intel G45 chipset and x4500 graphics...

54 posts in this topic

I don't want to switch nForce.

intel's Montevino is so good for me.

if someone will try to give us a new intel's X driver i will turn my laptop into hackintosh.

because my VAIO have a BD rom and HDMI display & output with 1600x900 Resalution.And Montevino PM45

Now i'm still in waiting!

So i can't wait.i'm going to buy a new Macbook!

Thanks to all osx86 developers

By my osx86 life (begans from 2005)

Hello my new Mac life! (from 2008) :)

1940 $ MacBook with 2 GB ram - Bluray Disc - HDMI

1480 $ SONY VAIO with 4GB ram + Bluray Disc + 16x9 FullHD display + HDMI

I think it's...........!

well, i do hope they do so, so i can finally get my thinkpad X200 graphics right! but then, i'd think i'd still be worried about the bluetooth, which works from the iatkos disk i think and the wifi and internet port which doesn't work yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There won't be any progress until Apple releases a Mac with G45 graphics...unless someone decides to make a G45 driver from scratch - highly unlikely, if it can even be done!

Apple's decision to go with nVidia chipsets in the new Macbooks have put a damper on this possibility.

If I use 8600GT on G45 board (disable X4500 in CMOS), Will it work?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will.

Don't waste your time waiting for minis, guys. Intel gpu was discarded.

We don't know that for the Mini yet.

The Mini is effectively (and always has been) the lowest spec Mac.

The MacBook is a direct descendent of the iBook which was launched as an iMac to go. Adding a decent Graphics Chipset just brought that back in line.

We may yet see a new Intel Graphics Chipset in a Mini.

We don't know that for the Mini yet.

The Mini is effectively (and always has been) the lowest spec Mac.

The MacBook is a direct descendent of the iBook which was launched as an iMac to go. Adding a decent Graphics Chipset just brought that back in line.

We may yet see a new Intel Graphics Chipset in a Mini.

Trust me, Maybe iMac or Mac,pro is the way to go.

About microATX Intel DG45ID

Besides Intel Motherboard D975XBX2 (aka Bad Axe, as far as i know the most compatible mobo) DG45ID is a cheap and very stable mobo.

;) For Video disable internal and add a 22 Euros gfx PCIe (2.0) like Gigabyte 8400GS 256MB NX84S256HE low profile with EFIStudio string and get CI, QE, Quartz GL and Rotation fully working. Possibly 2nd Display too (not tested).

:P For Sound (not working, yet) use a 11 Euros USB Speed Link (just plug and go) mic and stereo out working.

:o Suggest to stay with BIOS ID0077 and use less than the 8GB announced memory... [6GB 2x3GB 800MHz clc 4-4-4-12 works great and stable. This way you keep the e-SATA external connection Hot-Swappable (I love it)].

:D If you decide to upgrade to BIOS ID0085 you can use 8GB RAM. This way You lose eSATA Hot-Swap, but still can use port if booting with attached drive.

:D Quad Core Q9550 works fine... no bugs. Can use C2D as well.

:) Almost Vanilla. Only Alien drivers needed are: dsmos.kext or AppleDecript.kext (use just one of them) and IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext if using Chameleon 1.0.11 install package (find it in irc.osx86.hu @ chameleon channel. No need to add SMBIOSEnabler... if you want a better shape can add AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext. For NIC Ethernet and Time Machine use Intel82566MM.kext here, (Thanks to "leo74" post #5 page http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=122937). Using chameleon there is no need to install kext in S/L/Extensions, just drag and drop them into Extra folder of Chameleon Installer.

:( Have Gigabyte G33M-DS2R with working sound in/out and find DG45ID better, much faster and stable.

;) This is my opinion... (XBX2 is my lovely baby)

Need info about how to install? here or here

Xbench score uploaded (see Hard Disk score for 2 Western Digital Striped RAID)

Want to go Chameleon with DSDT override function? Thank to fassl and to mackerintel.

Carlos

post-87457-1227560514_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

One thing I'm finding with this board is get your BIOS set and never touch it again. If you do ANYTHING in your BIOS you will have to reinstall the OS!

I've got the 77 board and am not upgrading the BIOS as per Carlos. But the system has been pretty flakey so I might just give up on it, update the BIOS, and install WinBlows WePee.

I also was not able to get an EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB card to work with it (or another board).

Oh, also don't unplug your keyboard/mouse as they will not come back on.

One thing I'm finding with this board is get your BIOS set and never touch it again. If you do ANYTHING in your BIOS you will have to reinstall the OS!

I've got the 77 board and am not upgrading the BIOS as per Carlos. But the system has been pretty flakey so I might just give up on it, update the BIOS, and install WinBlows WePee.

I also was not able to get an EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB card to work with it (or another board).

Oh, also don't unplug your keyboard/mouse as they will not come back on.

I'm running BIOS 91 on this board, and there are USB and LAN fixes available on here if you search.

You can change settings in the BIOS all you like, just don't enable things OSx doesn't support.

I'm running BIOS 91 on this board, and there are USB and LAN fixes available on here if you search.

You can change settings in the BIOS all you like, just don't enable things OSx doesn't support.

Yeah, I upgraded to 91 and it is MUCH faster and way less flakey. Have the USB and LAN fixes and I figured out to put a copy of my active partition on a scratch partition and I screw with the settings on that one. Then when I can't reboot it can just go back to my good partition.

---

And now I've got audio too:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,139.0.html

• 4 weeks later...