Nomade

Nomade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
P5E-VM HDMI Install instructions

Here is how;

Kexts i used; (NOTE: not all those are required for boot, *=minimum requirement)

ACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleAC97Audio.kext
AppleAPIC.kext
AppleHDA.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
*dsmos.kext
*IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext
IONetworkFamily.kext
*SMBIOSEnabler.kext
ALCinject.kext
AppleDecrypt.kext
AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Not all might be necessary but it did not hurt me to have those, only those for me.

BIOS Settings;

Well, I have configure AHCI and jMicron, worked fine for me, that is all i can say.
Some said it worked only with IDE, again, yours to try whatever is best for you.

Tools you will need;
  • Chameleon DFE for Hard Drive (see 1st post)
  • EFIStudio (for the Graphics) ONLY USE AFTER 10.5.4 IS INSTALLED otherwise your system might not boot.
I used my modified version of CDBoot_RC2.sh to allow me to run everything from a subdirectory instead of having files at the root level, I also used the BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso image as I did not had the image referenced in the script.
In my script I also make sure that all kext are own by root:wheel, again not sure it is a necessary step.

Now you are ready;
  • Burn the image and boot it
  • at the prompt install the retail and install with whatever option you wish. I selected to install on the same disk that I am using as I had not enough space to backup my Users directories.
  • Boot again with the cd and select the drive you installed on (80, 81, 82 or whatever)
  • Install Chameleon DFE for Harddrive found on the 1st post.
  • Install the update (I used 10.5.3Combo then 10.5.4Update as I did not had 10.5.4Combo). I also did not install GraphicsUpdates 1.0 as it did not let me do it for some reasons.
  • once booted in 10.5.4, you can now use EFIStudio to generate the gfxstring for your card and modify the com.apple.Boot.plist
NOTES:
  • AppleHDA sound problem;

Had to copy ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA into the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder of the system disk.
    I had them into the /Extra/Extensions which get loaded by the Chameleon boot loader, but unfortunately those did not. probably because there is something missing at that point in time.

• Waiting for boot device UUID ADC743-0973-3E9C-9162-4F23590BF36C

Well, I had forgotten to install Chameleon_DFE for Hard Drive before the 10.5.3 update...
    I had to boot from another OS X disk (my test environment) then install Chameleon on that Leopard disk, then copy manually the /Extra from test to production. Then it booted ok without the CDROM. then did the 10.5.4 updates.

• Quick fix to stop the Partition boot prompt delay that force you to press enter

Edit the "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist"

add a section for Timeout as follow;
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>1</string>

This will give you a 1 second delay before booting the default, which should be your Retail Leopard install.
I've attached my version of the BIOS 604 (604LOGO) with Apple Boot Logo.
Also attached my CMOS to run at 3.81GHz with a E7200 proc.

THANKS TO ALL THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE[i]

Here are the attachments/files mentioned above; Enjoy

Attached Files

Edited by Nomade, 26 August 2008 - 08:57 AM.

Lisacat

Lisacat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Prepared for Asus P5K

This iso has been fully tested on an ASUS P5K motherboard, from OS X 10.5.0 & 10.5.4.

Working: Onboard ethernet, shut down/restart, PS/2 keyboard & mouse, JMicron IDE

Not working: Onboard audio

Kexts provided:
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
AppleDecrypt.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
Disabler.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
JMicronATA.kext
AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dgktomnx2gc

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
o hai...

turns out you can also include an alternative KERNEL on the ramdisk image, and boot the retail disc with that kernel...

that means that pre-Core SSE3 machines like mine (ie Pentium D, later Pentium 4 and Celeron D) *CAN* boot the retail DVD.

http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=869362

I can see this thread becoming a lot bigger as people start releasing pre-made ISOs with various kernels... :)

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

o hai...

turns out you can also include an alternative KERNEL on the ramdisk image, and boot the retail disc with that kernel...

that means that pre-Core SSE3 machines like mine (ie Pentium D, later Pentium 4 and Celeron D) *CAN* boot the retail DVD.

http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=869362

I can see this thread becoming a lot bigger as people start releasing pre-made ISOs with various kernels... :D

Nice contribution munky! :D

sensei730000

sensei730000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
is it Possible to some efistrings on a boot iso?? IF yes how?

Thanks in advance?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

is it Possible to some efistrings on a boot iso?? IF yes how?

Thanks in advance?

Nope, efi strings are copied in com.apple.boot.plist file. It should be possible (i guess) by modifying file's path in chameleon sources, but i don't know if it's really possible.
Download Chameleon sources then look into stringTables.c

sampledi

sampledi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
For GA-P35-DS3R question above:
- Set your HDDs to AHCI. Other important BIOS settings can be easily found on this forum
- Use this ISO image to boot: http://www.mediafire...2db6fb9a8902bda
- Format as GUID
- Install Retail Leopard
- Update
- Add drivers (use EFI studio for your 8800GT)

Tested and working.

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
EP35-DS3R ISO:

Extensions.mkext contents:
- AppleACPIPS2Nub
- AppleAHCIPort
- AppleDecrypt
- ApplePS2Controller
- Disabler
- HDAEnabler
- IOAHCIFamily
- IOATAFamily
- IONetworkingFamily
- JMicronATA
- OpenHaltRestart
- LegacyHDAController
- LegacyHDAPlatformDriver
- Natit
- RealtekR1000
- SMBIOSEnabler

Working: NV Graphics - Sound - Time Machine - PS2 devices - Sata/IDE/AHCI - Sleep - Restart/Shutdown with Vanilla kernel - Bonjour
Not working: ---

EP35-DS3R ISO's Menu:
Posted ImagePosted Image

http://www.mediafire...php?0gtttex5czn

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
please, there is a specific topic for help (cf first post).
Thanks.

RWE

RWE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

upd2: got it! 10.5.0 => 10.5.4, everything works fine. but can't see HD which are on SATA 3 and SATA 4... any suggestions?

Hi ampersAnd;

I had the same problem a while ago and decided to build my own iso. You could try the one i built.

Actually it includes same kexts as Toto1234's except one. I removed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and added AppleVIAATA.kext & IOATAFamily.kext. This way i am able to see the devices on 3rd and 4th SATA ports without any modifications on BIOS. - Actually default settings except memory remap.

Good luck.

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)
I made a BOOT-132 boot disc with a bunch of kexts. Whats different is that it allows you to boot the Mac OS X installation in VESA graphics mode. So, you can install even with an unsupported graphics card. I didn't see a disc like this before, so I made one because I needed it. Anyway, here is the ISO file: http://www.mediafire...mmo/boot132.iso

EDIT: Make sure to boot the DVD with -x otherwise it won't boot with VESA.

EDIT #2: That hurts real bad VittoZ. :)

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
This is a combination/compilation of various stuff built in slimbuild; inspired by, and including material from this thread.

it includes:
a selection of initrd's from here and elsewhere
chameleon 10.0.11 installer
realityiswhere's lifeboat13 installer
puredarwin
gparted

Posted Image Posted Image

It started out as one thing and has almost become another, it is far from perfect.

Although it will probably be superceded by more advanced projects being developed in secret, This is here now for anyone who wishes to play with it.

Download link (ISO): http://www.mediafire.com/?0i5nllzzdvd

Slimbuild project for above: http://www.mediafire...ulti_b6.tar.zip

This work is entirely derivative of the work of others.
boot-132 by DFE, Chameleon by Zef, Slimbuild by Galaxy, lifeboat13.pkg by realityiswhere. Thanks to sonotone & the contributors from this topic.

[edit 3rd.feb '09] works fine with 10.5.6 retail, the "alternative 1" option works great with p5gc-mx/1333, the precore option is broken.

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

This is a combination/compilation of various stuff built in slimbuild; inspired by, and including material from this thread.

[...]

boot-132 by DFE, Chameleon by Zef, Slimbuild by Galaxy, lifeboat13.pkg by realityiswhere. Thanks to sonotone & the contributors from this topic.

Hi Hagar, good idea to make an All-in-One ISO!
I think it will be nice to try to support wide range of hardware as possible. I plan, but haven't to much time yet, to make an installer dedicated to DFE 132 last boot; since audio can be supported it make sense. Why not to merge all of this in one ISO..., the PRE-Boot part and the POST-Boot part.

@booger_sniffer50...

i still don't know for what your ISO is designed, and what is inside.

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

Hi Hagar, good idea to make an All-in-One ISO!
I think it will be nice to try to support wide range of hardware as possible. I plan, but haven't to much time yet, to make an installer dedicated to DFE 132 last boot; since audio can be supported it make sense. Why not to merge all of this in one ISO..., the PRE-Boot part and the POST-Boot part.

@booger_sniffer50...

i still don't know for what your ISO is designed, and what is inside.

Its an iso that has the kexts from generic.iso and a kext that allows you to boot in VESA graphics mode (if your graphics card isn't supported). It isn't anything special, but I figured I would save people some work if they needed the same kind of thing I did.

zoxo

zoxo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L mobo and am using 10.5.4 installer. Is a boot iso available for this mobo? I tried p35.iso with no luck (Could not format 2nd sata hard drive using Disk Utility). Tried install with and without AHCI selected in bios. Have nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (500 MB VRAM) video card and built in ALC 888 audio chip.

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 installed perfectly including video & audio drivers.

Help sincerely appreciated.

monkeysr

monkeysr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
grub-dfe.iso allows me to boot to my OS X partition, which is wonderful. Without it, this would be impossible.

However, my laptop is an ASUS U6V which has one of the bad bioses. My bios contains the offending "Alias" lines. More Information on ASUS BIOS "Alias" issue

I have downloaded the latest bios for my laptop, and I have gone through the arduous process of editing and compiling a mac-friendly DSDT.aml file. How to modify your ASUS bios

I do not wish to risk flashing my bios. Instead, I wish to use the Chameleon patch that tricks OS X into using a custom bios (DSDT.aml). Chameleon Patch Thread

"Patching" Chameleon consists of replacing the "boot" file on the root of the OS X partition.

In the case of grub-dfe.iso, one would replace the "boot" file in /boot.

I have done this, but I then get the error: '"com.apple.Boot.Slist" not found'

I assume this is because the default "boot" file in grub-dfe.iso contains necessary information. By replacing the default "boot" file with the patched file, this information is lost.

I also tried merging the default "boot" file with the patched "boot" file. This just caused my laptop to reboot endlessly.

Can anyone tell me how to find the "patched" piece in the patched "boot" file, and add it to the default grub-dfe.iso "boot" file?

It would be awesome if I could finally boot into OS X. :)

Patched "boot" file: boot.zip

Andrew 367

Andrew 367

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Intel DP35DP_ISO (P35 Chipset): http://www.mediafire.com/?wdnryvh8w7h
Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.
:blink: :) :D

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
You have to remember that Nvidia 8xxx need 10.5.2 minimum to be supported, and boot the system.

Andrew 367: thanks for pointing this, i'll remove it if the author don't reupload it.

Also for people with P45 boards: if you have any success please share your ISOs. thanks.

locossaurorex

locossaurorex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
For notebook based on Intel 945 chipset and graphics gma950
with support for battery.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fm41oygtvg5

PsyD@f`Ke

PsyD@f`Ke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes you're right, it's DS3L instead of R... but, for sure, it will works for you're board, even the EP35 DS3R should be ok.

Peoples with Gigabyte P45 Dxxx:
Someone can try this Extensions.mkext: http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=37082
You need ALC889a and Nvidia Graphics.
Please, give feedbacks.

Tried your mkext in extra-folder... get better results w/ P35-DS3R iso mkext; with yours audio isn't working and internal drive shows as external (without usb logo)

thanks anyway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy