x1650 Pro 512 PCI-E

Zigtown

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a x1650 512mb PCI-E card and I have installed a retail copy of Leo.

I have tried every way there is to try and get this card to work. It works great in a hackintosh version but I can't seem to get it to work on retail. The last step is efi strings. Now my self I have no idea how to do this. I am looking for a little help here.

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c1

Revision ID: 0x009e

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

That is my graphics in system profiler. I know it says it's 256mb but I know for sure it's 512. Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

I already tried that method. My video just freezes at the grey apple screen even if I boot -x.

The last step I have is to do efi strings. As I mentioned I have tried the other 3 methods including that one. Thanks though!

I have it updated to 10.5.4 via Apple Software Update. Everything runs very smooth on it. This is just the last tweak that I need to get it finished

i have the same card as yours and same ID, i'll post the kext as soon as i get home.

Have you tried this on a retail install?

nope, i'm using Leo4all version 3, but i don't c why it shouldn't work on retail, juz give it a try and if u get kernel panic or wateva just boot from -x flag and remove the drivers