Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

I have a HP Pavilion a6750f and I'm just trying anything to get it to work. I've come to the conclusion that I will have to mod one of the flavors of OSX86 to fit my hardware. I've had parshall success with ideneb getting past all error but I never make it to the cool mac "welcome" animation.

Could some one please just point me in the right direction.

here are the specs.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...428&lang=en

-Thanks

-Lostfootage

hi all,

i have managed to install SnowLeopard(10.6.2) universal Distro 3.6 on my ASUS P5PE-VM mobo with the following softwares.

1) boot loader – asus_p5w-dh_boot132.iso – with the string : cpus=1 -x -v

2) Snow Leopard universal distro v3.6

but after installation on first boot the cursor blinks at the following line… and no progress for hours

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132_dfe_r146

503MB memory

VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel®865G Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS)

Loading Darwin/x86

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] From 422ed40.

Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] From 422ed40.

_

can anyone guide me whats going wrong with the booting process.

I have tried with the following

1) Booted through Darwin Universal booter [failed].- grey apple screen with spining wheel

2) Reinstalled OSX - grey apple screen with spining wheel on first boot.

3) Booted with flags : cpus=1 -x -v, - grey apple screen with spining wheel on first boot.

My Hardware Spec

---------------------

MotherBoard - Asus P5PE-VM BIOS version 1501.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz

Ram - 512 MB SDRAM Hynix Memory Module.

HDD - Seagate 40GB IDE (7 Years Old) - no problem found using DiskUtility and formated with GUID Partition table

DVD ROM - LG SATA DVD + RW

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mac.manoj

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the multiple posts. But Im desprate.

My Rig M1530 Dell

I need an ISO for this setup. As all the ISOs I have tried fail with the msg.

Can not load OS X on this computer.

I can run disk util.

Also what Bios settings do I need to use ?

Internal Network card on or off

Speed step on or off

Virtualisation on or off ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have an ASrock Conroe 1333-D667 R1.0 Motherboard and tried to install Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail with boot-132 discs, i tried 3 different boot-132 discs, 2 from blackosx and 1 generic and none of them seem to work, as soon as I swap in my Leopard retail disc it just hangs at the grey apple screen. Any ideas? I currently have Kalyway's 10.5.2 running smoothly and would like to know how i can get SL installed.

Motherboard: Asrock Conroe 1333-D667

CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.00Ghz (dual core)

HDD: Maxtor 250GB SATA

Memory: 3GB Kingston DDR2

Current Bios V1.30

Hey guys, I have an ASrock Conroe 1333-D667 R1.0 Motherboard and tried to install Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail with boot-132 discs, i tried 3 different boot-132 discs, 2 from blackosx and 1 generic and none of them seem to work, as soon as I swap in my Leopard retail disc it just hangs at the grey apple screen. Any ideas? I currently have Kalyway's 10.5.2 running smoothly and would like to know how i can get SL installed.

Motherboard: Asrock Conroe 1333-D667

CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.00Ghz (dual core)

HDD: Maxtor 250GB SATA

Memory: 3GB Kingston DDR2

Current Bios V1.30

just tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] aswell, and get kernel panics, even with -x flag!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have been reading many topics & setup instructions but i just dont get it. im not technically informed & wish to get some help on building a powerful mac to use with video & music editing software

Harware

Giga EX58-UD3R

i7920

6gig Cosair Hyper Thread over 3 slots (still need to get one more to make total of 8gig)

Geforce 9800 GXT+

2x STATA WD Cav Green 1TB Internal HD

Apple Wireless Keyboard

Magic Mouse

Mac OSX Snow Leopard (Retail DVD)

Have followed http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...200183&st=0 tutorial (dont get this kext's talk & what i need to install) & installed using Retail DVD & it worked but i dont know how to get my drivers installed.

Im sure your not supposed to just boot retail CD & then do retail install & thats it. so plz help so i can get my hackintosh working correctly. if my specs are not powerfull enough to handle video/photo & music editing/production plz advise on higher performance specs.

Thanx