IDE Viewable in BIOS but not OSX

2 posts in this topic

So I got a GA-P35-DS3L and installed on a Seagate 250GB Sata with ACHI and SATA Native enabled. Bios picks up the IDE drive and recongnizes that it is in slave, but I can't see it in OSX. I went to disk utility and nothing. I've gone through all the posts in this SATA/IDE Controllers sector, but all i've seen is kexts to get all sata ports working in ACHI. Something else that I need to say is the IDE HD i'm trying to see, I to pull stuff off. It has osx already on it, but i messed something up on it and just want to pull some files off, you know be able to view it as an extra HD, then I'm going to reformat to just be able to save stuff on.

So I got a GA-P35-DS3L and installed on a Seagate 250GB Sata with ACHI and SATA Native enabled. Bios picks up the IDE drive and recongnizes that it is in slave, but I can't see it in OSX. I went to disk utility and nothing. I've gone through all the posts in this SATA/IDE Controllers sector, but all i've seen is kexts to get all sata ports working in ACHI. Something else that I need to say is the IDE HD i'm trying to see, I to pull stuff off. It has osx already on it, but i messed something up on it and just want to pull some files off, you know be able to view it as an extra HD, then I'm going to reformat to just be able to save stuff on.

EDIT: Figured it out. If anyone has the same problem, it's simply filling up the ide channel. THe problem was I had the IDE HD in slave mode rather than master. THen in bios i set my SATA to be first booted hd and that made it all work out.