Via Chrome9 HC IGP driver

Rikad Rahman

13 posts in this topic

Please someone give me the driver of Via Chrome9 HC IGP.

My PCI-e has broken.

So i need this driver.

Plz give me the driver or give me some instruction how can i build the driver.(I dont have any idea about building driver) But i need this. :D

Can i build the driver by modifying any existing driver?

Plz help.

Here is the info about my IGP.

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor ID: 0x1106

Device ID: 0x3371

Revision ID: 0x0001

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

It is a n integrated agp.

I have the source code of the driver and also have linux drivers.

Is there any way to compile the source for leo driver?

Or use the linux driver by modifying?

How to compile a driver for osx from source?

Plz give me some advice or links.

• 6 months later...

Actually it is possible to get this card working. I guess what the nay-sayers mean is that there is no pre-existing hack for this card that you can just download. I'm working on a driver based on the source but it's complicated and time consuming and nothing is properly documented. My card currently works fine in Vesa and I've modified a version of Natit to detect it but it doesn't offer hardware acceleration.

In any case, the answer is these things are possible but will depend on people with way too much free time making it a personal crusade... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think all you will get is VESA mode. i had one fujitsu siemens laptop with that card and gave up after few weeks of trying. there are so little people with it so almost no one bothers. i would recommend replace your mobo with integrated graphics like GMA950(they are very cheap now) and just swap the mobo's.

• 1 month later...
Actually it is possible to get this card working. I guess what the nay-sayers mean is that there is no pre-existing hack for this card that you can just download. I'm working on a driver based on the source but it's complicated and time consuming and nothing is properly documented. My card currently works fine in Vesa and I've modified a version of Natit to detect it but it doesn't offer hardware acceleration.

In any case, the answer is these things are possible but will depend on people with way too much free time making it a personal crusade... ;-)

Can you send me your Natit.kext?

• 1 month later...
Can you send me your Natit.kext?

OK. I'm getting PMs for this, so here is the modified Natit that basically just injects some of the right strings. It's only using VESA but I've been too busy to spend the time on getting 2D acceleration working. It's doable, but, I basically agree that the VIA Chrome chipset sucks - it doesn't do good 3D even with Windoze so I can't see myself spending lots of time to get this working.

I guess it's (mildly) better than nothing though...

VIAChrome9HCIGP.kext.zip

• Like 2

Please someone give me the driver of Via Chrome9 HC IGP.

My PCI-e has broken.

So i need this driver.

Plz give me the driver or give me some instruction how can i build the driver.(I dont have any idea about building driver) But i need this. :(

Can i build the driver by modifying any existing driver?

Plz help.

Here is the info about my IGP.

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor ID: 0x1106

Device ID: 0x3371

Revision ID: 0x0001

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

good luck getting via the most crappiest most {censored}tiest hardware company working on any os when it comes to driver support

I installed driver above, until he identifies the external monitor in the BOOT, but, the system continues not identifying and not allowing I to use a external monitor (until the resolution of the intern it has that to be forced…)

• 3 years later...