Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gels.

ive used this method: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry805274 but i keep getting an error after the -v flag.

the error is :

AppleHDAController:: start ERROR no layout-id found

AppleHDA.kext failed to load. unable to locate "layout-id" property

Ive added a working AppleHDA.kext but still the same error.

Pleae help if you know the solution.

BTW: Im using Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD with vanilla. So I know that the kext im using are working.

Hi guys and gels.

ive used this method: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry805274 but i keep getting an error after the -v flag.

the error is :

AppleHDAController:: start ERROR no layout-id found

AppleHDA.kext failed to load. unable to locate "layout-id" property

Ive added a working AppleHDA.kext but still the same error.

Pleae help if you know the solution.

BTW: Im using Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD with vanilla. So I know that the kext im using are working.

#1st: Use original iso to this (without modification). Link on #1st topic.

#2nd: Need a AppleRetail DVD, Kalyway or others modded DVD's don't work.

#1st: Use original iso to this (without modification). Link on #1st topic.

#2nd: Need a AppleRetail DVD, Kalyway or others modded DVD's don't work.

Hi thanks for the speedy relpy.

1. Ive used the original iso as well (without modification)

2. Ive downloaded 3 files : BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.zip, CDBoot_RC2.sh and generic.iso from the first post

3. Ive used generic.iso (with and without modification) but get the same error

4. I am using a RETAIL LEOPARD DVD. (I have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed already)

any suggestions ??

Well My chipset would be:

Motherboard Specs:

Intel® P965 & ICH8

North Bridge: Intel® P965

South Bridge: Intel® ICH8

LAN: Realtek RTL8110SC Giga LAN Controller

BTW: Kalyway 10.5.2 loads/boots perfect

Motherboard Specs:

Intel® P965 & ICH8

Can post pictures of errors? Or detailed infos?

Motherboard Specs:

Intel® P965 & ICH8

shardie, you have the P965 chipset (like mine, which uses the JMicron controller). You need to make an iso with the patched JMicronATA.kext and boot with -v -f. Then the DVD should boot for you.

- Sabr.

shardie, you have the P965 chipset (like mine, which uses the JMicron controller). You need to make an iso with the patched JMicronATA.kext and boot with -v -f. Then the DVD should boot for you.

- Sabr.

Hey there. Thanks --- thats makes more sense. So you saying that maybe all i need is to add the JmicronATA.kext to the DVD ?

Hey there. Thanks --- thats makes more sense. So you saying that maybe all i need is to add the JmicronATA.kext to the DVD ?

Not the DVD - the boot-132 cd. You need to insert it into the intird.dmg which holds all the patched kexts your system needs to run the DVD.

ok i'm this close to get everything working with a GA-P35-DS4 :(

just missing one thing: my evga 8800 GTX 768mb

what should I use to get this working? nvinject? nvkush? is it possible to use EFI strings?

- Sabr.

Sabr, I have the same mobo as you. What are the kexts you needed to add to make the install work? Was it just the JMicronATA.kext? Or did you need others for sound and network and such. Thanks for any info.

Sabr, I have the same mobo as you. What are the kexts you needed to add to make the install work? Was it just the JMicronATA.kext? Or did you need others for sound and network and such. Thanks for any info.

Hey, this is what I used:

picture1gu9.jpg

You wont need all of those to boot the DVD. But that's what I'm currently experimenting with, to find the perfect set of kext's for the GA-965P-DS3.

The patched JMicronATA.kext and IOATAFamily.kext are important. You must also boot with -v -f, otherwise it won't load all the kext's.

- Sabr.

i've got a problem loading my audio kext too. it's azalia. i checked the boot log and it shows that it could not alloc the kext

Yes some kext load some not i don`t know why.

If i use my IntelFramebuufer kext he not load i chek kextstat after restart ...

One Q if i have two same named kext one on usbboot and one in extension folder who kext will be used ?

I was delete intelfremebufer kext from my extension folder and put other intelframebufer kext to my usbbootloader but not load when i copy it to extension folder it`s load.

has anyone tried this on a ds3l? how bout we make custom intird.dmg files for each type of motherboard?

would that be legal? i'll make one for ds3l but i have to get it running first.

I believe it would be great to have this organized by mainboard, so, say ds3l users knows what kekts to use, p5k users, etc etc.

Just a thought.

Respect.

I believe it would be great to have this organized by mainboard, so, say ds3l users knows what kekts to use, p5k users, etc etc.

Just a thought.

Respect.

yes, that would make things so much easier for noobs like me. it would also clear a lot of these threads regarding boot-123. i'm willing to work on the ds3l, but need my original kalyway 10.5.2 up and running again.

my hackintosh got borked after trying to install kalyway 10.5.3 update.

i have a backup of my OS but it wont boot up. still working on it.