intel G45 chipset and x4500 graphics...

54 posts in this topic

intel recently updated their motherboard lineup with new chipsets.

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...mbd_body+dt_all

One of the problems that has plagued the hackintosh world has been the lack of support for any integrated graphic chipsets other than 950 and x3100. Well, rumors have it that Apple will most certainly utilize the G45 chipset in its next systems as it includes H.264 hardware accelerated video for smooth full 1080p video.

http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Chip...45-overview.htm

Here is a recent review by some guys over at Tweak Town.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9574/intel_s...htpc/index.html

The real world specs look really good. This may be (http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DG45ID/DG45ID-overview.htm) the first microATX motherboard with decent integrated graphics that the hackintosh community will be able to fully utilize with native Apple OS support. It looks to me like X4500HD integrated graphics might be a real head turner for many hackers that want their systems for mostly viewing good video. It may be the gaming will also be OK, but this is still an unknown.

So, what do you all think? Is it just a matter of time before this is the default chipset for hackintosh projects?

what a pitty.. I was waiting for this gfx for months and now it turns out that the 8400m g even beats this one

Well, no kidding, a Ferrari also outruns a Hyundai. Intel's integrated graphics are never about performance, they are always about low power consumption, high battery life, and low cost.

• 1 month later...
Has someone tried new intel DG45FC motherboard?
no but i have the g45 gigabyte mobo, not sure if your talking about the mITX or mATX board but mines is mATX.

as for g45 it works great and id love to see it work with osx86, whenever that happens but i also heard that the new macbooks might be using the g45 express mobile chipset so maybe theres hope?

I talk about the MINI-ITX from INTEL

In the wiki they say the INTEL D945GCLF is ok for hackintosh.

The intel DG45FC is brand new, so it's not yet on the wiki. (I like the 4 sata ports, the RAID controller and the gigabite ethernet !)

Is there a chance it works ? (or will ?)

I want to try it.

I'm a mac user and I want to have my hackintosh as as server. (say, like if I had a mac mini).

With a C2D E7200 and 4 Go RAM.

(Nearly 205Euros !!!:))

I'm new to this but I think with all the wiki and tutos around, it'll be ok.

It's been some nights I'm learning.

Thanks to all of you.

Harold

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know if this is a bad bump and a dumb question to ask, but considering that this new intel chipset will be going into the stores real soon, someone will develop the code for the osx86 project right? i'm guessing its just about time eh. also, since i recently purchased the Lenovo Thinkpad X200 notebook, it came with this graphics setup and excuse me for saying this, not being able to go up to the monitor's best setting does restrict some of the visual performance it is supposed to give. (and i'm a bit annoyed about that).

o man, macbooks will be using an nvidia chipset, i thought someone said they would use g45, i guess apple is done with intels IGP for now

I've picked the news up also today. Would this mean we don't have to expect G45/X4500 support at all? The chance that we'll see G45 in a new iMac serie will be lowered also, so native OS support isn't really necessary for Apple.

I'm quite new with OSX86, so i can't guess how difficult it is for the community to 'fix' support for this chipset.

Hi I've VAIO FW-160 with Montevino (ICH9) chip.Now my OSx86 detects my SATA drive as intel AHCI ICH9.

So we can say that Apple's new updates will Exellent for all intel's new chip users for osx86.

I've no problem on VAIO.But i still waiting for GMA4500 driver.

Sorry for my English ;)

Well, I've checked out Intel's site..

Their new chipset consist of: PM45 < GM45 < GS45, whereby PM45 does not have any onboard graphic chipset. From the rumours, nvidia maybe launched alongside with Apple's new macbook series. I *suspect* PM45 maybe used with the new macbooks.

Macbook series:

Intel PM45 + Nvidia 9300M GS or Intel GM45 with x4500

Macbook Pro series:

Intel PM45 + Nvidia 9600M GT

I maybe wrong. I'm looking forward to Oct 14... :)

ACK! Well, since I read the latest from Apple it seems like the writing is on the wall for the intel integrated chipsets. Apple went with a custom motherboard that is using Nvidia graphics and chipsets. They totally dumped the intel integrated chipset/graphic combos. I wonder how this will change future hackintosh efforts?