iATKOS 10.5.4 DVD release

156 posts in this topic

iATKOS 10.5.4 DVD release is out today!

I am downloading it as I am writing this. Everyone please join in to help seed it although it seems to be feeding quite fast.

It is titled iATKOS v4.0i -10.5.4 DVD release. And it's for Intel SSE3 only, I think.

Any way, search the site and pls don't hold me accountable.

I plan on seeding for a while, Thanx! I'm glad that you are all going to still make releases. I've been messing around with the retail DVD Install Method and though I got most things working(alright), there are still things that only a patched DVD will give us with your OSInstall Packages, Patches to Libraries and Frameworks, and kext's not playing nicely together...I was afraid that the retail method would discourage future DVD Release as they focus on that project(which is very cool).

Thanks Again

i download it, too.

i hope i can install it on my Acer, Kalyways dont let me in the installation (hangs on Kernel info), with the Leo4all DVD i can install it.

this problem is only with mit T5550 cpu, with my Celeron 550 there is no problem to start the installation.

Would it be weird if i installed this on my macbook pro ?

:dev:

Well I have 10.5.4 on my desktop and notebook as well but for re-install why not give it a try ?

iatkos always installs very fast and almost all parts are working fine...

happy downloading & seeding ;)

More details will come to light in the next few days but I am guessing it will have Chameleon+JMocron IDE support.

thanks for the reply.

uphuck said that there's a jmicron SATA patch in it, but no IDE (which is no important for me).

can't wait to install it :D

Does this release fix the problem people been having of being able to boot up the os once its been installed? Or do we still have to search their site for possible solutions that might work?

What problem do you mean? Like after install, you reboot and you only get to a black screen with a flashing cursor?

Yupe, no matter what I or others have tried nothing worked. They recommend using others tools to fix the mbr or this and that and nothing. What it was doing was it would install and then boot up to the wrong hdd and no matter what you did to fix the problem it would still boot to that same spot.

I have an ASUS P5E that is currently having issues with Firewire and USB plug and play after the 10.5.4 modbin update (needed to fix 45nM chip problem with clock and USB audio device), does anyone know if this DVD will fix it?

I am currently downloading but not sure of the options I need to tick when I do an installation to make it work ...

Yupe, no matter what I or others have tried nothing worked. They recommend using others tools to fix the mbr or this and that and nothing. What it was doing was it would install and then boot up to the wrong hdd and no matter what you did to fix the problem it would still boot to that same spot.

I had this problem in the past. What I did was made my HDD a GPT (or GUID idk) partition instead of MBR and then I named my partition something with no spaces at all (with a name with spaces in it, I would get the blinking cursor thing)

Yeah, Ive been stuck at 99.11% for quite sometime now. Their are over 2000 leechers and still just 2 seeders. Hopefully later today it will finish.

As far as I've read the Jmicron support is still hit and miss with this version. However their are supposed to be a lot of updates and enhancements for sata and even better support for speedstep.

Finished downloading this morning and decided to try this.

Am kind of new to this but have been running the Kalyway 10.5.2 for a while with no problems on install or running

Tried this version and get the apple screen and the I get a stop sign..

MB - Abit IP35 Pro

CPU - Quad Core

Mem - 4gig Dual Channel

GFX - Nvidia 8800GTX

Sata HDD