Any UGA solutions being worked on?

AirmanPika

4 posts in this topic

This seems to be the key showstopper on current builds of Vista (hopefully MS will leave the EFI support already built into vista as it is since they dont seem to be interested in finishing the work at this time from what I've now read). If I could SEE the installer which many others have also managed to get running then we could prolly get vista installed but alas we can't. Obviously built in Vista UGA is out of the question at this time so what seems to be needed is some sort of UGA/VGA mode/driver in the EFI whereas right now we only have UGA. Too bad that one person who seems to be making progress on XP can't share how he got past the UGA issue but I guess $12k is too hard to ignore by some.

Does the mac crash or the screen just goes blank if so you could try using a external display with DVI support

NOTE: I don't have any display in the boot menu from vista with my LCD screen on my pc, once the boot screen gone Vista run perfectly.

ELILO or Linux doesn't use VGA calls to boot on Macintels. The video memory map is exposed in EFI, and Linux was patched to dump pixels to VRAM (framebuffer).

OK that makes sense, thanks for the quick explanation. It sounds like the only real chance left is to get an existing Vista installation using the Radeon drivers to boot and bypass the VGA issue completely...