ADI AD2000B audio codec

DocShadow

32 posts in this topic

The new Asus P5Q Deluxe board uses the ADI AD200B audio codec.

I haven't seen anyone 'crack' that one yet. Anyone have any ideas on how one would proceed in getting/making the appropriate kext?

Doc

BINGO! :blink:

I used a file posted by Nick3092 and now have audio.

Audio ID'd in System Profiler as:

Device ID: 0x10438311

Audio ID: 12

I'll aks him to post the file here.

Doc

BINGO! :)

I used a file posted by Nick3092 and now have audio.

Audio ID'd in System Profiler as:

Device ID: 0x10438311

Audio ID: 12

I'll aks him to post the file here.

Doc

Here is the kext I modified to get basic sound out put out of my P5Q Deluxe/AD2000B. It's not going to have all the bells and whistles, or anything.

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

I have the same Soundchip on an ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe board and this driver is not working for me. I have tryed both Bios settings AC79 and HD Audio.

All ASUS P5Q boards should have the same chip set, so it should work. Any hints?

I had some problems also at first but it was just due to me being sloppy.

Backup the old kext and delete it from the Extensions directory. Install the new kext, verify permissions and reboot with -f.

Doc

So with systems do you use?

I have installed Leo4All v4 beta (Leo 10.5.2). As I have seen in the P45 thread the AppleAzailaAudio.kext was modified and or ALCinject.kext.

Have I forgotten something?

The kext above is not working for me. It will be loaded without any errors or so, but no audio device is detected. Maybe you have some other kexts, so this kext package only will do it for you.

Bios: 1103 / Sound: HD Audio

Download the above file.

Open OSX86Tools. Select Install Kexts. Choose the downloaded file.

Reboot when prompted.

I do not have ALCinject.kext.

My install is a Kalyway 10.5.2, updated with Kalyway 10.5.3 and then Apple SU to 10.5.4.

Doc

Hi guys,

I have a P5Q Deluxe Mobo with a Vanilla Mac OS X 10.5.4 Install. Your method doesn't work for me. I don't get any errors but No Audio device is displayed in System Profiler.

Any Ideas?

I take that back, kinda....

My audio IS working, even though there is no audio device showing in System Profiler.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

with that driver what works?

I mean I have rear case speakers and a front case speaker\microphone.

I have a driver that can use only rear speakers.

Cioè... che cosa funziona precisamente? ho la necessità di utilizzare tutte e 2 le entrate audio.

Hello,

I have installed Leopard 10.5.4 (with iATKOS v4.1i) on my ASUS P5Q3 motherboard.

I have completely fixed the graphics card issue (Asus EN9800GT) but I still have a problem with the sound.

Although sound is enabled (and I can listen to music for example) using the kexts above (P45audio package), there still remains a problem with the quality! :-(

It is very poor and every time (e.g.) a system sound rings, I hear a fuzzy sound like scrathing...

Has anyone else the same problem? I saw in the signatures of some of you, with the same motherboard, that you also mention stuff about sound not working completely etc

Any help is welcome!

Hello,

I have installed Leopard 10.5.4 (with iATKOS v4.1i) on my ASUS P5Q3 motherboard.

I have completely fixed the graphics card issue (Asus EN9800GT) but I still have a problem with the sound.

Although sound is enabled (and I can listen to music for example) using the kexts above (P45audio package), there still remains a problem with the quality! :-(

It is very poor and every time (e.g.) a system sound rings, I hear a fuzzy sound like scrathing...

Has anyone else the same problem? I saw in the signatures of some of you, with the same motherboard, that you also mention stuff about sound not working completely etc

Any help is welcome!

Apparently no help came... :(

But I found the solution accidentally, trying to figure why my system clock doesn't work properly.

So, this is the thread with the solution for all the above issues:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=112531

:-)

• 4 weeks later...
Here is the kext I modified to get basic sound out put out of my P5Q Deluxe/AD2000B. It's not going to have all the bells and whistles, or anything.

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

Hi nick,,

any progress right now?

i'm using your kext for maximus ii formula, it has same audio codec with yours and i have output sound

how bout input and the others?

would like to know if you maybe already have full working adi ad2000b now?

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!! Not only was I able to get 10.5.6 installed today (using kalyway vanilla on a p5q deluxe), I was also able to FINALLY get audio. Thanks!

Note: The audio only comes from the the front speaker (analog) output (green colored). There is no optical or digital sound.

I do notice some lag from the video to the sound but at least I've got sound!

Thanks!