Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

hi! new here...

2n01c, i also have a gx700. haven't had any luck with this method yet, i get stuck at something like "using something something headers something something clusters" when i boot with -f or without -f one line later at "starting dsmos" or something.

i have leo4allv3 running (but only with cpus=1) with the old appleacpiplatform i think. so i tried to put that in the extensions folder, but that didn't wok either. i get all these messages saying skipping/replacing duplicate extension such and such. so i think that could be part of the problem. maybe somebody has an idea...i don't know, like how to force it to use the old extension and not skip it or replace it. anyway i will keep trying and let you know when i have any success.

Ok, here's the GA-965P-DS3 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mhcjwpmfdy

That should work for most other P965 chipsets too...

Edit:

I've also edited the Kext versions so you wont need to boot with -v -f anymore, just -v. :)

Hi Sabr,

I downloaded your ISO and attempted to install. I'm the NOOB with the Intel DG965WH. The good news is that the error I was receiving, "Couldn't alloc class AppleACPIPS2Nub", has gone away with your ISO! The first part of the install recognized my mouse, etc.

The bad news, is that I cannot get past the waiting for root device area of the install. It just continues to state "Still waiting for root device". I'm using all SATA drives (CD/DVD and HDD). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Hi Sabr,

I downloaded your ISO and attempted to install. I'm the NOOB with the Intel DG965WH. The good news is that the error I was receiving, "Couldn't alloc class AppleACPIPS2Nub", has gone away with your ISO! The first part of the install recognized my mouse, etc.

The bad news, is that I cannot get past the waiting for root device area of the install. It just continues to state "Still waiting for root device". I'm using all SATA drives (CD/DVD and HDD). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Only thing I can suggest is booting with -v -f and/or go into your BIOS settings and change your SATA mode to AHCI. If that doesn't work, try using a different SATA port.

Let me know how you get on.

- Sabr.

Does any one tried with Intel DG33TLM mobo? ^_^

I've tried many .iso- including generic, BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY etc, but no success.. :)

If anyone tried please let me know.........

thanx... :)

My spec:

Pro-C2D 3 Ghz 45nm

Mobo-DG33TL

Ram-2gb 800bus

Gfx-Ati radeon HD2600XT

I have the following hardware (perfectly working with Leo4all V3):

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Core 2 Quad Q6600

Geforce 8800GT 512MB

I used generic.iso and BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso. I did not change anything with these 2 iso.

With generic.iso I am able to boot the retail leopard DVD but after few minutes I get the messages (in different languages) asking me to reboot the system.......so it does not work

With BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso I am able to boot the retail leopard DVD but after few minutes I see a DENIED symbol (like the denied symbol on the road).......so it does not work.

Did someone change some kexts in the iso to use this motherboard ? What do I need to add or delete in the iso to install the dvd correctly ?

My SATA HD is NOT configured as AHCI (as with osx86).

Thanks

Ok, here's the GA-965P-DS3 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mhcjwpmfdy

That should work for most other P965 chipsets too...

Edit:

I've also edited the Kext versions so you wont need to boot with -v -f anymore, just -v. :)

Hello Sabr,

I have downloaded the iso and burned it on the DVD-RW and on the boot I got

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-4-10:Image checksum failed, sorry...

Press any key to retry

..or something along those lines. When I try to press something it does nothing. Only thing that seems to work is CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Same thing happened with the generic.iso burned onto CD-RW.

My config is:

ASUS P5B-VM(Intel G965 with ICH8)

Core 2 Duo E6600

IDE Optiarc DVD-RW drive connected to JMicron 363

I have no problem booting any other CD/DVD - various linuxes, Leo4All(with chameleon efi) and of course WinXP ;)

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks

here you go, this is for the GA-P35-DS4, i think it might work for you too

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4

two things:

1. audio not working (i use external firewire)

2. with my evga 8800 GTX i have to put nvinject in the S/L/Extensions , not in the iso, or else i loose quartz

elastic,

i ruined my hack last week by trying to update. i couldnt get my backup to startup and for some strange reason i could never get kalyway installed. well, i tried your custom iso and i booted up to the backup nicely. thanks for uploading it. it seems kinda slow, so im going to have to mess around with it. i haven't tested anything but the wireless pci card and it works flawlessly.

what would i have to do to make the backup bootable without the cd?

to make a custom img, could i just take the file in that img and add them to a custom img then replace the original one with the new one?

what about making a bootable usb drive, how would i go about doing that?

thanks for the help guys. and boot-132 is off the chain!!!

hi

it didn't work for me everything seems to load fine but inever passes the blue screen, the cursor doesn't even apear so it didn't work

i've tried on a pavillion (centrino core duo, gma945,) and a vaio (p4 ht 2.6ghz nvidia gforce 6250)

Hello Sabr,

I have downloaded the iso and burned it on the DVD-RW and on the boot I got

ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-4-10:Image checksum failed, sorry...

Press any key to retry

..or something along those lines. When I try to press something it does nothing. Only thing that seems to work is CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Same thing happened with the generic.iso burned onto CD-RW.

My config is:

ASUS P5B-VM(Intel G965 with ICH8)

Core 2 Duo E6600

IDE Optiarc DVD-RW drive connected to JMicron 363

I have no problem booting any other CD/DVD - various linuxes, Leo4All(with chameleon efi) and of course WinXP -_-

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks

I got this problem when I used some different SATA BIOS settings (can't remember what exactly). But I changed them back to their original settings (IDE) and then the CD would boot ok. You could try that...

Ok guys - I have made the 'ultimate' kext configuration for the GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (this should also work for most other P965 chipset motherboards). Also - make sure you connect your HD up to the purple SATA ports (the JMicron ones, instead of the ICH8 ones). The disk read/write speeds are much faster!

This is it:

picture1au3.jpg

If anyone is struggling with making the ISO, I can upload this one. I've still yet to play with the version.plist files inside the kexts - in the meantime, you will need to boot with -v -f (only when booting the retail DVD. After installation you can boot with just -v).

- Sabr.

P.s.

Disk test with HD connected to ICH8 SATA port (orange one):

picture2qa5.jpg

Disk test with HD connected to JMicron SATA port (purple one):

picture3ak9.jpg

As you can see, using the JMicron SATA port improves disk test performance... I think this is down to which kext is used. IOATAFamily.kext is used for ICH8 (orange), whereas JMicronATA.kext is used for JMicron (purple).

sabr what did you use to run the performance test on your disk since installing retail OS X i have noticed a poor performance very slow compared to when i used kalyway

I got this problem when I used some different SATA BIOS settings (can't remember what exactly). But I changed them back to their original settings (IDE) and then the CD would boot ok. You could try that...

Tried every SATA related setting in my BIOS and nothing worked. Tommorow I'll hook it up through my USB2.0 HD Enclosure and we'll see...

sabr what did you use to run the performance test on your disk since installing retail OS X i have noticed a poor performance very slow compared to when i used kalyway

XBench.

Tried every SATA related setting in my BIOS and nothing worked. Tommorow I'll hook it up through my USB2.0 HD Enclosure and we'll see...

Ok, let me know how it goes...

I have a badaxe2 motherboard and when I try to use the boot-132 bootloader I get an isolinux checksum error and am asked to press any key to retry. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

here you go, this is for the GA-P35-DS4, i think it might work for you too

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4

two things:

1. audio not working (i use external firewire)

2. with my evga 8800 GTX i have to put nvinject in the S/L/Extensions , not in the iso, or else i loose quartz

can you post what is in this i cant open it like the other .img i need to know xbench disk results went from 5.5ish to 82

i still have no audio and this iso wont let me past 1024x768 but the speed is a huge step

installed nvkush fixed screen resolution.

Only thing I can suggest is booting with -v -f and/or go into your BIOS settings and change your SATA mode to AHCI. If that doesn't work, try using a different SATA port.

Let me know how you get on.

- Sabr.

Hi Sabr,

Me again, NOOB with Intel DG965WH. I went back before changing anything in my BIOS and tried both -v and -v -f with your ISO. I got the same results, "waiting for root device" over and over.

Then I went into the BIOS and changed from RAID to ACHI. This time, the install (using either -v and -v -f) gets me to the Select Language install screen. My mouse pointer will NOT move, but the keyboard appears to work because I can TAB between screen options, press spacebar to select, use arrows (up/down) to cycle through selections, etc. Quick note, I was using a wireless keyboard/mouse combination through a KVI swith, and I have removed all of them and retried with wired PS2 keyboard and mouse as well, same results.

During the verbose installation, I paid closer attention to the comments and noticed other items that could be failures, but I just don't know if these could be affecting my situation completely. Ironically, I do see an item that says a mouse was found, go figure. Anyhow, here's a list of the items I see in the initial verbose install (sorry if I didn't capture the words perfectly):

*** ApplePCPIPPlatform has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** ApplePCIConfigurator has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** Failed to count number of files in /System/Library/StartupItems

*** CoreRAIDServer not responding

*** Lots of warnings/errors regarding mDNSResponder and MACH communication (I suppose this is related to on board LAN card not working or something)

Any further suggestions for me?

If not, is there a known Motherboard/CPU combination that works completely with this new method for installing retail Leopard? I suppose I should just upgrade my motherboard to something that will work, but would appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Scott

Hello Everyone!

I'm a macbook user who is now trying to install mac os x on another computer.

I've burned the "generic.iso"-file to a dvd-rw and thats were it all ends working. During the Loading of the kernal: the pc asks for a boot device, which should be the dvd-reader where I've put the org leopard disc.

But it dont know which two numbers I should write(worth keeping in mind is that 80/81 doesn't even function)

What should I do, did I burn the iso-file wrong?

Thanks for the OS86 project!

//Marc

Hi Sabr,

Me again, NOOB with Intel DG965WH. I went back before changing anything in my BIOS and tried both -v and -v -f with your ISO. I got the same results, "waiting for root device" over and over.

Then I went into the BIOS and changed from RAID to ACHI. This time, the install (using either -v and -v -f) gets me to the Select Language install screen. My mouse pointer will NOT move, but the keyboard appears to work because I can TAB between screen options, press spacebar to select, use arrows (up/down) to cycle through selections, etc. Quick note, I was using a wireless keyboard/mouse combination through a KVI swith, and I have removed all of them and retried with wired PS2 keyboard and mouse as well, same results.

During the verbose installation, I paid closer attention to the comments and noticed other items that could be failures, but I just don't know if these could be affecting my situation completely. Ironically, I do see an item that says a mouse was found, go figure. Anyhow, here's a list of the items I see in the initial verbose install (sorry if I didn't capture the words perfectly):

*** ApplePCPIPPlatform has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** ApplePCIConfigurator has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement has immediate dependencies on com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi, use only one style;

*** Failed to count number of files in /System/Library/StartupItems

*** CoreRAIDServer not responding

*** Lots of warnings/errors regarding mDNSResponder and MACH communication (I suppose this is related to on board LAN card not working or something)

Any further suggestions for me?

If not, is there a known Motherboard/CPU combination that works completely with this new method for installing retail Leopard? I suppose I should just upgrade my motherboard to something that will work, but would appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Scott

Hey. So changing to AHCI allowed you to boot to the installation but you weren't able to get very far sine you have no mouse?

Ok, so obviosuly it doesn't like your mouse PS2 input. So you need to try a USB mouse (preferably wired).

The errors that you are getting are the same ones I got - no need to worry about them, since I managed to do a proper install with them, so...

But yeah, you need to get a USB mouse at least (your keyboard works, so that's ok I guess).

Let me know what happens,

- Sabr.

Hey. So changing to AHCI allowed you to boot to the installation but you weren't able to get very far sine you have no mouse?

Ok, so obviosuly it doesn't like your mouse PS2 input. So you need to try a USB mouse (preferably wired).

The errors that you are getting are the same ones I got - no need to worry about them, since I managed to do a proper install with them, so...

But yeah, you need to get a USB mouse at least (your keyboard works, so that's ok I guess).

Let me know what happens,

- Sabr.

I will pickup a USB Keyboard and Mouse tomorrow, cause I think I'd prefer both anyway. I reply back and let you know how things work out. Thanks so much for listening and sticking with me through this.

What about sound and internet? Did you get onboard sound and LAN to work, or did you have to add in new cards to get it to work. If so, which ones did you install?

Thanks again,

Scott

Hi there,

using the generic.iso everything worked flawless (beside sound) oob, after installing 10.5 Retail.

Now, i updated to 10.5.4 and QE/CI is broken. The string in com.apple.Boot.plist (which worked before) doesn´t seem to any more :(

Is it for the reason that the framebuffer.kext and nvkush within the .iso are kind of incompatible to 10.5.4 ? I could need a little hint where to search now ...

Goron

Hi there,

using the generic.iso everything worked flawless (beside sound) oob, after installing 10.5 Retail.

Now, i updated to 10.5.4 and QE/CI is broken. The string in com.apple.Boot.plist (which worked before) doesn´t seem to any more :(

Is it for the reason that the framebuffer.kext and nvkush within the .iso are kind of incompatible to 10.5.4 ? I could need a little hint where to search now ...

Goron

i am stuck without sound as well any help would great onboard audio ALC889A however my QE is working.

I'm a HUGE noob at this so any help would be much appreciated.

I tried using generic.iso, and swapped the CD for the Leopard Install DVD, but I seem to be stalling during (or after) kext loading (in verbose mode; gray background with spinning dial in graphic mode). It stalls exactly after 2 lines of Apple16*************...

These are the specs I'm trying to run with:

Intel Core 2 Q6600

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R

EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS (256 MB)

Pioneer 212D DVD-RW

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11

Are there any kext files inherently missing from generic.iso's initrd.img that I need based on my system? Thanks in advance.

I will pickup a USB Keyboard and Mouse tomorrow, cause I think I'd prefer both anyway. I reply back and let you know how things work out. Thanks so much for listening and sticking with me through this.

What about sound and internet? Did you get onboard sound and LAN to work, or did you have to add in new cards to get it to work. If so, which ones did you install?

Thanks again,

Scott

Onboard LAN works out of the box, and there is a patch made for my onboard sound already.

Your onboard sound (SigmaTel STAC9271) has a patch. If you do as search, you will find many motherboards with that onboard sound codec. Having a look here: http://www.osx86library.com/hardware/view.php?id=199 tells you what patch to use for sound. Having a look around for a driver for your onboard LAN doesn't look promising. However, you can find various cheap LAN cards that are compatible and do the job properly. :jerry:

- Sabr.

@gummy182:

I have GA-EP35-DS4 and I had the same problem. I solved by using this iso (thanks to ELASTIC).

Generic.iso and other iso did not work for me. Try to use the iso I suggested you.

Regards

Thanks overflow1972, I was able to get Leopard to install (though it complained about not being able to find the startup disk at the end).

Some issues that I encountered:

-I restarted the system after setting the startup disk to be the main hard drive. However, the computer wasn't able to detect the OS automatically (I had to boot into OS X manually via Boot Device).

-System Profiler "thinks" the computer is an iMac... is there any way to fix this?

-Currently I still need to install the proper nVidia driver, audio driver, and (missing?) firewire driver.

-Computer suffered a kernel panic when attempting to shutdown. Do I need a patch?

But again, thank you for getting my system (somewhat) up and running :jerry: