon Radio Device disappears and all paired connections are lost.

It takes 2 reboots for the actual Bluetooth Cambridge Silicon Radio device to appear in the System details.

This occurs in iATKOS v2.0i. My bluetooth hardware wasn't detected in iATKOS v4i. I haven't been able to install retail DVD Leopard since my laptop doesn't play nice with the Vanilla Kernel. So I'm stuck in a 10.5.2 time warp for the time being...lol.

I'll test your suggestion out and if it works I'll be very amazed and greatful!

Regards

Slither2008.

• 6 months later...
I found I had ver 2.1 of each of these kexts and it would not pair either I malually loaded IOBluetoothHID . . . via terminal and it finally paired!

I'm having the same issue (i think that it's due to the fact that the wizard is trying to use an empty passkey and the mouse only works with 'no passkey'). Anyway, can you please, post how did you managed to get it working? I'm going crazy with this... do u have the kext that works?

regards,

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue (i think that it's due to the fact that the wizard is trying to use an empty passkey and the mouse only works with 'no passkey'). Anyway, can you please, post how did you managed to get it working? I'm going crazy with this... do u have the kext that works?

regards,

Same here, got the kexts working and loaded, but I cant pair any device including an apple wireless keyboard! :)

• 1 month later...
Same here, got the kexts working and loaded, but I cant pair any device including an apple wireless keyboard! :unsure:

sync24 or anyone else, did you ever find a fix for this? i'm having the same issue with the apple wireless keyboard and a logitech mx9000 mouse. the bluetooth adapter will find the mouse and kb and get as far as the passkey part, where it doesn't seem to receive the pw i enter on the wireless kb and simply doesn't respond when it tries to send the empty password to the mouse.

the mouse is actually really old (still my favorite bluetooth mouse ever made) but i've had it paired with computers from my g5 powermac to my windows 2003 server, with imacs, macbooks and everything else in between. i have a cheapish usb bt dongle that i've tested and works in windows. i have the retail install of 10.5.6 running with the chameleon bootloader.

sync24 or anyone else, did you ever find a fix for this? i'm having the same issue with the apple wireless keyboard and a logitech mx9000 mouse. the bluetooth adapter will find the mouse and kb and get as far as the passkey part, where it doesn't seem to receive the pw i enter on the wireless kb and simply doesn't respond when it tries to send the empty password to the mouse.

the mouse is actually really old (still my favorite bluetooth mouse ever made) but i've had it paired with computers from my g5 powermac to my windows 2003 server, with imacs, macbooks and everything else in between. i have a cheapish usb bt dongle that i've tested and works in windows. i have the retail install of 10.5.6 running with the chameleon bootloader.

it never worked for me using the LEO4ALL install so I tried a fresh install with IPC 10.5.6 and it did the trick. bluetooth mouse connects every time without issues. i think it has to do with loading the bluetooth related kexts on startup.

• 1 month later...

I love you, good sir. I was having a similar problem—10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7, and simultaneously the batteries in my Logitech V270 mouse died, and then it wouldn't re-pair—and loading the kext manually fixed it. Thanks a million!

• 6 months later...

I had a similar problem with my diNovo Edge after an update to 10.5.8. on my iMac 24". It was killing me, as I could no longer get the keyboard to pair. The symptom manifested in the following manner:

1) I would attempt to pair, using the bluetooth setup assistant

2) I would be prompted to enter a string of numbers followed by the enter key

3) I would do this and the bluetooth section of the system preferences would register the keyboard as being paired and connected

4) However, the bluetooth assistant would continue to spin and not show the success message and the bluetooth light on the keyboard would continue to blink

5) After several more seconds, the keyboard would beep and the bluetooth assistant would time out, at which point the system preferences bluetooth section that had just shown the keyboard to be paired and connected, would clear showing no keyboard at all.

After many attempts of trying different things in different orders (and with different keyboards), I opened up the system console and checked for error messages. I then googled for this error message:

3:Pairing failed with 'Logitech diNovo Edge': error 0xe00002bc

After some googling around, I found this forum thread with a mention of manually loading the kext. I had to google for that, too, as no one had indicated the steps involved. After executing the following, I was delighted to watch the successful pairing of my keyboard in the bluetooth setup assistant:

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

Thanks everyone!

d