ATI Mobility RADEON HD Series(Still Not supported)

AldoWeb

66 posts in this topic

To modify it you need a password account. In terminal type

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (press enter)

Then enter your password account.

You can see a lot of :

<key>xxx</key>
<string>xxx</string>

Copy one of them (with the spaces to respect the alignment) and paste it after the last one replacing :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string >1280x1024x32</string>

Another tip : In Darwin bootloader if you type ?video you can see all resolutions allowed.

No AldoWeb, this Natit.kext works with internal monitor OR external monitor. The GPU is recognized as ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT. Run in normal mode, here is my laptop :

But QE/CI can't be enabled because ATIRadeonX2000.kext doesn't work AT ALL, I tryed at least 5 different IDs in it. Nothing to do, I just have a black screen or a black screen with colored points. Consequences : The resolution cannot be changed.

OMG Clark971 natit.kext works with internal monitor on ATI Mobilities.

Please share us what you did.

First thing for us on mobilities is to enable the internal monitors on natit.kext than we can focus on CI/QE

PS: As per the thread on non mobility radeons CI/QE should be enabled on Mobilities on external monitor using that natit.kext and the ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Thanks Aldo

It's strange sume5h... And if you try to type in the Darwin Bootloader :

"Graphics Mode"="1152x864x32"

?

You can type ?video to have more informations about supported resolutions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AldoWeb. What I did.

I download exactly the Natit.kext in the link I gave. Then I copyed it to /System/Library/Extensions/

I activated root account by going in Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility, choosing Enable Root User from the Edit menu and entering the root password I wished to use in both the Password and Verify fields, then clicked OK.

After I opened Terminal, and typed :

su (press enter and type your root password and repress enter)

sudo chmod -R -755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ (press enter)

sudo diskutil repairPermissions / (press enter)

I rebooted.

And voila. Internal monitor is working in normal and safe boot. You can try -legacy at the Darwin bootloader if after my manipulation it doesn't work for you.

I'm going to test sumeh5's Kalyway now !! (I'm under Zephyroth AMD version on an Intel Laptop ^^)

I have just tried whit Clark 971 nanit and does not work for me. I got the black screen, now i am writing whit a external monitor, i have a Mobility Radeon Hd2400.

No solution to our Graphics Proccesor :P

when i typed "?video" i got list of resolution

i seen 1280x1024x32 resolution also, but i didn't find 1280x800x32 for my laptop

but i didn't know how to select the resolution

i guess this is the command for that - "Graphics Mode"="1152x864x32"

i will try

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have also tried natit.kext

here is what i did with natit.kext(instruction is from "[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard" topic)

1.Extract the archive and copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

2.Locate ATIRadeonX2000.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with the editor of your choice and add the PCI ID of your card (if it is not already in there). Save.

3.# Open Terminal and typed:

CODE

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel *

sudo chmod -R 755 *

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info

Reboot and prayed :( ...............but didn't work :)

i will try AldoWeb natit instrctions now

how to find PCI ID of my card?

when i typed "?video" i got list of resolution

i seen 1280x1024x32 resolution also, but i didn't find 1280x800x32 for my laptop

but i didn't know how to select the resolution

i guess this is the command for that - "Graphics Mode"="1152x864x32"

i will try

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have also tried natit.kext

here is what i did with natit.kext(instruction is from "[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard" topic)

1.Extract the archive and copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

2.Locate ATIRadeonX2000.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with the editor of your choice and add the PCI ID of your card (if it is not already in there). Save.

3.# Open Terminal and typed:

CODE

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel *

sudo chmod -R 755 *

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info

Reboot and prayed :P ...............but didn't work :)

i will try AldoWeb natit instrctions now

how to find PCI ID of my card?

It is not that dificult to find the PCI ID of your card.

Go to About this Mac open System profiler with the second button.

Click the Graphis Cards on the list and you'll se details about the card.

The vendor Id should be 1002 (ATI) and the PCI ID should be smth like 94cX where X is some number (this if you have a 2400 HD chip)

You may check the screenshot Clark971 has provided, there left to the Fourniteur (Vendor) you have 0x1002 (aka ATI)

And left to the Identifant du Periferique (Device Id) you have 0x9481 <- This is the PCI ID of Clark971.

Clark971 may add 0x94811002 on ATIRadeonX2000.kext, while you sume5h should check yours.

PS: Those were not my instructions just results of testing the topic you mentioned above "[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard"

PS2:

Clark

It seems your 2600 mobility is better working with natit.kext.

This is strange as the LVDS connector is the same. But than For you clark remains fixing the ATIRadeonX2000.kext to talk to LVDS.

But your PCI ID 9481 the 1 shows standard Radeon not mobility.

How does windows identifies your graphic card?

when i type "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"

i'm getting kernel panic

i tried "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" & "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x16"

computer is booting but resolution don't change, stuck at 1024x786x32

-----------------------------------------------------

i cannot activate root account by going in Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility to try natit

my LAN is not working yet

when i type "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"

i'm getting kernel panic

i tried "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" & "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x16"

computer is booting but resolution don't change, stuck at 1024x786x32

-----------------------------------------------------

i cannot activate root account by going in Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility to try natit

my LAN is not working yet

Hmmm... strange

With natit i can boot fine on external monitor.

No CI/QE as I don't have ATIRadeonX2000.kext

• 2 weeks later...
AldoWeb. What I did.

I download exactly the Natit.kext in the link I gave. Then I copyed it to /System/Library/Extensions/

I activated root account by going in Applications/Utilities/Directory Utility, choosing Enable Root User from the Edit menu and entering the root password I wished to use in both the Password and Verify fields, then clicked OK.

After I opened Terminal, and typed :

su (press enter and type your root password and repress enter)

sudo chmod -R -755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext (press enter)

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ (press enter)

sudo diskutil repairPermissions / (press enter)

I rebooted.

And voila. Internal monitor is working in normal and safe boot. You can try -legacy at the Darwin bootloader if after my manipulation it doesn't work for you.

I'm going to test sumeh5's Kalyway now !! (I'm under Zephyroth AMD version on an Intel Laptop ^^)

I forgot to tell that you have to remove EVERY ATI*.kext files in Extensions. Then internal monitor works. If you don't remove these files, your screen is going to stay black.

Also, my ID is 0x9581 not 0x9481.

• 2 weeks later...
HD 2600 doesn't work at all (I haven't have image on the internal monitor of my hp 8510p).

Yes Ed We know that

If you need graphics on your internal monitor reove ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ and even Natit.kext if there.

So You'll have a 1024X780X60Hz res.

Hey guys does anyone know the group who's working on these cards.

I'might be a good tester for them :censored2: .

Some more details:

I saw on other older topics regarding Natit and oler radeons on Laptops with EDID mods(X1600-X1700).

I believe that's the way we can fix our Monitors (Yeah Mac knows our cards well the problem is that it doesn't probe the monitor at all) the mointor stays black as some state pins were disconnected.

I tried to put my EDID(extraced with phoenix with VISTA) on the Natit.kext/Contents/Info.plist but to no avail.

Aldo

• 2 months later...

Is anyone still interested in getting the Mobility Radeon HD2400 (DevID 94C9), to work under OSX?

It would seem that One of the "Golden Rules" holds true if at first you don't succeeded, try another Distro!

I have had no luck with the iDeneb v1.3, beit over the Internal Monitor nor the External One.

So I decided to give Leo4All (10.5.2) a try, and although that too fails to work with my Internal Monitor, it DOES WORK with the External (Normal VGA-OUT), with full QE & CI to boot! :)

So it seems that the "trick" is to get the Driver to recognize the Internal Monitor, and we're good to go!

Now I've seen reports of People getting there HD2600's to work, and those are not to different to the HD2400's or?!?! ;)

So has there / will there be progress made with the HD2400??

• 2 weeks later...

i have a gateway m-6864fx with an mobility radeon hd2600, and i just installed ideneb 10.5.5. system booted fine, but went to disco screen after loading. booted into safe mode to install the x2000.kext, rebooted, and lost display all together. connected to the vga input on my tv and got a picture back. qe and everything. but after trying to alter resolution, the tv screen went black and i'm back to square one. i guess what i'm saying is PLEASE GOD LET THERE BE A MOBILITY HD2600 DRIVER SOOOOOOON!

ive had so much trouble with this card im buying an 8800gt

Hope your Laptop supports the MXM standard.

Sadly this is not going to be an option for most People, like myself.

Yes I could remove the "Chip" in question, but it's not the nVidia MXM standard, nor is it an ATi AXIOM standard either.

In that these are "Gold-Finger" Cards. The Card in my Laptop has a Prong & Socket Connector.

And both the VGA and DVI area also on this Card.

Just for reference my Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2550 w/an ATi RaDeOn HD 2400 (DevID 94C9)

Is anyone still interested in getting the Mobility Radeon HD2400 (DevID 94C9), to work under OSX?

So has there / will there be progress made with the HD2400??

Are the Mobility HD 34xx and 36xx cards similar to the Mobility HD 2400 in terms of problems with getting OSX to recognize the internal monitor?

• 2 weeks later...

No progress.......=)

But a question:

There are Drivers for Ati Mobility Series for Windows XP and VISTA, only avaible for the specific notebook. For example I find my Driver on acer.com.

Can we find a solution for our problems in parts of this drivers??

Thx,

mairhons

No progress.......=)

But a question:

There are Drivers for Ati Mobility Series for Windows XP and VISTA, only avaible for the specific notebook. For example I find my Driver on acer.com.

Can we find a solution for our problems in parts of this drivers??

Thx,

mairhons

That's because according to ATi the OEM-NAIZIs won't let them release drivers for there "Chips" because of the "integrated" nature of Laptops, it might break other Drivers / OS / The World as we know it!

Which is total BS but, that's just how it is. Thankfully we have Driverheavon's Mobility Modder, for ATi Chips though, so at least we have access to the most current Drivers. (Windows ONLY!!).

I don't think we could look to windows for this kind of help, it seems more logical to try and port the Linux Drivers.

OSX =/= BSD =/= LINUX (e.g. OSX is closer to Linux then it is to Windows).

That's because according to ATi the OEM-NAIZIs won't let them release drivers for there "Chips" because of the "integrated" nature of Laptops, it might break other Drivers / OS / The World as we know it!

Which is total BS but, that's just how it is. Thankfully we have Driverheavon's Mobility Modder, for ATi Chips though, so at least we have access to the most current Drivers. (Windows ONLY!!).

I don't think we could look to windows for this kind of help, it seems more logical to try and port the Linux Drivers.

OSX =/= BSD =/= LINUX (e.g. OSX is closer to Linux then it is to Windows).

Ok, I understand.

But under Linux the Ati Mobility's are running. Not always without problems, but with little corrections they will work.

For example a Linux HowTo for Ati Mobility HD2600: http://www.cyberarmy.net/library/article/1777

Maybe it will work with this drivers?

But i know it's difficult......

Thx

• 2 weeks later...