ATI Mobility RADEON HD Series(Still Not supported)

AldoWeb

66 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm fairly sure you can achieve this by just removing the ATIRadeonX2000.kext from your Extensions folder.

Give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

I'm using a mobility HD 2400 and this does the trick for me.

This works for me. Display is working on internal/laptop monitor. Been trying to get this working all day.

Toshiba A200 with an ATI Readon 2600 Mobility. I hate these cards. Even had problems getting it to work with XP as the laptop came with vista. Have learnt my lesson from this laptop and will be doing more resaerch into the video card before i buy my next laptop.

Now to get the wireless and sound working

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Omg!!! Why it so difficult to "swap" internal/external monitors?? I think that just nobody want to do anything for this DAMNED 2400HD mobility.

I don't have enough money to buy macbook. -_- I'm gonna crazy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it plausible at least after deleting the the ATIRadeonX2000.kext to be able to set my resolution at 1280x800.

I am using Fujitsu Siemens Pi 2550 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 id 94c9. I'll be grateful for any help. I am certain it is up to editing any configuration file but which one? I tried add as boot parameter "Display Mode"="1280x800x32@50" with no result :( I hope there would be released driver soon.

and... Sorry for my bad English.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone still interested in getting the Mobility Radeon HD2400 (DevID 94C9), to work under OSX?

Yes, me! ;)

I have had no luck with the iDeneb v1.3, beit over the Internal Monitor nor the External One.

So I decided to give Leo4All (10.5.2) a try, and although that too fails to work with my Internal Monitor, it DOES WORK with the External (Normal VGA-OUT), with full QE & CI to boot! :)

Please, could you tell me what you choose in Leo4All installation for the video kext?

Also, of course I don't want to plug the external VGA, but it's a start.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! a few months have passed now...

anyone got the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 to work with the internal monitor?

And what about QE/CI?

Could any1 share a solution?

Cuz i have this gfx card and right now i'm out of options... has any magic distro that i'm not familiar with solved this?

Here's 4 hoping some1 will or already has got a solution 4 this card!

Cheers!

Hey guys! a few months have passed now...

anyone got the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 to work with the internal monitor?

And what about QE/CI?

Could any1 share a solution?

Cuz i have this gfx card and right now i'm out of options... has any magic distro that i'm not familiar with solved this?

Here's 4 hoping some1 will or already has got a solution 4 this card!

Cheers!

hey there, good news for you. Dong made a framebuffer, now i can use leopard in correct res but no qe/ci for now. but they are working on it. go here for the kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1320708

gluck

No WAY! :(

How did i miss that topic?!

Thanks 4 the heads up nagapelangi!

Owe you 1!

I'll give it a shot, definately, though i can't find my Vendor & Model ID on that list...just between you & me, i think those updates don't apply 2 the Mobility family...

but hey! that's something! and it might actually work, but even if it doesnt the fact that it exists means that something is still in development and that's dam good news!

so thanks a lot mate! :hysterical:

i'll report my results as soon as i get them!

Cheers!

[]

No WAY! :)

How did i miss that topic?!

Thanks 4 the heads up nagapelangi!

Owe you 1!

I'll give it a shot, definately, though i can't find my Vendor & Model ID on that list...just between you & me, i think those updates don't apply 2 the Mobility family...

but hey! that's something! and it might actually work, but even if it doesnt the fact that it exists means that something is still in development and that's dam good news!

so thanks a lot mate! :)

i'll report my results as soon as i get them!

Cheers!

[]

hey, i have the same gfx. hd 2400 mobility(128mb). im sure it will work on yours. But remember to set the backlight option to 'false'. read the thread, n u will know\.