AppleACPIPS2Nub for Leopard only

163 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Here is the beta AppleACPIPS2Nub I have revised. It will work with any version of AppleACPIPlatform without editing the info.plist. Hopefully, in the future, we don't have to worry about AppleACPIPlatform being updated and losing the PS/2 devices.

It is based on original dfe's ACPIPS2Nub. (http://www.tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html) I have tested it with 1.1.0 and 1.2.1 of AppleACPIPlatform and it works. Make sure that you don't have ACPIPS2Nub Installed or it will cause error.

Again, it is just the beta version and backup the original ACPIPS2Nub before trying it.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIPS2Nub.zip

Update: 7/9/2008

AppleACPIPS2Nub_b3.zip

Update: 7/23/2008, 8/2/2008

1. AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5: Fixed PS/2 keyboard working without PS/2 mouse existed in the system.

2. AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse: Fixed PS/2 mouse working without PS/2 keyboard existed in the system.

AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse is basically the same as AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5. In the AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5, mouse is attached to keyboard while in the AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse, keyboard is attached to mouse.

(You might need the modified ApplePS2Controller to make your PS/2 devices work if your system ONLY has PS/2 keyboard OR PS/2 mouse existed.)

AppleACPIPS2Nub_b5.zip

AppleACPIPS2Nub_Mouse.zip

============================

Update: 8/8/2008 (ApplePS2Controller)

The ApplePS2Controller I revised. It should work with most of keyboards including Gateway and LG notebook.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...14578&st=66

Thanks man!

I installed a retail leopard on my laptop using the boot-132 cd. After the installation leopard doesn't recognize my keyboard. It says that the keyobard isn't connected, so it ask me to do it.

Would this kext solve this problem??? :)

Hi guys,

Here is the beta AppleACPIPS2Nub I have revised. It will work with any version of AppleACPIPlatform without editing the info.plist. Hopefully, in the future, we don't have to worry about AppleACPIPlatform being updated and losing the PS/2 devices.

It is based on original dfe's ACPIPS2Nub. (http://www.tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html) I have tested it with 1.1.0 and 1.2.1 of AppleACPIPlatform and it works. Make sure that you don't have ACPIPS2Nub Installed or it will cause error.

Again, it is just the beta version and backup the original ACPIPS2Nub before trying it.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIPS2Nub.zip

Hey budd,

nice work...again THX :thumbsup_anim:

Will test it next hours and report...

good works! but where i must put it? in the extensions folder, or into plugins folder of appleacpiplatoform??

Doesn't matter as long as it is somewhere in Extensions folder, make sure to remove the old one.

Hi guys,

I have updated b3 version. Not much changed. Just put do some cleanup.

Chun-Nan

Q: Does this .kext is only needed for Notebooks (their buildin keyboard + trackpad) or is it also needed for normal PCs ?

Hi mitch_de,

I think you need it for any computers (desktops or laptops) that have PS/2 devices (keyboard or mouse). In addition, you still need ApplePS2Controller to work with it.

Chun-Nan

Thanks man!

I installed a retail leopard on my laptop using the boot-132 cd. After the installation leopard doesn't recognize my keyboard. It says that the keyobard isn't connected, so it ask me to do it.

Would this kext solve this problem??? :(

Hi titooo,

It should work if your keyboard is PS/2 interface. However, you still need ApplePS2Controller to work with it.

Chun-Nan

Hey guys, I can't get it working. What am I doing wrong?

So I lost the PS2 keyboard when I upgraded from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4. I tried a bunch of things to fix it, but basically this is how it stands now:

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext is in the Extensions folder, version 1.0.3
  • The new AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is in the plugins folder of the above kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext is in the Extensions folder, version 1.1.0

Is there something missing? Why won't it work?

Hey guys, I can't get it working. What am I doing wrong?

So I lost the PS2 keyboard when I upgraded from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4. I tried a bunch of things to fix it, but basically this is how it stands now:

Hi The Gonif,

Have you removed or moved the old ACPIPS2Nub.kext from your extensions folder? Double check your file permissions.

Chun-Nan

I some issues with the .kext I have attached the System.log for you to take a look at.

thanks bro

Hi austinsnyc,

According to your log:

"

Jul 9 23:12:52 localhost kernel[0]: Class "AppleACPIPS2Nub" is duplicate

Jul 9 23:12:52 localhost kernel[0]: Duplicate class

"

You need to remove or move the old ACPIPS2Nub.kext from your extensions folder.

Chun-Nan

You need to remove or move the old ACPIPS2Nub.kext from your extensions folder.
whoever has such problems please also look inside the AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns, if a ACPIPS2Nub.kext is in there, and if so then remove it out of there .. :jerry:
Hey guys, I can't get it working. What am I doing wrong?So I lost the PS2 keyboard when I upgraded from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4. I tried a bunch of things to fix it, but basically this is how it stands now:

• use the current AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.21 without any AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext or ACPIPS2Nub.kext. 1.0.3 comes from Tiger, meant for non-EFI in Leo and is buggy ..
  • here I have the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext directly in the XT folder. Why would you want to put it inside another kext?

Will this fix the non-working PS2 onboard keyboard not functioning (at all) on a brand new Gateway M6843? Syn trackpad works great, but the built-in PS2 keyboard doesn't work whatsoever. Plugging in a USB keyboard is required to finish installation and to use.

Normally I'd just give it a spin but I'm away and currently have no USB keyboard available (I'm booted into Vista... eww).

I'm dual booting with Mac OS X 10.5.4 Kalyway.

Vista reports it as a PS2 keyboard. This laptop has no PS2 ports -- just USB and VGA.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Yeah, methamp, I would expect it to work on your system.

This kext was useful for me since I only had a PS2 keyboard and the other ACPIPS2Nub required a vanilla ACPIPlatform, which I haven't been able to get working.

Unfortunately, still no luck with a Gateway, my laptop being a MT-6916. Chun is there any way to fix this like adding certain values or devid's to get these laptop keyboards recognized? The PS2 controller sees the trackpad fine and even the mouse gets detected. This laptop has no issues other than the keyboard and to swap out a wireless card, everything else works out the box. It's just beyond annoying that the keyboard of all things fails to work no matter what has been tried.

Unfortunately, still no luck with a Gateway, my laptop being a MT-6916. Chun is there any way to fix this like adding certain values or devid's to get these laptop keyboards recognized? The PS2 controller sees the trackpad fine and even the mouse gets detected. This laptop has no issues other than the keyboard and to swap out a wireless card, everything else works out the box. It's just beyond annoying that the keyboard of all things fails to work no matter what has been tried.

Hi iron,

You probably need to try different ApplePS2Controller drivers.

Chun-Nan

I think I've only seen one of the Leopard releases that the ps2controller even sees the keyboard and the probe failed. Otherwise, it's not even detected at all. The kexts are loading fine that's for sure. I'll have to go through the dvd's again and try to find the particular one. It just seems the Gateways laptops in general have a very stubborn ps2 keyboard controller.

So, I'm getting the same results that the hardware probe fails on ApplePS2Keyboard.kext, this is the 2.0 version of it found on the iAtkos 10.5.1 dvd. Is their any way to force detection? Can the keyboard.kext be modded to include our keyboard device id's?