Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

i don't know why, but nvinject only gives me quartz extreme when it's installed in /System/Library/Extensions

i tried nvinject, nvkush, both don't give me quartz when in the USB / CD bootloader initrd.img

anyway, i think i'm going to leave it like this.. after all, nvinject on the vanilla system doesn't mess with software updates

my display card is 8800GT (G92 core)

By the first release of leopard 10.5, it doesn't fully support 8800GT.

I successful install leopard with kalway dvd plus beta display driver after installation.

With this boot loader to install the retail leo dvd , how to solve the display card problem ?

hey Sabr, did you get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to load? because i cant get mine to load :S

I don't use the kext. I have no need for it. The only reason is it in there is because that's what came with the generic.iso initrd.img.

yes, that would make things so much easier for noobs like me. it would also clear a lot of these threads regarding boot-123. i'm willing to work on the ds3l, but need my original kalyway 10.5.2 up and running again.

Another vote to organize the images or information by motherboard or chipset on the 1st topic :)

I am having some very limited success, but now I am stuck: I am using the generic.iso image. It loads fine. I am able to start retail DVD with no problems. But after a minute or so of spinning wheel I end up at the BSD. This is exactly what happens when I have tried to upgrade using the Kaly 10.5.3 updater. Exactly. I am trying this on my laptop first and it has GMA 950 and I am wondering if that has something to do with it. Any suggestions.

Also, moderators, there needs to be a sticky regarding this method somewhere. This is the future of legit OSX86. I am fair at writing guides. Once I get it working on my machine I will be happy to write out a step by step guide.

Thanks,

Geeze

Hello. Bear with me because this is the first time I've attempted installing Leopard on a PC. I'm facinated by all the threads and discussions I've read -- I've used alot of the information to attempt my install. I have failed thus far.

I tried doing this two different ways:

1st -- Downloaded the ORIGINAL project ISO, created a bootable CD. The bootloader is successful, after I switch out the CD for the OSX Install Disk (retail version), I attempt to boot from the CD. I am using the -v -f options. My system gets to a point where I see a repeating message "still waiting for root device". Using the verbose mode, I do see other errors, most notably "Couldn't alloc class AppleACPIPS2Nub". My system never leaves this screen whatsoever.

2nd -- Downloaded the GENERIC project ISO, created a bootable CD. I do the same steps as 1st try above. My system actually gets to the OSX screen where it asks me to select a Language. However, my mouse nor keyboard work. I have a feeling based on what I've read on the board, that this could be related to the "Couldn't alloc class ApplyACPIPS2Nub" error. Also, using the verbose mode using this method, I also see errors related to network setup (probably because I don't have the right configuration for my on-board network card).

Obviously, I was excited to get to the Language selection screen! That's the furthest I've gone -- and now I'm stuck. Given I'm not familiar with adding ktexts, etc, I thought I would first put a message out to see if anyone has succesfully got this to work for my motherboard setup. Here's my computer details:

Intel DG965WH Motherboard (Intel G965 Express Chipset)

Intel Core 2 Due CPU 4400 (2.00 ghz)

6GB ram memory

1 sata dvd/cd

3 sata harddrives (1 non-raided (this is where I want Vista and OSX installed), 2 raided (data only))

On board audio (SigmatTel STAC9271)

On board network (Intel 82566DC gigabit)

On board video (disabled)

On board RAID controller (Intel 82801HR/HH/HO SATA)

PCIE Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (256MB)

I have disabled Serial and Parallel in BIOS, and have even tried disabiling USB thinking the install was experiencing a conflict between PS2 and USB.

Has anyone installed retail Leopard with this or a similar configuration and would be willing to share steps and or modified ISO(s)?

I appreciate any help or guidance provided.

Regards,

Scott

Hey Guys,

I have a working boot CD, after swapping out with retail the Darwin loader (this part / - \ | / - \ | )

takes forever, when it does finish i get the gray screen with the dark gray apple in the middle, then nothing happens from there. no mouse no loading nothing just sits there... is there a kext or something that I'm missing? I'm stuck! any ideas? Thanks.

Ok guys - I have made the 'ultimate' kext configuration for the GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (this should also work for most other P965 chipset motherboards). Also - make sure you connect your HD up to the purple SATA ports (the JMicron ones, instead of the ICH8 ones). The disk read/write speeds are much faster!

This is it:

picture1au3.jpg

If anyone is struggling with making the ISO, I can upload this one. I've still yet to play with the version.plist files inside the kexts - in the meantime, you will need to boot with -v -f (only when booting the retail DVD. After installation you can boot with just -v).

- Sabr.

P.s.

Disk test with HD connected to ICH8 SATA port (orange one):

picture2qa5.jpg

Disk test with HD connected to JMicron SATA port (purple one):

picture3ak9.jpg

As you can see, using the JMicron SATA port improves disk test performance... I think this is down to which kext is used. IOATAFamily.kext is used for ICH8 (orange), whereas JMicronATA.kext is used for JMicron (purple).

I install kalway 10.5.2 successfully on my laptop Toshiba L40. When I see this topic, try to install Leopard , but it's failed.

here is what i do

1.burn generic.iso on topic #1

2.boot from cd

3.when darwin prompt , press esc

4.swap to put Mac Leopard Retail DVD

5.press enter

6.about 10 minutes later , it shows up blue color screen, then it stoped.

Q1: i install kalway successfully, is that menas i can install Retail Leopard , if I put correct kexts into initrd.img ?

Q2:how do I chenk what kexts that must put into initrd.img?

I have read this topic from page 1 to page 14, but I have no idea,

somebody can help me?

forgive my poor english

Toshib L40 spec

CPU Intel Celeron M 520(1.6GHz)

Chip Mobile IntelR 943GML

VGA Mobile Intel® 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family

Ok guys - I have made the 'ultimate' kext configuration for the GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (this should also work for most other P965 chipset motherboards). Also - make sure you connect your HD up to the purple SATA ports (the JMicron ones, instead of the ICH8 ones). The disk read/write speeds are much faster!

This is it:

picture1au3.jpg

If anyone is struggling with making the ISO, I can upload this one. I've still yet to play with the version.plist files inside the kexts - in the meantime, you will need to boot with -v -f (only when booting the retail DVD. After installation you can boot with just -v).

- Sabr.

P.s.

Disk test with HD connected to ICH8 SATA port (orange one):

picture2qa5.jpg

Disk test with HD connected to JMicron SATA port (purple one):

picture3ak9.jpg

As you can see, using the JMicron SATA port improves disk test performance... I think this is down to which kext is used. IOATAFamily.kext is used for ICH8 (orange), whereas JMicronATA.kext is used for JMicron (purple).

can you please upload the iso? would this work for ds3l?

do you know if its a problem if you have an IDE hdd or dvd drive?

does it all have to be sata?

thanks

can you please upload the iso? would this work for ds3l?

do you know if its a problem if you have an IDE hdd or dvd drive?

does it all have to be sata?

thanks

I'll upload the ISO tomorrow. I used an IDE DVD drive to install. It works fine so long as you boot with -v -f. However, you're motherboard doesn't share the same chipset as mine, so you must find out what SATA/IDE controllers you have and use the appropriate kext's for them.

Total NOOB question (I suppose) :)

Once I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso how do I create a bootable CD using Toast? Or should I use a windows based program?

Where do I insert (for need for a better word) the alcinject and NVinject for my hardware?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

Hello people,

I can isntall it on my laptop, but the keyboard and trackpad don't work. It just works on Darwin screen.

Has anyone been able to get the keyboard working on a laptop? Could you please uplaod the .iso you used?

Thanks

Total NOOB question (I suppose) :lol:

Once I've downloaded BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso how do I create a bootable CD using Toast? Or should I use a windows based program?

Where do I insert (for need for a better word) the alcinject and NVinject for my hardware?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

There are instructions in this topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=113288

using a p5k-e here...

can't seems to get the ps2 keyboard to work despite trying to change the ACPIPlatform, PS2Controller and PS2Nub kexts... can anyone please help?

btw, have anyone had a successful install with the asus p5k-e?

I was so excited to download Sabr's ISO but then I noticed it's for a GA-965-DS3 :( Can anyone with a GA-P35-DS3R share their boot CD?

here you go, this is for the GA-P35-DS4, i think it might work for you too

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4

two things:

1. audio not working (i use external firewire)

2. with my evga 8800 GTX i have to put nvinject in the S/L/Extensions , not in the iso, or else i loose quartz

sorry for totally noob question,

but would be very appreciated if someone could reply,

would generic.iso work on my computer spec:

1.Asus P5GPL-X

2.Nvidia Geforce 6500 256mb

3.Pentium 4 2,66 ghz

4.PS2 mouse&keyboard

and if installation fails, would I be able to install XP again?

thx, :P

here you go, this is for the GA-P35-DS4, i think it might work for you too

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4

two things:

1. audio not working (i use external firewire)

2. with my evga 8800 GTX i have to put nvinject in the S/L/Extensions , not in the iso, or else i loose quartz

your iso should work with ds3l, right? im going to try it when i get home.

Hi, I am new here, but I am already few years trying to start a MacOSX, first with Kallyway then with iAtkos. And now trying this new BOOT-132.

I am still downloading Leopard Retail DVD 10.5 now. But I want to ask which Kexts do I need for my laptop MSI Gx700px and if its possible to put retail on it. Because I've heard from iAtkos that there is a problem with MSI/ASUS laptop motherboards and PM965 chipset. I guess I need kext for Nvidia 8600GT mobile, and WiFi Intel 4965AGN...and others....but where and what exactly, please, any suggestion?

And if its possible to put it with Vista? Like a dual boot. Probably I need to find some topic for dualbooting "boot-132"

Also my display is running on some strange 59Hz.

* CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, Meron T7500 (Dual Core, 2.2GHz, 2x 2MB cache, 667MHz FSB)

* 1GB NAND Flash Intel Robson

* Intel® PM965 Express (PM965 + ICH8-M)

* 2x 1024MB DDR2 667 (max. 2GB)

* 17" WSXGA+ (1680x1050), ACV (Amazing Crystal Vision) TFT LCD

* VGA: nVIDIA® GeForce 8600M GT, 512MB VRAM + dalších až 1024MB TurboCache

* Theater Class 4.1channel Surround Sound Effect (RealTek ALC882H), 4x repro + subwoofer

* HDD: 2.5", 250GB, SATA, 5400rpm

* Super Multi DVD±R/RW DVD-RAM (LG GSA-H20N)

* LAN: 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet adapter (RealTek 8111B), WOL, Lan Boot

* WLAN: Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/g/n (miniPCI modul Intel 4965AGN)

* Bluetooth Toshiba

* Modem: 56k / V.92 modem (Qcom MA560-3)

* PC Card: Express Card slot

* 3-in-1 (MS/MS Pro/SD)

* CMOS Web kamera: 1.3Mpx CMOS

* VGA: 1x VGA (D-Sub) + 1x HDMI

* USB 2.0: 4x

* FireWire: 1x IEEE1394a, 4pin