10.5.4 AMD Update

21 posts in this topic

:P

:lol:

I think mattrb maybe wanted to give you an ironically hint about what could

happen to you if you use your realpic instead of an ava or nickpic on the internetz :D

HY im new here, its there any install dvd for amd computers? sory but i am noob in osx and this thing. and i hope that can someone help me.

Thnx and sory for bad anglish

Can someone help me ower the msn. to install the osx.send me a PM and i add u on the msn.

@estebanrao:

To answer your question, this information is several weeks old and has been posted several times in the past ;-)

The day when 10.5.4 was released AMD OSx86 machine users had already installed it successfully using Zephyroth's ASU.

Greetings

barrist, in order to use that update first use the 10.5.3 update, look for it in the same forum

brdi, use kalway or leo4all

Thanks , would you be able to point to it? I see the kalyway 10.5.3 update for intel cpus , but no amd?

ok... here we go!

I installed 10.5.4 update from 10.5.2 with a combined update directly. I had installed leo4allv3 with speedstep kernel 9.2.0 and nvinject 0.2.1. This config is because I have and amd64 3500+ sse2 as I wrote on another forums haha...

I made a lot of tries & fails before getting the leopard updated correcly. When I used asu updater, the combo installer ran perfectly but at the end, when I had to search for my backed up kernel to install it again and remove extensions like applesmbios, nvinject, the system was very unstable and crashed all the times so when I restarted the machine, I had a lot of kernel panics, bad configs... so system dead and I have to reinstall 10.5.2 again.

What I did this time?

I Installed the system manually, with pacifist.

First, I select all the graphics extensions needed and extracted to the desktop: GeForce, NVDANV10Hal, NVDANV20Hal, NVDANV30Hal, NVDANV40Hal, NVDANV50Hal, NVDAResman and in my case, NVinject wich is my injector on 10.5.2 and is working perfect on 10.5.4.

I did that to insert my cpuid on GeForce, NVDAResman and NVinject as I do when Installing 10.5.2.

I selected all the items to install without selecting mach_kernel, mach_kernel.ctfsys and in system/library/extensions/ I didn't select the following .kext files: AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment, AppleSMBIOS, System and the graphics extensions I extracted before.

During the installation, when an alert message appears with the option "UPDATE", select "Remember this option for the installation" and click on "UPDATE". When another alert message appears with the option "REPLACE" without an "UPDATE" option, select again "Remember this options during this installation" and click "REPLACE". If another messages appears, ignore them and just continue.

Don't do anything with the resources tab on pacifist. There are a lot of scripts to running after the update to move some files to their final locations in the real installer but now, if you followed this method, all the files are in their final locations. I tested it checking file sizes and versions!

One thing, after the update, you couldn't use any application on your system, not even terminal or textedit! So it's important you unselected all the files and extensions I wrote before because you won't be capable to do anything!

Now, I have my two hard disks with leopard 10.5.4 and I'm going to use the test partition to install modbin kernel 9.4.0 to see if it's compatible with an amd sse2 processor. Also I'm going to do another tests like use the system.kext from 10.5.4 with my 9.2.0 speedstep kernel from netkas and try to install AppleACPIPlatform wich was not selected during the manual install from pacifist.

Also, the important part is that zephyroth asu updater is working like a charm!!

I'm sure if my system wasn't unstable after the installation, I could be able to use the update installer, restore my kernel and work with the graphics extensions plists to get ready to restart and begin using 10.5.4.

Hope I can help people with sse2 processors like me!

Update is not really working for my Leo4All HP TX 1250 EA!

After i install the 10.5.4 update my USB and card reader stopped working :angel:

And i am not able to install the 9.4 kernel! Whenever i install it with the kernelinstall i got the mac os blue screen and after rebooting the loading kernel is still 9.2!

Anyone has this problem too or just me?

But why the hell are my USB things not working anymore after 10.5.4 but not after 10.5.3?

Edit: i will try install the kernel on 10.5.3! Maybe it will work....

Forget installing kernel 9.4.0. read the instructions I posted before in this same forum. I forgot to wrote that you have to unselect the iousbfamily kext too for that problem. I tested that on my machine today and it didn't work as you say, so I returned to my backed up iousbfamily kext and reinstalled it again. If you need it tell me I could send it to you. I made a pocket tutorial to install the update if you want it tell me too.. The blue screen or the black screen is for the video drivers. You need the newer from 10.5.4 but have to change ids again. You can test the nvkush injector on nvinject too but you can't use same video drivers from 10.5.2 because they are deprecated

Here I post my updated guide to update to 10.5.4, even with combo updates!

I did it from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4. If you have an amd processor and have problems updating the kernel or have only sse2, you could use this guide, is larger than other methods but secure!

Note: 'file not exists' errors during installation come from extensions not being installed:

* AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment

* AppleSMBIOS

* IOUSBFamily

* System

a) Use asu updater to download Mac OS X 10.5.4 combo update

b ) Open modified Mac OS X 10.5.4 combo update with pacifist

c) Extract to a folder from /system/library/extensions/ the following .kext's:

* GeForce

* NVDANV10Hal

* NVDANV20Hal

* NVDANV30Hal

* NVDANV40Hal

* NVDANV50Hal

* NVDAResman

d) Insert device id from graphic card on the following extracted .kext .plist's:

* Geforce

* NVDANVX0Hal if needed it (depends on the graphic card series)

* NVDAResman

e) Locate a graphic injector and insert device id from graphic card on its .plist

f) Unselect mach_kernel, mach_kernel.ctfsys

g) Unselect in /system/library/extensions/ the following .kext's:

* AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment

* AppleSMBIOS

* IOUSBFamily

* System

* extracted extensions before

h) Install all the selected files

i) Not needed to install/extract files from package resources

j) Restart

k) Install the extracted extensions before

l) Restart