geforce 8800 gt problem

info-lcc

11 posts in this topic

hi everyone i have an palit/xpertvision geforce 8800 gt super+ that mens the super + is only an other coolingsystem so i hve installes leo 10.5.4 from kalyway so everything what is missing is the right kext my graphicscard is showed with only 256 mb of ram but it is originally 1024 mb have sombody got the kext to make it right?

mfg info-lcc

thanks for the fast answer yes i see its only a fake what the system profiler says but yet theres the next problem it say when collecting the infos there was an error sry it the englisch is bad im german XD

can you take a screenshot of the error? hit the following keys at the same time to take a screenshot, it will show up on your desktop:

command shift 3

(command is probably your windows key)

you're going to need to get a new 'AppleSMBIOS.kext', you can get one from netkas or one from macdotnub.

here's macdotnub's site

http://my.macdotnub.info/content/view/19/26/

in the 'downloads' section, get the second or third one (whatever matches your ram, again it doesn't matter since its just cosmetic). if you arent sure, get the third one (800mhz) and install the new kext and make sure you change the proper permissions so it works.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...