• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bla'cappuccino

bla'cappuccino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hey guys can u tell me which command i must use to disable the graphic card drivers when i boot my Mac OS and i press F8 to enter the command line?

I installed a wrong drivers and it does not allow me to access the OS (just appear a black screen after in the log in). So i must enter the Leopard without use any driver and delete some kext...

Thanks

csir

csir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
F8

>boot: -x

huckleby

huckleby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Afaik, -x is only for safe mode, might still not be able to get to GUI, at least in my case it didn't work. If i have to remove drivers to be able to boot i usually type -s at boot. Then when you get a command line prompt

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /system/library/extensions

then for example

mv Yourwrongdriver.kext Yourwrongdriver.kext.bak

or

mv Yourwrongdriver.kext /

then i remove all caches and reboot and usually i can get back into the GUI. Hope that helps...

bla'cappuccino

bla'cappuccino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Afaik, -x is only for safe mode, might still not be able to get to GUI, at least in my case it didn't work. If i have to remove drivers to be able to boot i usually type -s at boot. Then when you get a command line prompt

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /system/library/extensions

then for example

mv Yourwrongdriver.kext Yourwrongdriver.kext.bak

or

mv Yourwrongdriver.kext /

then i remove all caches and reboot and usually i can get back into the GUI. Hope that helps...

Thx for ur infinitive help guys... i give u news if i solve my problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy