iATKOS 10.5.4 DVD release

156 posts in this topic

Just installed it, working for the most part!

I got a message saying that the "Jmicron kernel failed to load" but it hasn't affected anything so far as I can see..

I selected the:

iATKOS Main System

Darwin Bootloader

AppleACPIPlatform

nvidia NCInject 512mb Driver

Sata Support

Intel Speedstep

Realtek 8139

I can't remember if I chose the 9.4 Kernel or not

Somewhere in there it said something about not choosing any other kernels if using speedstep.

But it looks like it's all working. I'm gonna try it out and see how it works with my MB. Kalyway seemed a lot more focused on the P5W DH, so I might just stick with that if this isn't noticeably faster.

When I switch in the motherboard bios from SATA AHCI to SATA IDE and don't customize, I was able to install this version successfuly.I need advice witch patch to install for D975XBX2 BAD AXE.

I am new to OSx86 ;)

Yeah, Ive been stuck at 99.11% for quite sometime now. Their are over 2000 leechers and still just 2 seeders. Hopefully later today it will finish.

As far as I've read the Jmicron support is still hit and miss with this version. However their are supposed to be a lot of updates and enhancements for sata and even better support for speedstep.

U serious? I managed to have it done downloading in a few hours (Between 2-4 Hrs I say)

Installed on Dell D520. Works fine with nothing selected except "iATKOS Main System" and "Darwin Bootloader". Ethernet and wireless card are not working at this moment.

If I select the additional Intel GMA 950 driver, it would boot but with a blank screen.

I had a problem with it cycling whenever I rebooted or shutdown. I would have to start with the -v command at Darwin. A simple Permissions repair took care of this. I also installed the latest NVInstaller to get quartz working.

working perfect for me

just the network was not working but i had the extra drivers for that one also

but the strange part is that my audio and graphic are installed automatically . i have not selected any driver for that

but that a good news . i hope in future we dont have to select the drivers just they automotically installed by itself like in windows.

well anyway thanks for all and uphuck

:(

Just to confirm that this is working fantastically on the Intel BadAxe2 D975XBX2 motherboard. Picked stock ACPI and Stock kernel for the installation. Once in OSX applied the sound patch as provided by the fantastic WeakSauce guide and applied the NVInstallerV41 package for my 8800GT 512mb. All working so far but not tested sleep as of yet. I'm getting around 150 points better in Geekbench with this release compared to the Kalyway 10.5.2 release.

If anyone wants any additional info about the build please let me know.

regards,

I had a problem with it cycling whenever I rebooted or shutdown. I would have to start with the -v command at Darwin. A simple Permissions repair took care of this. I also installed the latest NVInstaller to get quartz working.

and what was your installation configuration? (stock files? smbios? ...)

because i have the same motherboard as you, but i can't get it working.

(sorry for my bad english!)

Don't give bad rep as you couldn't install properly. BTW I think the Core 2 Range (i.e. Duo, Quad or Extreme) as I know all support SSE3 and not only SSE2 as you said ufo_all.

Can you tell me what is the file size of iaktos you have ?.

Someone tried this version with no issues on P35C DS3R board ?

Currently, i am using Kalyway 10.5.2 , but sometims has little error happening when i worked with heavier applications like 3D and graphic softwares.

don't know why, just feel is not as stable as i think..so, wanna try this one...

I am now running this on a Bad Axe 2 board, and it is 'so far' the most stable Leopard system I have used. On first install, I got very discouraged. It restarted to the flashing cursor after the install finished. Once I removed the 'space' in the name of my partition, everything worked great. It was named 'Macintosh HD', and I simply made it 'MacintoshHD' to test it. That's all it took for me to get past the blink of shame. I only chose the stock files and then installed the latest nvidia drivers for the hackintosh. This is the fist Leopard build that shows my overclock speed in About This Mac. Thanks for a great build people!!! You definitely have one happy user here!