Crysis on mac :)

Strelok

15 posts in this topic

For gaming, a small Windows partition never hurt anybody ;)

Really though, steer clear of Crysis. I could run it on high with 2-4x AA (can't remember) and on a decent resolution. It looked good but the gameplay was nothing to brag about and the story was very cliche. For shooters I would really recommend Half Life 2 (+Episode 1 and 2) and Bioshock, they're 30x more artistic and fun to play.

this is very bad ...

the other day will buy q6600 + ASUS p5k-pro + ATI MSI 4850

has been playing well on Vista

Bioshok and Half-life severely tired (

although I am most ardent fan of Macintosh and do not wish to move to a window;)

PS: has not yet appeared on the snow leopard pc?)))

Call of Duty 4 is awesome too.

On my 8800GT (full specs below) I can play Crysis in all High settings with no AA at 1680x1050. At 1024x768 you can play Crysis maxed out (except AA) on a system such as mine. AA does kill Crysis performance and does not add much to the way it looks. Personally I'd recommend running it with no AA unless you have a highend SLI/Crossfire setup in your rig. Also with Vista x64 you will get better performance running Crysis 64 bit, as the 64 bit version of Crysis gets about 15 to 18% better framerates then the 32 bit version.

im sad that after all the hype the media has been giving apple lately that game companies have not started releasing windows and mac versions of their games. some developers have made the move, but some big ones i would like to see is Valve (to have steam and play counter-strike, half life and all that good stuff).

im sad that after all the hype the media has been giving apple lately that game companies have not started releasing windows and mac versions of their games. some developers have made the move, but some big ones i would like to see is Valve (to have steam and play counter-strike, half life and all that good stuff).

Well in Valve's case for instance that would be a lot of work and require developer training. Also most older Macs and a lot of recent ones would only be able to play the games at low resolutions with low/medium settings since their graphics cards generally suck. Even a brand new iMac won't be able to play games (with the exception of the one with the 8800GS) on high quality with native resolution.

crysis is slow even on winblows, and you wanna run it with cider or vmware under mac? lol

Crysis isn't the real problem, I will admit that Crysis does take a hell of resources on a computer, and is badly BADLY coded(Excuse from Crytek was it was made for future hardware. LAME), but what really slows it down is people use things like AA, AF, Ultra Sample, HDR, vertical refresh, and the biggest one that people {censored} about Crysis's performance, is people on lets say an 8800GT, try to play the game at resolutions like 2560x1920, then use AA, AF, Ultra sample, and HDR.

Plus to me, I don't know about you, but Crysis is a terrible game. No enjoyable gameplay, AI is dumb as hell, and terrible at that, and has issues with a lot of hardware.

Crysis isn't the real problem, I will admit that Crysis does take a hell of resources on a computer, and is badly BADLY coded(Excuse from Crytek was it was made for future hardware. LAME), but what really slows it down is people use things like AA, AF, Ultra Sample, HDR, vertical refresh, and the biggest one that people {censored} about Crysis's performance, is people on lets say an 8800GT, try to play the game at resolutions like 2560x1920, then use AA, AF, Ultra sample, and HDR.

Plus to me, I don't know about you, but Crysis is a terrible game. No enjoyable gameplay, AI is dumb as hell, and terrible at that, and has issues with a lot of hardware.

what basis are you on when you draw this conclusion?

i think crysis is good enough, and is a high-end game that you couldn't argue about,,

if there're somebody who want to use just a 8800GT to play at a resolution 2560x1920,

they're dumb themselves but surely not the problems of the game.

excuse me? how could you say it's badly coded? i see someone play crysis with G7 series plus some optimisation at medium settings, they're doing just fine ...

what basis are you on when you draw this conclusion?

i think crysis is good enough, and is a high-end game that you couldn't argue about,,

if there're somebody who want to use just a 8800GT to play at a resolution 2560x1920,

they're dumb themselves but surely not the problems of the game.

excuse me? how could you say it's badly coded? i see someone play crysis with G7 series plus some optimisation at medium settings, they're doing just fine ...

For one, look at the AI, right there is a dead give away about the game. 2, performance. Performance was promised to be top notch on hardware before the game was released, but after the game was released, and current hardware had troubles playing it at high quality, Crytek changed their tune, saying again, the game was made for "future hardware". As for the high resolution ox 2560x1920, that's both the user, and game at fault. A lot more the users fault for running it with such hardware, and Crysis's fault for being so "optimized".

Plus, Crysis on Medium settings, is different compared to Crysis on high settings. Crysis on Medium Settings lacks a lot of features that High settings have. Texture features is one of them, Crysis looks good, but plays pretty crappy.

There was a Crysis porting utility 2 weeks ago.... Crytek pulled it off RapidShare.... But try CrysisPortUtil.pkg on the "usual" places. This just ports it over from Windows to Mac..... Or maybe it was MacPortUtilCrysis.pkg or something

do u know where this file is located

how many updates did the game get?

it's out of question that games developers are got paid by gpu manifacturers to not optimize the game on early versions, to raise the selling of new hardware.(i remember nvidia released 8800gt at the same time iirc)

i admit i haven't played crysis too much but i was forced to play it with low resolution.

maybe my rig is not bleeding edge but it's not garbage, and performances with this game are very poor