Modified boot-132 Bootloader

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

Sabr, I have the same mobo as you. What are the kexts you needed to add to make the install work? Was it just the JMicronATA.kext? Or did you need others for sound and network and such. Thanks for any info.

Hey, this is what I used:

Posted Image

You wont need all of those to boot the DVD. But that's what I'm currently experimenting with, to find the perfect set of kext's for the GA-965P-DS3.

The patched JMicronATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext are important. You must also boot with -v -f, otherwise it won't load all the kext's.

- Sabr.

lilos

lilos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

i've got a problem loading my audio kext too. it's azalia. i checked the boot log and it shows that it could not alloc the kext

Yes some kext load some not i don`t know why.

If i use my IntelFramebuufer kext he not load i chek kextstat after restart ...

One Q if i have two same named kext one on usbboot and one in extension folder who kext will be used ?

I was delete intelfremebufer kext from my extension folder and put other intelframebufer kext to my usbbootloader but not load when i copy it to extension folder it`s load.

j o e l

j o e l

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
hey Sabr, did you get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to load? because i cant get mine to load :S

anibalin

anibalin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

has anyone tried this on a ds3l? how bout we make custom intird.dmg files for each type of motherboard?
would that be legal? i'll make one for ds3l but i have to get it running first.

I believe it would be great to have this organized by mainboard, so, say ds3l users knows what kekts to use, p5k users, etc etc.
Just a thought.
Respect.

ottoman1384

ottoman1384

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I believe it would be great to have this organized by mainboard, so, say ds3l users knows what kekts to use, p5k users, etc etc.
Just a thought.
Respect.

yes, that would make things so much easier for noobs like me. it would also clear a lot of these threads regarding boot-123. i'm willing to work on the ds3l, but need my original kalyway 10.5.2 up and running again.

my hackintosh got borked after trying to install kalyway 10.5.3 update.

i have a backup of my OS but it wont boot up. still working on it.

elastic

elastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
i don't know why, but nvinject only gives me quartz extreme when it's installed in /System/Library/Extensions

i tried nvinject, nvkush, both don't give me quartz when in the USB / CD bootloader initrd.img

anyway, i think i'm going to leave it like this.. after all, nvinject on the vanilla system doesn't mess with software updates

adrian mak

adrian mak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
my display card is 8800GT (G92 core)
By the first release of leopard 10.5, it doesn't fully support 8800GT.
I successful install leopard with kalway dvd plus beta display driver after installation.

With this boot loader to install the retail leo dvd , how to solve the display card problem ?

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

hey Sabr, did you get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to load? because i cant get mine to load :S

I don't use the kext. I have no need for it. The only reason is it in there is because that's what came with the generic.iso initrd.img.

Tim Smart

Tim Smart

1337 15 4 children!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Is there any noticeable change in performance using this installation method?

FabricioGS

FabricioGS

Hackint0sh Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

yes, that would make things so much easier for noobs like me. it would also clear a lot of these threads regarding boot-123. i'm willing to work on the ds3l, but need my original kalyway 10.5.2 up and running again.

Another vote to organize the images or information by motherboard or chipset on the 1st topic :)

Geeze

Geeze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 83 posts
I am having some very limited success, but now I am stuck: I am using the generic.iso image. It loads fine. I am able to start retail DVD with no problems. But after a minute or so of spinning wheel I end up at the BSD. This is exactly what happens when I have tried to upgrade using the Kaly 10.5.3 updater. Exactly. I am trying this on my laptop first and it has GMA 950 and I am wondering if that has something to do with it. Any suggestions.

Also, moderators, there needs to be a sticky regarding this method somewhere. This is the future of legit OSX86. I am fair at writing guides. Once I get it working on my machine I will be happy to write out a step by step guide.

Thanks,

Geeze

raydrfan

raydrfan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello. Bear with me because this is the first time I've attempted installing Leopard on a PC. I'm facinated by all the threads and discussions I've read -- I've used alot of the information to attempt my install. I have failed thus far.

I tried doing this two different ways:

1st -- Downloaded the ORIGINAL project ISO, created a bootable CD. The bootloader is successful, after I switch out the CD for the OSX Install Disk (retail version), I attempt to boot from the CD. I am using the -v -f options. My system gets to a point where I see a repeating message "still waiting for root device". Using the verbose mode, I do see other errors, most notably "Couldn't alloc class AppleACPIPS2Nub". My system never leaves this screen whatsoever.

2nd -- Downloaded the GENERIC project ISO, created a bootable CD. I do the same steps as 1st try above. My system actually gets to the OSX screen where it asks me to select a Language. However, my mouse nor keyboard work. I have a feeling based on what I've read on the board, that this could be related to the "Couldn't alloc class ApplyACPIPS2Nub" error. Also, using the verbose mode using this method, I also see errors related to network setup (probably because I don't have the right configuration for my on-board network card).

Obviously, I was excited to get to the Language selection screen! That's the furthest I've gone -- and now I'm stuck. Given I'm not familiar with adding ktexts, etc, I thought I would first put a message out to see if anyone has succesfully got this to work for my motherboard setup. Here's my computer details:

Intel DG965WH Motherboard (Intel G965 Express Chipset)
Intel Core 2 Due CPU 4400 (2.00 ghz)
6GB ram memory
1 sata dvd/cd
3 sata harddrives (1 non-raided (this is where I want Vista and OSX installed), 2 raided (data only))
On board audio (SigmatTel STAC9271)
On board network (Intel 82566DC gigabit)
On board video (disabled)
On board RAID controller (Intel 82801HR/HH/HO SATA)
PCIE Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (256MB)

I have disabled Serial and Parallel in BIOS, and have even tried disabiling USB thinking the install was experiencing a conflict between PS2 and USB.

Has anyone installed retail Leopard with this or a similar configuration and would be willing to share steps and or modified ISO(s)?

I appreciate any help or guidance provided.

Regards,
Scott

puckslinger

puckslinger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hey Guys,

I have a working boot CD, after swapping out with retail the Darwin loader (this part / - \ | / - \ | )
takes forever, when it does finish i get the gray screen with the dark gray apple in the middle, then nothing happens from there. no mouse no loading nothing just sits there... is there a kext or something that I'm missing? I'm stuck! any ideas? Thanks.

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
Ok guys - I have made the 'ultimate' kext configuration for the GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (this should also work for most other P965 chipset motherboards). Also - make sure you connect your HD up to the purple SATA ports (the JMicron ones, instead of the ICH8 ones). The disk read/write speeds are much faster!

This is it:

Posted Image

If anyone is struggling with making the ISO, I can upload this one. I've still yet to play with the version.plist files inside the kexts - in the meantime, you will need to boot with -v -f (only when booting the retail DVD. After installation you can boot with just -v).

- Sabr.

P.s.

Disk test with HD connected to ICH8 SATA port (orange one):

Posted Image

Disk test with HD connected to JMicron SATA port (purple one):

Posted Image

As you can see, using the JMicron SATA port improves disk test performance... I think this is down to which kext is used. IOATAFamily.kext is used for ICH8 (orange), whereas JMicronATA.kext is used for JMicron (purple).

JT@T

JT@T

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I install kalway 10.5.2 successfully on my laptop Toshiba L40. When I see this topic, try to install Leopard , but it's failed.

here is what i do

1.burn generic.iso on topic #1
2.boot from cd
3.when darwin prompt , press esc
4.swap to put Mac Leopard Retail DVD
5.press enter
6.about 10 minutes later , it shows up blue color screen, then it stoped.

Q1: i install kalway successfully, is that menas i can install Retail Leopard , if I put correct kexts into initrd.img ?

Q2:how do I chenk what kexts that must put into initrd.img?

I have read this topic from page 1 to page 14, but I have no idea,

somebody can help me?

forgive my poor english

Toshib L40 spec
CPU Intel Celeron M 520(1.6GHz)
Chip Mobile IntelR 943GML
VGA Mobile Intel® 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family

ottoman1384

ottoman1384

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok guys - I have made the 'ultimate' kext configuration for the GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (this should also work for most other P965 chipset motherboards). Also - make sure you connect your HD up to the purple SATA ports (the JMicron ones, instead of the ICH8 ones). The disk read/write speeds are much faster!

This is it:

Posted Image

If anyone is struggling with making the ISO, I can upload this one. I've still yet to play with the version.plist files inside the kexts - in the meantime, you will need to boot with -v -f (only when booting the retail DVD. After installation you can boot with just -v).

- Sabr.

P.s.

Disk test with HD connected to ICH8 SATA port (orange one):

Posted Image

Disk test with HD connected to JMicron SATA port (purple one):

Posted Image

As you can see, using the JMicron SATA port improves disk test performance... I think this is down to which kext is used. IOATAFamily.kext is used for ICH8 (orange), whereas JMicronATA.kext is used for JMicron (purple).

can you please upload the iso? would this work for ds3l?
do you know if its a problem if you have an IDE hdd or dvd drive?
does it all have to be sata?

thanks

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

can you please upload the iso? would this work for ds3l?
do you know if its a problem if you have an IDE hdd or dvd drive?
does it all have to be sata?

thanks

I'll upload the ISO tomorrow. I used an IDE DVD drive to install. It works fine so long as you boot with -v -f. However, you're motherboard doesn't share the same chipset as mine, so you must find out what SATA/IDE controllers you have and use the appropriate kext's for them.

Fatherless One

Fatherless One

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Total NOOB question (I suppose) :)

Once I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso how do I create a bootable CD using Toast? Or should I use a windows based program?
Where do I insert (for need for a better word) the alcinject and NVinject for my hardware?

Thanks in advance,
Alan.

titooo

titooo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Hello people,

I can isntall it on my laptop, but the keyboard and trackpad don't work. It just works on Darwin screen.
Has anyone been able to get the keyboard working on a laptop? Could you please uplaod the .iso you used?

Thanks

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

Total NOOB question (I suppose) :lol:

Once I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso how do I create a bootable CD using Toast? Or should I use a windows based program?
Where do I insert (for need for a better word) the alcinject and NVinject for my hardware?

Thanks in advance,
Alan.

There are instructions in this topic: http://forum.insanel...howtopic=113288

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy