Final Cut Studio Power House

1 post in this topic

I've been using Final Cut Pro in its various forms for a long time now. I have recently got very interested in the concept of coding and building software (however, I am not profficient at it at all). I find it really interesting looking into all the issues of collaborative coding, and building apps collectively.

I do a bit of Web coding, CSS and the like, but i'm only just starting..

Just to feed my interest and curiosity, having looked at the way Final Cut Studio works, and having used it on dedicated machines giving me experience of how fast it can actually run, and watching it effortlessly casscade between the apps in the suite, to get amazing results, I have begun to wonder how complex it is.

So, how complex is an app like FCP Studio?? To me it feels like the pinacle of software (I may be wrong).

I'd like to hear from users, who are coders who can enlighten me. One of my first thoughts is that this sort of app can only be built with money backing from Apple et al., rather than in your bedroom - but where does money kick in over brains? I understand that time, and jobs are key - but I mean surely it isn't just down to money as to how good an app is?? Surely it's how good the coders are.

I get this feeling when I look at how good and far ahead OSX is compared to most, if not all Linux distros, and even Windows.

If any one has anything they can add here, I'd be really interested in hearing it all.

Right now I am currently working on a thesis regarding usage of the concepts of the Open Source Model and its licenses in direct relation to film-making

So you can see where i'm going with this. But really, I just want to know what it takes (or doesn't take) to build an app like FCP Studio. :guitar:

EditOpen - Open Source Video Edit Projects